Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 01, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019! (Read 67,161 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 30, 2020, 12:45:10 PM
You alright man? I've seen you write this over and over.

Some variation on how it ought to be the "Aliens" franchise moving forward.

Disney's not looking at this forum for advice, I think we all know where you stand.

Ya, I'm not going to engage in conversation with someone who PM's me and says James Cameron is "a basic bitch/common man's good director without a hint of any unique voice or artistry", and that I should "stop sucking his and Aliens' dick."

426Buddy

426Buddy

She was probably just frustrated with your schtick. :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 30, 2020, 01:17:51 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 30, 2020, 12:45:10 PM
You alright man? I've seen you write this over and over.

Some variation on how it ought to be the "Aliens" franchise moving forward.

Disney's not looking at this forum for advice, I think we all know where you stand.

Ya, I'm not going to engage in conversation with someone who PM's me and says James Cameron is "a basic bitch/common man's good director without a hint of any unique voice or artistry", and that I should "stop sucking his and Aliens' dick."

If that's actually what she's written - that's rude and unneccesary. Also, I strongly disagree with "without a hint of any unique voice or atistry" bit

SpaceKase

Tangentially, this thread is really making me miss McMuffins. Are there no Golden Arches in this Corporate Dystopian Cassette-Retro Future...??

SiL

SiL

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 30, 2020, 11:19:38 AM
By that logic the Death Star would be the MacGuffin in ANH cause it's the source of the plans and what they solely refer to.
No, because the Death Star is the primary threat of the film and the thing which must be destroyed. It's not otherwise irrelevant to the plot like the Jockey.

I'm assuming the rest of your post also completely missed my point.

SM

SM

Pretty sure Lucas said Artoo was the Macguffin in Star Wars.

Voodoo Magic

Superbad didn't have a Macguffin, but it had one awesome McLovin.

SpaceKase

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 30, 2020, 09:14:28 PM
Superbad didn't have a Macguffin, but it had one awesome McLovin.

#truth

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jul 30, 2020, 08:59:39 PM
Pretty sure Lucas said Artoo was the Macguffin in Star Wars.
He did, but Lucas disagreed with Hitchcock that a MacGuffin should be something otherwise disposable to the plot; by Lucas' definition, Newt is a MacGuffin.

kwisatz

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2020, 08:51:26 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 30, 2020, 11:19:38 AM
By that logic the Death Star would be the MacGuffin in ANH cause it's the source of the plans and what they solely refer to.
No, because the Death Star is the primary threat of the film and the thing which must be destroyed. It's not otherwise irrelevant to the plot like the Jockey.

Lul, what's with this condescending BS response?

That your exit strategy or something? Well it worked. Congrats!

SiL

SiL

I wasn't being condescending. I was explaining why I didn't respond to the rest of your points - if your starting position was that fundamentally wrong I didn't think you'd suddenly change it up three paragraphs in.

kwisatz

kwisatz

After one sentence - the very first sentence - you write:

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2020, 08:51:26 PM

:D

Have a nice evening or day whatsover --

SiL

SiL

Yes, which I just explained.

I feel like you're using this as an excuse to nope out of the conversation because you realised you missed the point and this is easier than acknowledging it. I can't say I'm sad to see the conversation end. Stay safe.

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2020, 11:13:33 PM
Yes, which I just explained.

I feel like you're using this as an excuse to nope out of the conversation because you realised you missed the point and this is easier than acknowledging it. I can't say I'm sad to see the conversation end. Stay safe.

Welcome to AvP Galaxy :laugh:

kwisatz

kwisatz

You mean the conversation where you conveniently skip 98% of my statement?

That's your notion of a  conversation?

Edit know what -- forget it, completelycompletely forgetforget IT ileaveleave good Night AvPGalaxyyyyy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed