The Predator Home Releases

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 12, 2018, 09:03:19 AM

Author
The Predator Home Releases (Read 70,067 times)

pmaz11

pmaz11

Wish we could have had those clay models used more as the overall looks for the Upgrade, Predator dogs even (because this clay model is basically the same as the movie, but no dreads and the horns around the head are a great homage to the Predators hounds as being a separate breed) & that other predator on the right is a nice replica of the City Hunter more or less.

But still come on, ADI put in a lot of detail and creativeness with some of the material shown in that 1min video preview so far. It's still such a shame that not more was utilized from what we're seeing here! >:| At this point, I can get over the weak and diasspointing storyline that The Predator went with, but I really wished for more practical effects and new Predator designs and material...the Fugitive had a great time on screen, which is annoying why more wasn't done with him & the Upgrade should have been more of a mix with this clay model/movie version, BUT he needed practical on-screen shots to really sell the Upgrade. Oh well, still looking forward to the DVD and the extras to see more of whatever else there could have been.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: pmaz11 on Nov 30, 2018, 01:52:38 AM
Wish we could have had those clay models used more as the overall looks for the Upgrade, Predator dogs even (because this clay model is basically the same as the movie, but no dreads and the horns around the head are a great homage to the Predators hounds as being a separate breed) & that other predator on the right is a nice replica of the City Hunter more or less.

But still come on, ADI put in a lot of detail and creativeness with some of the material shown in that 1min video preview so far. It's still such a shame that not more was utilized from what we're seeing here! >:| At this point, I can get over the weak and diasspointing storyline that The Predator went with, but I really wished for more practical effects and new Predator designs and material...the Fugitive had a great time on screen, which is annoying why more wasn't done with him & the Upgrade should have been more of a mix with this clay model/movie version, BUT he needed practical on-screen shots to really sell the Upgrade. Oh well, still looking forward to the DVD and the extras to see more of whatever else there could have been.

Truly.  Especially with regards to the Upgrade, the clay models seem to paint a more palatable picture.  Some of the designs that they came up with would have been a good addition to the film.  Makes me curious as to why Fox chose to go the direction they did with the visuals.  In the podcast, it's mentioned that the studios can get scared (for lack of a better word) if the changes are too drastic.  The models in the video seem fairly tame compared to what we got in the movie, so it's interesting that they went with the more drastic looks.  Either way I'm really curious to see what's all on the disc  :) 

yaujta

yaujta

id love to see another book dedicated to the concept arts, from sketches to practical effects etc. I have the other adi books and now the making of the predator but it still could do with a lot more drawings and models etc. shown, even if they didn't make the movie. these designs are great.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I just prefer Stan's design. He is the Parent of the design and he made it what it is along with kevin hall.
He is Elvis and everything since is the vegas strip. Hence the mouth never being as nice when it is closed then in the first two movies..
Just should have had the clan at the end of p.2 go off and hunt aliens as a movie.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

Has anyone watched the extras yet??

Vermillion

Vermillion

Is there after credit stuff? 
I stopped it right after "42 tall".
Which he is totally a regular fit based on his body type.

Extras

Extras

I bought the predator asap at midnight and enjoyed it . But i just wanted to see the other version as an extra,  And that was not an option. one of the predators cut is kind of purple.
The movie is very flawed but i still enjoy it .

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Bought it through amazon digital and unfortunately that doesn't have the extras. But I'll be getting the BluRay anyway. I enjoyed the home viewing experience though.

Enjoy

Enjoy

The extras are nothing special. It leaves you wanting to see the unfinished third act.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Are the deleted scenes on the digital download?

Enjoy

Enjoy

Yes. And they are a dissapointment.
Still glad i Bought it but yep.

426Buddy

426Buddy

None on mine, got it from amazon.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Bought mine on appletv. You are missing nothing.

bobcunk

bobcunk

So the purple one is in the extras or deleted scene?

Enjoy

Enjoy

The purple is just in a behind the scenes shot. No acting involved. The deleted scenes have no predators or action. Just talking and not about anything really interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed