Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,184 times)

Rankles75

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 09, 2021, 03:22:34 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 08, 2021, 10:38:00 PM
That's why I can't wait for Hicks to interview him.

Hicks has interviewed Riddles, can't see why he can't fit in Jimbo as well.

Corporal?

He can't make that kind of decision, he's just a grunt. No offense...

Corporal Hicks

I'm just disappointed I didn't actually say that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You should hire Trouble or me to write your posts for you.

Kimarhi

Yeah Hicks, we thought you'd be smarter than this.

;)

Bughuntwilson

I just notice something decan lotus has done several shooting script pieces on his twitter that involes alien given the fact he,s a storyboard artist you think he's working on something offical?

Corporal Hicks

He's working on his own project.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2022, 03:41:45 PM
He's working on his own project.
And here i was thinking I was on to something so is it going to be a comic or animated

Scott Conover

Do we have any idea about a timeline for this show? Post Covenant makes the most sense to me, but they keep saying it's set in the near future... I guess 2104 is sorta the near future lmao

skhellter

Quote from: Scott Conover on Jan 20, 2022, 03:29:19 AM
Do we have any idea about a timeline for this show? Post Covenant makes the most sense to me, but they keep saying it's set in the near future... I guess 2104 is sorta the near future lmao

No sure idea, no.

But:
It's set on Earth. We know the aliens haven't been to earth prior to Alien 3 (in the actual Alien series, AVP doesn't count) otherwise they would have destroyed the whole planet.. We know that Noah Hawley doesn't want to interfere with the ending that Alien3 gave to Ripley...

Post-Alien 3 still feels like a sure bet.
I really doubt this will take place after Resurrection... that's a bit too far in the future and we know WY doesn't exist by then...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 20, 2022, 04:44:50 PMWe know the aliens haven't been to earth prior to Alien 3 otherwise they would have destroyed the whole planet.

Sorry for this tangent, but I've always found the idea of the Aliens taking over Earth incredibly silly. It's one of the main reasons I've got so little love for the original comics. They really wouldn't be a match for an even halfway competent military on that scale.

Even in Aliens, Cameron knew he had to neuter the Marines to make the Aliens a genuine threat.

Local Trouble

Kradan

Kradan

Well, on Earth, let's say, a dozen of Aliens given their fast reproductive cycle (and if we go with a theory that any Alien if necessary can turn into a Queen which I subscribe to) can pose a reasonable threat IMO

But yeah, Ripley talking about how if even one thing gets to Earth it means instant Game Over to humanity always makes my eyebrow raise just a little

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 20, 2022, 06:08:25 PM
They really wouldn't be a match for an even halfway competent military on that scale.

Even in Aliens, Cameron knew he had to neuter the Marines to make the Aliens a genuine threat.

Not really when you're dealing with asymmetric warfare. A bunch of rag tag peasants with sharp sticks gave the world's most advanced war machine a bloody nose in Vietnam. Rinse and repeat in Afghanistan with both superpowers.

And what happens if you get an infestation in a densely populated urban area, eg Hong Kong or Bangkok? Tanks and planes and nukes are not going to be much use unless you don't mind killing thousands of innocent civilians in the process. You can send in troops but they'll get picked off by untold numbers of aliens hidden and lurking in the dense urban environment.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 20, 2022, 06:36:37 PMNot really when you're dealing with asymmetric warfare. A bunch of rag tag peasants with sharp sticks gave the world's most advanced war machine a bloody nose in Vietnam. Rinse and repeat in Afghanistan with both superpowers.

Those wars were lost because the powers that be didn't have the political will/the support from the public at home to it see through.

If they were fighting for their survival, it would've been a completely different story.

People would die if Aliens got loose. You might even lose localised areas. But the idea they could somehow overrun the globe just strikes me as ridiculous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed