TIL something new about Yutani corporation, c. 2137

Started by FenGiddel, Jan 10, 2021, 04:22:35 PM

Author
TIL something new about Yutani corporation, c. 2137 (Read 5,344 times)

FenGiddel

I'm transcribing an Alien: Blackout walkthrough. A couple of lines of dialogue in Level 2 of the game jumped out at me... (For those who haven't played the game, I'm setting a
Spoiler

AMANDA
Before I go, I just wanted to ask,
are you The Ms. Yutani?" [italics mine]

In this line, Amanda establishes that the head of Yutani corporation in 2137 is female. I must have missed that somewhere down the line. Of course, Naoko's response is interesting too:

YUTANI
Merely her second cousin. It is a
powerful name to bear, with many
responsibilities.

I haven't played the game far enough to find out exactly where Yutani and Thorncroft were going on the Haldin. From the game dialogue, they apparently did not received Amanda's warning, so they must have already been headed to Mendel Station.

I look forward to finding out more details of the kind that I discovered today! I enjoy these little breadcrumbs; so much better than infodumps!
[close]

Stitch

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jan 10, 2021, 04:22:35 PM
I'm transcribing an Alien: Blackout walkthrough. A couple of lines of dialogue in Level 2 of the game jumped out at me... (For those who haven't played the game, I'm setting a
Spoiler

AMANDA
Before I go, I just wanted to ask,
are you The Ms. Yutani?" [italics mine]

In this line, Amanda establishes that the head of Yutani corporation in 2137 is female. I must have missed that somewhere down the line. Of course, Naoko's response is interesting too:

YUTANI
Merely her second cousin. It is a
powerful name to bear, with many
responsibilities.

I haven't played the game far enough to find out exactly where Yutani and Thorncroft were going on the Haldin. From the game dialogue, they apparently did not received Amanda's warning, so they must have already been headed to Mendel Station.

I look forward to finding out more details of the kind that I discovered today! I enjoy these little breadcrumbs; so much better than infodumps!
[close]
Not sure this is really a spoiler, but just in case.
Spoiler
Alien Covenant Origins establishes that in 2104 (I think, since it's just prior to the film, though I've not read it in awhile), the head of Weyland-Yutani is Hideo Yutani, and his daughter is named Jenny. I'd guess that it's Jenny Yutani that Amanda is referring to.
[close]

FenGiddel

Ah. Thanks for that. Been a while since I read that book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed