Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope

Started by ace3g, Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author
Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope (Read 30,110 times)

OpenMaw

I'm simply going to repeat it.

It was their intent. They did drop that intent into the final movie with Noland's dialogue and having Black behead Classic.

Just because it sucks doesn't mean it isn't there. It just sucks.  They failed. They intended it, and it failed. No, it doesn't make sense. It's still there. They f**ked it up. But it's there. We all know there were several ways they could have done it better.


This is why I hate the entire idea of ever going "The Predator is back, but this time it's got a wang the size of the panama canal!!!" The original creature is formidable enough.



HuDaFuK

I'd say what we see in the film is more important than what the crew might have suggested off-camera, and the film never really implies they're supposed to be better or stronger. Just different.

Corporal Hicks

Exactly. And even if they were intended to be bigger, badder, better, etc, they are still 100% not the Black Super Predators who were more than just Bx3 from the early draft.

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 21, 2018, 08:04:17 AM
I'd say what we see in the film is more important than what the crew might have suggested off-camera, and the film never really implies they're supposed to be better or stronger. Just different.

The case is, that is directly implied by Noland. And as the sole human they are meeting on the planet, he is kind of speaks for the movie. Yes, it was clearly suggested those 3 were better/stronger preds, the movie just failed to represent them as such.

ELDERCLANLEADER

To be honest I agree it was sort of implied by Nolan they were bigger and stronger , I do think it was in there but was just poorly executed. However personally I always just assumed they were just a clan of bad bloods and nothing more , officially they are called Beserker, Tracker and Falconer , not the "Super Predators" we are talking about. All the merchandise that came out referred to them as their individual names I.e Berserker predator etc , however you look at it , the film was a rush job and to me a huge disappointment, I actually enjoy AVP more than predators and that's saying something. There was so many illogical moments in predators, here's an example , Royce says " we need overlapping fields of fire" and makes a plan , only for them to walk off in the other direction. It just made no sense at all.  ::)

Wysps

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 21, 2018, 03:57:01 PM
To be honest I agree it was sort of implied by Nolan they were bigger and stronger , I do think it was in there but was just poorly executed. However personally I always just assumed they were just a clan of bad bloods and nothing more , officially they are called Beserker, Tracker and Falconer , not the "Super Predators" we are talking about. All the merchandise that came out referred to them as their individual names I.e Berserker predator etc , however you look at it , the film was a rush job and to me a huge disappointment, I actually enjoy AVP more than predators and that's saying something. There was so many illogical moments in predators, here's an example , Royce says " we need overlapping fields of fire" and makes a plan , only for them to walk off in the other direction. It just made no sense at all.  ::)

When I rewatch the movie, this is what I convince myself of :laugh: It makes the movie much better in my opinion.  I just kind of forget about everything else and go with this.


OpenMaw

Bad Bloods aren't just some interchangable concept. The Bad Blood Predator was a Predator Serial killer. He went on a rampage killing whatever got in his way without any of the rules at play at all. He was still a Predator though.

The Supers are very clearly a different breed. Aside of a few pieces of similar tech, they look nothing like Jungle, City, Lost Tribe, the AVP or the AVP R Predators. Their head shapes and details are completely different. They are the wolves to the dogs.

Stealth_Hunter

Clearly a different breed or race of predator but wolves are more aggressive and better fighters compared to the average dog. The predators in Predators werent bigger or stronger than the classic.

Better comparison would be German Shepherd to Rottweilers. Different looking but both large breeds, one is more athletically built while the other is stocky and powerful. Can't say one breed would win in a fight over the other every time.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

#188
Wysps it's the only way to get round it!  ;D


Stealth hunter , that's sort of the way I seen it too .  A different sub species of predators that had gone rogue and become bad bloods.  There clearly was no honour to them , the way they held classic captive only to slaughter him in a unfair fight. It's not the way classic would of gone about it , if it was the other way round. So I would argue they were definitely bad bloods, and personally I suspect mr upgrade in "The Predator" is one too.

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 21, 2018, 05:11:03 PM
Bad Bloods aren't just some interchangable concept. The Bad Blood Predator was a Predator Serial killer. He went on a rampage killing whatever got in his way without any of the rules at play at all. He was still a Predator though.

The Supers are very clearly a different breed. Aside of a few pieces of similar tech, they look nothing like Jungle, City, Lost Tribe, the AVP or the AVP R Predators. Their head shapes and details are completely different. They are the wolves to the dogs.

^this. I can't accept the trio in predators as bad bloods, for they had their own concept (as I see, it was the random "I don't give a shit" concept. They were just plain dumb and careless)
But there was one. In bad blood the hunter is a maniac. The opening panel's radio show speech clearly suggests that it's insane but at least has some serious problem.

The trio was just a different breed with different ideology which was interpreted superior to the original, but in the end it was deeply flawed not only in concept but implementation. And to be frank, that's the movie's biggest mistake, as I see.

Corporal Hicks

Seems like they've produced a good amount of these for display at cinemas...which tracks as CineEurope is for Cinema Owners and etc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4eJ_Ohsq0/?tagged=thepredator
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4Blk5BWPI/?tagged=thepredator

skull-splitter

I'd buy one if they drop under 500.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmHw-4SACe4/?tagged=thepredator
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmHxMbSgUJF/?tagged=thepredator

Looks like the statue has made it's wait to Korea. I hope it shows up in the UK too. Wouldn't mind a new profile pic.  :P

Tetsujin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmLRG0ajtWM/?tagged=thepredator

QuoteThe most lethal hunters from the outer reaches of space have landed. While they're posing pretty (for now) at PVR ICON Infiniti Mall, Versova, come and get your #SelfieWithThePredator clicked.

#HollywoodAtPVR #PVRIcon #PVRCinemas #ThePredator


Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed