What are your thoughts on the Xenomorph being Glass canon in future Media?

Started by Thatguy2068, Mar 27, 2022, 09:47:35 PM

Author
What are your thoughts on the Xenomorph being Glass canon in future Media? (Read 4,610 times)

The Cruentus

Aliens being essentially bugs has pretty much been there since the start, not only visually but also the life-cycle is kind of obvious about it. Insects are not only very alien-ish in real life but can be horrifying, efficient and tough. Ants are smart and cunning. They sacrifice themselves for the colony. Some insects can also have the strength to lift three or more times their body weight. So I never had a problem with them being compared to or called bugs, nor in my opinion should anyone else really considering the abilities of an insect.
I mean, scale up a spider, scorpion or centipede etc to a human size or more, you will find they are no joke or anything nearing weak, which is basically what the Aliens naysayers like to think when accusing cameron of turning them into bugs.

I think AFE, like Isolation drones, is not be taken too literally. The invincibilty of those isolation drones is a game mechanic, just like the sheer unrealistic numbers of the Runners on AFE as well how the copious amounts of acid spilt doesn't melt through the hulls. Some things are just there for gameplay purposes. That being said, there should be a middle ground between previous games and AFE on drone/warrior toughness. Where they not cannon fodder but not tanks either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed