TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5

Started by skhellter, May 16, 2022, 01:17:21 PM

Author
TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5 (Read 23,051 times)

skhellter

skhellter

Release Date is August 5.

A new synopsis and extra production details:

QuoteSet in the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, "Prey" is the story of a young woman, Naru, a fierce and highly skilled warrior. She has been raised in the shadow of some of the most legendary hunters who roam the Great Plains, so when danger threatens her camp, she sets out to protect her people. The prey she stalks, and ultimately confronts, turns out to be a highly evolved alien predator with a technically advanced arsenal, resulting in a vicious and terrifying showdown between the two adversaries.

"Prey" is directed by Dan Trachtenberg, written by Patrick Aison ("Jack Ryan," "Treadstone"), and produced by John Davis ("Jungle Cruise," "The Predator") and Jhane Myers ("Monsters of God"), with Lawrence Gordon ("Watchmen"), Marty Ewing ("It: Chapter Two"), James E. Thomas, John C. Thomas and Marc Toberoff ("Fantasy Island") serving as executive producers.

The filmmakers were committed to creating a film that provides an accurate portrayal of the Comanche and brings a level of authenticity that rings true to its Indigenous peoples. Myers, an acclaimed filmmaker, Sundance Fellow and member of the Comanche nation herself, is known for her attention and dedication to films surrounding the Comanche and Blackfeet nations and her passion for honoring the legacies of the Native communities. As a result, the film features a cast comprised almost entirely of Native and First Nation's talent, including Amber Midthunder ("The Ice Road," "Roswell, New Mexico"), newcomer Dakota Beavers, Stormee Kipp ("Sooyii"), Michelle Thrush ("The Journey Home"), Julian Black Antelope ("Tribal").

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Neat. Crossing my fingers for something cool here.

skhellter

So far so good.
Like the sound design.

Kailem

Kailem

Way shorter than I was hoping it'd be, but nice and tense!

Also the fact that we've gotten a teaser means the promotional cycle should be a little more substantial than I was expecting. I honestly didn't think we'd get anything more than a full trailer a couple of weeks before release, so as much as I'd have liked to have seen something more substantial as our first look, this is cool!

It also squashes any doubts that the Predator in this wouldn't be using the plasma caster just because the people he was hunting had more primitive weapons than we've seen before. :P

goose_3387

Need that full trailer!  :o

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on May 16, 2022, 01:24:05 PMIt also squashes any doubts that the Predator in this wouldn't be using the plasma caster just because the people he was hunting had more primitive weapons than we've seen before. :P

Pft. Predators don't play fair. It was never in any doubt for me!

Really enjoyed that trailer! I don't the full trailer doesn't go wild with the details, but I really liked what this was. I do wish we'd have seen the cloak's shimmer, but I've got a feeling they're going to keep the Predator design for this a secret until release.

Master

Looks swell, but can we really jude it afer such short material? I think the filter is similar as in AvP-R (day time or visible parts :D) and I like it allot, Predator sound is also neat. Let's see what comes next.

Kailem

Yeah I liked how it was just short, simple, tense, and told us everything we need to know going in as far as the basic hook goes; that it's a movie set in the past with a Predator hunting Native Americans.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2022, 01:34:11 PMI do wish we'd have seen the cloak's shimmer, but I've got a feeling they're going to keep the Predator design for this a secret until release.

We just need a daytime procedural cop show-style "zoom in; enhance!" on that last bit to see if we can make out any details! ;D

Nightmare Asylum

I think for a teaser it's appropriately tense, it's shot well, and like skhellter said it has some solid sound design.

I have been wanting a period piece Predator film for ages, and Trachtenberg (who's work I really dug on 10 Cloverfield Lane) is definitely delivering on that here. It's early days and we have very little to go off of, of course, but I'd honestly be shocked if this doesn't wind up being better than Predators and The Predator.

Voodoo Magic

The cinematography. The lack of music. The mood that's established? If this is a sign of what the whole movie might be like.... So far? I'm liking what I'm seeing!

Master Chief

Someone's not making it to the final act.  :D That's a good tease!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 16, 2022, 01:40:54 PMIt's early days and we have very little to go off of, of course, but I'd honestly be shocked if this doesn't wind up being better than Predators and The Predator.

Hicks will kill me but that's not a far mountain to climb, especially the latter!

SuperiorIronman

Love the teaser, getting hyped for this one

goose_3387

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2022, 01:41:51 PMThe cinematography. The lack of music. The mood that's established? If this is a sign of what the whole movie might be like.... So far? I'm liking what I'm seeing!

The Predator design aside, the cinematography is what I'm looking forward to seeing most.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: goose_3387 on May 16, 2022, 01:44:37 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2022, 01:41:51 PMThe cinematography. The lack of music. The mood that's established? If this is a sign of what the whole movie might be like.... So far? I'm liking what I'm seeing!

The Predator design aside, the cinematography is what I'm looking forward to seeing most.

Cinematography so far I'm digging. ADI's Predator? Hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed