Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 27, 2020, 07:07:52 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread (Read 21,442 times)

Corporal Hicks

As the title says.

Go and do the Tutorial. It gave me 4 field lockers, ranked me up to level 3 as well.

Corporal Hicks

Kailem

Still probably going to be about an hour or more before I can give it a go myself, but I've definitely been liking what I've seen so far!

Wweyland

I am one of the few who inverts their mouse look. There is an option for it here but it just doesn't work. Total bummer.

Scott Conover

Is anyone else having trouble with customization items? I unlock stuff through the loot boxes and yet I still have to buy it?! :(

The Shuriken

I decided to download it. I know I said I wasn't interested in the type of gameplay, but in a drought of Predator video games, what else can I do?

Samhain13

Just did the tutorial, I'm impressed how good the Predator's movements are. The amount of customization it has for the Predator is amazing, its what I always wanted in any Predator game.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Holy shit I haven't even started the game yet and I'm already satisfied with a lot of what I'm seeing. A part of me can't honestly believe they used Yaujta in this and I really like the redesigned plasma pistol.

First match was as the female Predator and I didn't die!
I didn't kill the whole fire-team but I managed to take at least one of them out with the plasmacaster. I got a bunch of XP for that and I just sat there wondering what the Hell I shot. Turns out it was one of the players. Definitely should charge shots.

Pros: I really like the Predator and if this had a game mode built for the creature I'd be all for it. The Predator here feels really good, as far as I'm concerned Ilfonic has nailed the aesthetic as much as the game-play. To be completely honest after playing the tutorial a bunch it's kind of disappointing the game doesn't simply revolve around playing as the Predator because it's built so well. There's a solid foundation here and I sincerely hope Ilfonic has the chance to do a bunch with it. With what we have though I'm more than satisfied. I've seen on Reddit people complaining about the plasmacaster power and I'll be honest, they're probably not charging the shot. Do that because I did and just shot into the distance on a vain hope I'd get one and I did.

Cons: The map is too big with too little to do. And what I mean is that the fireteam didn't really move about the map, as far as I can tell they did a few objectives nearby and ran off after I got the one player. The match was also pretty short which is kind of sad which is a problem now because matchmaking is taking a bit to start up (stress tests and bandwith issues are going to make this difficult). I really want to do more with the Predator and play as the fire-team but if matches take too long then the quick play is for naught.

Really my issue is that it's actually pretty fun but it's hampered by it's current matchmaking taking too long. I would also want to see more game modes that play to the Predator's strengths because it's really good.

Just finished a fireteam match and I died twice. Either due to how late it is as I did and post this or that matchmaking is still a problem it was only two of us versus a Predator.
The guy with me ran off the minute he heard the Predator and so while I was busy fending off the enemy I get gunned down only for the Predator to swoop in for the kill. I then get to watch as they freak out and run around the map trying to hide from it. I'm still not sure why Predators aren't charging canon shots but whatever. I eventually respawn and end up completing a few more objectives before the Predator is on me again for me to get gunned down right as I kill the last of the goons for the Predator to swoop in. The other guy made it to the chopper though the little chicken shit.

I really liked the fireteam it was a fun experience.

Overall thoughts is that this game is going to live and die by how well it matchmakes. It's really fun and even on a small amount of players I had a blast. But the minute the servers go down there just isn't enough content to keep people occupied otherwise. We need a challenge mode or things to do in solo matches. And yeah you can boot the game by yourself you just don't have much of anything to do. Private matches will have the Predator or fireteam operative versus bots as they'd appear in a regular match, however the game at least for the Predator lacks an end goal and so it's just kills for the sake of kills. This is a game very much meant to be played with the intended experience.

I think for the asking price of 30 dollars though is perfectly fine and with later sales dropping the price there isn't much of an excuse to simply not try it out. The game is fun from what I've played and I certainly don't feel like I've been screwed out of my money for what it currently offers if this demo is any indicator. It's good and dare I say even great but Ilfonic needs to be sure it can boot a match in a reasonable time as even a minute over and I'm looking at Twitter while I wait. All and all though with the first impressions, this is a very solid experience to me and I look forward to launch day.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Really like how the predator moves in the trees. Should be fun once I get used to the controls and gameplay style.
I am ready for this to be on ps6 .

Thunderjack88

How high specs is the pc version?

Sounds like everyone is happy overall which is very good for a trial weekend.

-TJ88

Corporal Hicks

I'm definitely enjoying it! Biggest issue yesterday was the long queue times. Illfonic has said they're aware of and investigating. I really love the level of Predator customisation, that really took me by surprise - especially the dreadlocks and the skin patterning. Really really love that! I love a lot of the Hunting Grounds specific ones, but definitely hoping we'll see some more comic/game/movie based ones.

Loving some of the weapon choices in there for the Fireteam too. Kriss, MP7, EBR, AUG. Happy happy boy to see those. Really love we've got the AA12 in there too, with unlockable drum mag! I can be Royce! Though the AA12 doesn't seem too powerful.

Noticed some framerate dropping while playing as the Fireteam, particularly when transitioning from no action to action. Predator seems to perform fine though.

Wweyland

Could anyone please try if the "Invert mouse" options works or it is only my own issue?

Voodoo Magic

Very annoyed. I spent over two freaking hours trying to complete the tutorial last night. I tried maybe six or seven times. Each time it never let me finish the Predator tutorial because I couldn't claim the trophy by ripping out the boss's skull and complete the objective. I tried rebooting. Studied the controls in case I was missing something. Watched YouTube videos in case I was missing something. Still it told me to claim the trophy, but it wouldn't let me claim the trophy and time would frustratingly run out - every time.

I went on the Illfonic forum and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing the problem. Apparently the claim trophy bugs out and is not over the body somewhere but stuck in the air, where you can possibly jump from a high tree over it and if you're lucky, time your buttons right and set it off.

If I didn't love Predator and already pre-ordered the damn game, and was on the fence about buying it, I would have walked away and said hellz no!  And guaranteed, some will walk over this and they won't waste time registering on Illfonic's forum to report it. Is this even advertised as a BETA? Damn Illfonic when you can't even get your tutorial bug free.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

NOTE the dead body that you need to Claim your Trophy on is a random designated one. You've taken screenshots of the bodies but obviously the one that is marked- which also should show up floating on screen or on your map- is not there. I think this was on purpose. That got me too as you would think the last person you killed should be the one and every kill should have that common trait to claim one. but for the purpose of the tutorial --they made it random so you should go find it on your map. hense in the middle of combat, you dont really want to hang around the dead while being shot at if you're already spotted.

If not on the minimap, you have to look around and see if it is far off in the distance as I encountered my Claim Trohpy guy in the second last part of the map in the jungle.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 28, 2020, 01:21:39 PM
Very annoyed. I spent over two freaking hours trying to complete the tutorial last night. I tried maybe six or seven times. Each time it never let me finish the Predator tutorial because I couldn't claim the trophy by ripping out the boss's skull and complete the objective. I tried rebooting. Studied the controls in case I was missing something. Watched YouTube videos in case I was missing something. Still it told me to claim the trophy, but it wouldn't let me claim the trophy and time would frustratingly run out - every time.

I went on the Illfonic forum and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing the problem. Apparently the claim trophy bugs out and is not over the body somewhere but stuck in the air, where you can possibly jump from a high tree over it and if you're lucky, time your buttons right and set it off.

If I didn't love Predator and already pre-ordered the damn game, and was on the fence about buying it, I would have walked away and said hellz no!  And guaranteed, some will walk over this and they won't waste time registering on Illfonic's forum to report it. Is this even advertised as a BETA? Damn Illfonic when you can't even get your tutorial bug free.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed