Cleopatra DLC + Fireteam Bots

Started by The Necronoir, Aug 31, 2021, 02:51:06 PM

Author
Cleopatra DLC + Fireteam Bots (Read 7,589 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I played as Cleo last night. She's pretty cool, and I love her smart disc design, but the discs bugged out on me twice ruining two games. Meaning, when I threw a disc, once this disc landed, the camera POV never left the disc. I could hear myself walk around, but the hud never left the smart disc. I posted a bug report on the Illfonic forum and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing it:

Regarding the bots, I have never not had a Fireteam fill up, so I couldn't experience the bots or their behavior last night unfortunately. At some point I'll have to set a private match with one other person so I can give the bots a go and see how they measure up. I've read they're pretty decent shots.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 31, 2021, 11:40:23 PM
The disk did gain new life with the specializations but you'd still be hard pressed to use it given how much better other weapons and tactics can be.

Got to disagree. I've used Smart Discs often now ever since they equipped Predators with 3 at a time. Those babies are deadly once you get good with them. :o

QuoteThe Isabelle tapes insinuate something..., odd. Essentially that the Predators know how to genetically engineer organisms and alter themselves. They can develop nanotechnology and pilot spacecraft even creating and commonly utilizing a wrist mounted nuclear device, but can't figure out how to fix a broken piece of equipment? The Hell? It's not wrong to suggest they got the basis for the technology from somewhere else but you mean to tell me that they have no idea how to repair anything?

Yeah, agreed. One dumb turd in a box full of gold nuggets.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 01, 2021, 12:10:12 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2021, 06:06:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9kj86URQo0

Well you can't hunt the AI as a Predator. They just stay at spawn, and they are really strong. Slashed at them, was downed in 2 seconds.

And here I was about to make a purchase. So the boys are just too damn strong? Maybe they'll adjust them in a patch or something.

It's situational. If Hicks is playing as a Predator and walks up to a full Fireteam huddled together not doing anything and they all have a clear shot on you, AI or Humans, once they start firing they'll turn a Predator into mince meat in two seconds flat.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I played with Cleo but it was privates which I hosted, the disk is known to have problems if you are playing public games with a bad ping, maybe thats why I didnt experienced any problems with it so far.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 01, 2021, 01:13:00 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 31, 2021, 11:40:23 PM
The disk did gain new life with the specializations but you'd still be hard pressed to use it given how much better other weapons and tactics can be.

Got to disagree. I've used Smart Discs often now ever since they equipped Predators with 3 at a time. Those babies are deadly once you get good with them. :o

Yes, the disk is considered to be the best Predator right now. Stalker + downrange will allow you to do 155 damage with it, which can one shot many ft classes, then if you can turn it around fast the double hit is an insta down to anyone then 2 more hits while the fireteam is down and he is dead, and you don't even need to expose yourself to them. Its low risk high reward. On pubs matches vs randoms you can take them all out without getting shot once due to it.

alucard624

alucard624

This looks cool to an extent.  Just wish I had a PS4 still to even play this game (it got trashed in a flood about a year ago unfortunately).  My laptop is nowhere near good enough for it so that's out of the question. 

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Is her disc combo actually different than with the regular disc? Or just a different animation?

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm still angry this game didn't release on xbox. >:(

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So as someone who doesn't like MP games, but is now intrigued with the use bots, should I try this game now?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 02, 2021, 12:08:14 PM
So as someone who doesn't like MP games, but is now intrigued with the use bots, should I try this game now?

Bots fill in if somebody drops (at least from my experience) and in Hunt mode only need two players for full match as opposed to 5. They do not move independently of the player as the rely on you for knowing where to go but can maneuver the map easy,

It's currently free from what I hear on PS+ so now is as good as time as any,

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah at this point it still requires two people to play:

One Player as the Predator
- versus-
One Player as the Fireteam (player and 3 bots with pretty good aim).

So they haven't developed a single player model yet... but it's a step in the right direction. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed