NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,408 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

It's been almost two months since NECA said that there was "exciting news" coming for the Predator series. That was February 9th. It is now, hold let me check my notes....March 30th...WTF.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Just about given up hope on even the Feral figure.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm curious if the novelization or script make reference to the rebreather.

Edit-- checked the script:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/scripts/predator-2-1989-12-15.pdf

QuoteHarrigan levels the pistol, squinting at the dark form before
him. Before he can fire, the Predator suddenly turns, holding
an EMERGENCY BREATHING UNIT to his face, part of his body
equipment

I'll check the novelization later.

Edit again-- "later" turned out to be "right now" lol:

Page 209:
QuoteWithout its helmet, the atmosphere of this planet would quickly become poisonous to the Predator. It had an emergency supply, but this would not last very long.

Page 210:
QuoteIt was either feeling the effects of its wounds or, deprived of its helmet, it was having difficulty breathing. Perhaps a combination of both.
[...]
He saw that it was holding some kind of small, portable respirator to its face, and was breathing in deeply

SiL

SiL

So definitely intended as a rebreather.

The fact Jungle Hunter didn't need one could be a sly comment on the quality of LA's air.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2023, 05:50:00 AMSo definitely intended as a rebreather.

The fact Jungle Hunter didn't need one could be a sly comment on the quality of LA's air.
I'd take it more as Jungle Hunter saying "I'll kick the shit out of you and I'll do it while breathing your shitty poison atmosphere, THAT's how hardcore I am"

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Finished my new diorama for Shaman Predator!     

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks good!

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Corporal Hicks, Thank you so much!

Jonesy Not Expendable

It feels like the Elder took forever to show up here (UK) but I'm happy to finally have the lost tribe completed.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Here is my attempt at a cool city hunting scene but with the Bad Blood lol.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

NECA is still making the Feral!

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Just saw their update, looks production ready instead of the normally crispier looking one up, but I kinda need it for the collection.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 03, 2023, 10:15:33 PMJust saw their update, looks production ready instead of the normally crispier looking one up, but I kinda need it for the collection.
I noticed that myself and was expecting a sooner release date because of that but I guess not haha.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Finally! Glad to see the extra photos and the accessories it will come with! 8)

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Finally! I even thought the Feral was cancelled.
Now fingers crossed for Ultimate Wolf (yeah, I know the chances are scarce, but who knows).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed