The Predator Full Trailer

Started by Gazz, Jun 26, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Author
The Predator Full Trailer (Read 58,957 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 02, 2018, 12:14:31 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 01, 2018, 03:24:25 PM
I doubt they changed that aspect. At all.

Coke Zero has to kill Coke Classic to make Coke Zero look better. Hollywood Screenwriting 101.

I guess the whole "you can't beat a classic" idea is dead and buried.

That would seem to be the general direction we're heading. And not just this franchise, unfortunately.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

More or less what they were aiming for with Alien Resurrection, and Jurassic Park 3, and so on and so forth.

'This is that thing you like, only it's biggererer and baddererer."

PredBabe

PredBabe

I guess one can dream that that aspect of the script changed even if it is highly unlikely.

Spoiler
Even though this probably isn't much of a spoiler for anyone, especially after the poster: I don't mind the concept of super predators but I'm still hoping they take a page out of Jurassic World and have one of the classics- preferably the captured- prevail at the end and kill the SOB. Or, at the very least, maybe they'll all put up a decent fight before their likely demise.
[close]

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Narratively, it wouldn't work to change that.

Spoiler
The protagonists, humans, have to save the day.
[close]

PredBabe

frenchfries

frenchfries

Yea it would be bad writing if the human characters don't beat the super predator and that is was another predator that did the work in the end. Also, I totally thought that thing on treager's shoulder was on camera

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: frenchfries on Jul 02, 2018, 05:44:18 AM
Also, I totally thought that thing on treager's shoulder was on camera

Me too. I can hear that conversation now.

"You've had 20 years to reverse engineer something useful from their technology, and all you've got to show for it...is a go-pro mount?"

andrea

andrea

OMG I was at Sky City Cinemas in Auckland New Zealand last night, and i spotted two rolled up gigantic at least two storey tall posters that will be ghoing up..I was able to take a peek at them both one was moyyled green tones and the other had ALL RED this SAME color here...I am HOPING its this poster!! Stay tuned I WILL be checking back next sunday, I WILL be taking photos...fingers crossed it is this poster..I will freak out!!!!

andrea

andrea

and I mean these posters are MASSIVE.....

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 02, 2018, 03:50:17 AM
I guess one can dream that that aspect of the script changed even if it is highly unlikely.

Spoiler
Even though this probably isn't much of a spoiler for anyone, especially after the poster: I don't mind the concept of super predators but I'm still hoping they take a page out of Jurassic World and have one of the classics- preferably the captured- prevail at the end and kill the SOB. Or, at the very least, maybe they'll all put up a decent fight before their likely demise.
[close]

That's my main gripe with Captured in the script
Spoiler
he is wrecked by upgrade pretty quickly and soooo easily, i would've loved him to put up more of a fight, but he didn't had time to do anything pretty much. What a shame. He didn't show fear and didn't back up though fortunately (i don't think we want a pred pissing his pants in fear lol) but didn't put a decent fight in the end. I hope it was changed a bit on the set, there's still hope.
[close]

funk_master_chunk

Spoiler

I think Captured getting wrecked early on serves to illustrate just how monstrous "Chad" is.

In the original draft, Captured was torn in 2 inside about 5 seconds of them meeting, IIRC.

I think this is something they'll run with as they're pushing the GM aspect in a big way now (latest trailer and poster etc.). So I think it'll go like so:

Captured shows up, wrecks everyone. Is eatablished as a mean bastard. Heroes struggle to take him down. Upgrade shows up  and wrecks him in one go without so much as batting an eyelid.

Narrative is re-structured so that the big bad was just puny in comparison to Chad.

Tension and "oh shit!" factors are ramped up.

That's in theory, at least. Whether it works in practice is yet to be seen.
[close]

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 02, 2018, 12:27:09 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
he is wrecked by upgrade pretty quickly and soooo easily, i would've loved him to put up more of a fight, but he didn't had time to do anything pretty much. What a shame. He didn't show fear and didn't back up though fortunately (i don't think we want a pred pissing his pants in fear lol) but didn't put a decent fight in the end. I hope it was changed a bit on the set, there's still hope.
[close]

Spoiler
I was hoping they'd change that part of the script too and have Captured stick around longer.  He had enough of a buildup to make it seem like he had a good chance of actually surviving.  Only to fall to the hands of the Chad, in such a quick way  :-\  Of all the Predators ever introduced, he seemed like the one to make it to the end...
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 02, 2018, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 02, 2018, 12:27:09 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I was hoping they'd change that part of the script too and have Captured stick around longer.  He had enough of a buildup to make it seem like he had a good chance of actually surviving.  Only to fall to the hands of the Chad, in such a quick way  :-\  Of all the Predators ever introduced, he seemed like the one to make it to the end...
[close]

I agree
Spoiler
he is really badass during his time of presence, and should put up just a bit more of a fight, even if he has to die brutally by the hands of his 10 feet tall buddy.
[close]

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 02, 2018, 02:20:21 AM

More or less what they were aiming for with Alien Resurrection, and Jurassic Park 3, and so on and so forth.

'This is that thing you like, only it's biggererer and baddererer."

Cue my reaction every time:

Rush Hour Rambo

Rush Hour Rambo

For god sake, somebody has to make a new Predator or Alien movie a bonafide hit. There's every chance that man is Shane Black. Calling it now, HIT!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed