Why is Hicks face scarred??

Started by compo, Mar 08, 2015, 12:59:38 AM

Author
Why is Hicks face scarred?? (Read 5,229 times)

compo

compo

Hey there, it's always bugged me that Hicks' face is shown as scarred, in Aliens the acid doesn't get him in the face, it's just his chest as far as I can see and definitely not enough to cause the scarring in the graphic novels/new makeup test.
Are there any BTS shots of His makeup after the lift scene?

Predatorium

Predatorium

Hicks is burned in the face in the movie. Look at his bandages later in the movie. But I don't think he was so badly burned as the comics and this concept art shows.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

He was burned on the face, and an eye was damaged. In the scene when he says "Don't be gone long, Ellen," he is covering up his damaged eye.

compo

compo

Definitely a little, as far as I could tell looking at the BR when the come out of the lift his eye is shut but that's it and when he says "get if off" it's just his chest

SiL

SiL

His face is smoking. Doesn't take a lot of acid to do horrible things to a person's skin.

compo

compo

Are there any screen caps kicking or behind the scenes pics kicking around

SiL

SiL

Found this in a few seconds on Google.

His face is clearly burned.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Nice pic. Also, why would he have bandages over his face and eye if they weren't burned by the acid?

compo

compo

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155886&d=1420243188     

There's a better one here and it's only a tiny bit, this is what got me. Was it the GN set after Aliens that featured the heavily scarred Hicks, can't remember what it's called?

Perfect-Organism

In truth, there was definitely a lot of evidence that his face was scarred in the movie, however it did not look that way at the time of the incident.  They could have done a better job of showing that he was hit by the acid from the get-go.  Instead it looked like nothing happened, then they made the damage look a lot worse.  Oh well, at least he'll be still alive in Alien 5!

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Maybe it induced some kind of anaphylactic shock, some kind of shock, some permanent swelling, I'm sure there's other nasty material in that blood besides acid.

Born Of Cold Light

Considering that alien blood can melt through several layers of steel, Hicks' burns should come as no surprise.

compo

compo

That's what I mean, if you look at Drake it's instant but when Hicks comes out of the lift his eye is shut and there's a tiny bit of damage so I guess the thread shout have been called 'why is Hicks SO scarred in the new tests'.
My bad, beer and forums don't mix  :P

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It is Ripley 8 and that's what happens when she sneezes at you.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

As I pointed out in another thread, acid damage, as with most types of burn, can sometimes take quite awhile to reveal it's full effects on the skin. Mostly because it's still burning and causing damage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed