Do you think Raised by Wolves could fit in with the prequels in fanedit form?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jul 24, 2021, 06:55:51 PM

Do you think Raised by Wolves could fit in with the prequels in fanedit form?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
4 (28.6%)
Perhaps...perhaps...perhaps
9 (64.3%)
You're smoking the devil's lettuce again, do you?
0 (0%)
You are crazy
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author
Do you think Raised by Wolves could fit in with the prequels in fanedit form? (Read 2,708 times)

Immortan Jonesy

In my opinion, a fan edit with some Raised by wolves scenes would be cool. 8)

Maybe even with a Battlestar Galactica kind of twist, ups! :-X

I mean seriously, stuff like ~ the androids with milk blood, the Jockey-looking helmet device, the snakeburster, the human tech, the Engineerish neanderthals, the Neo-like creatures, science vs. religion and the whole A.I theme all over the place ~ would make it believable that they are part of the same world.  :laugh:

One might even imply that there is an alien Space Jockey after all, in the form of almighty ancient living machines, whose origins and motivations remain unknown. 🤔

So what do you think? 👀👻

[cancerblack]

Could be butchered into working.

Also should not be done.

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

I was just thinking that Raised by Wolves is to the Prequels, what Outland is to Alien: two fictional worlds that visually and thematically seem to fit together very well despite being from different studios.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Tones are similar in an avant garde kind of way. But the alien universe resides in a semi-modern society compared to our own and  Blade Runner runs in a  very modern and post apocalyptic setting (it could be the aftermath of that modern society).
Raised By Wolves kind of feels like 1000 years in the future beyond the two other films in question. RBW includes some psuedo religious ideologies. So although they may seem like they are the same universes they could be centuries apart. Even alien's engineer timeline could run a 1000 years before alien.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, the issue isn't one of design/aesthetics (that do mostly fit), it's the holy war and supernatural part that's badly out of place.

Nightmare Asylum

Gonna say no on this one - as with Alien and Blade Runner, I think there is a lot of interesting thematic and visual overlap between Alien (and especially Prometheus and Alien: Covenant) and Raised by Wolves, though nothing compatible in a literal, "canonical" sense that wouldn't overall harm both series.

Immortan Jonesy

I think they are similar, except for the supernatural part of course, as [cancerblack] has pointed out. Plus, the whole Kingdom of Heaven space crusade.  :laugh:

But in general, I was referring to the use of some scenes from the show for a fan edit (so forget canon lol), not the whole thing.

[cancerblack]

I should point out that "supernatural" was for brevity, since there's a lot of potential layers to it, but thematically it's still essentially that.

Immortan Jonesy

Although the Necromancer is like the android equivalent of Superman :laugh: the "supernatural" is an almighty entity that seems to be pulling the strings. I suppose it may be a very ancient type of artificial intelligence of non-human origin. 🤔

Also  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 26, 2021, 02:02:48 AM
I suppose it may be a very ancient type of artificial intelligence of non-human origin. 🤔

Reminder, from the season two character descriptions:

Spoiler
Jones will play "Grandmother," a god-like android, built thousands of years ago by members of the lost civilization that existed on Kepler 22b.
[close]

8)

[cancerblack]

Baron Von Marlon

Too late imo.
Would've been cool if everything was planned earlier so they could've made references to eachother.

PsyKore

I vote no, simply because I felt like RBW had its foot more in fantasy sci-fi, where as Alien feels much more grounded. I do like the similarities between them though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed