Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope

Started by ace3g, Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author
Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope (Read 49,214 times)

Wysps

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 14, 2018, 02:50:57 PM
Problem i have with the new suit is that it look to heroic. Looks like it would have fit with the rest of the Avengers crew.

It definitely takes some adjustment - but if it truly is a bad-blood hunting "space special forces" predator (like I think it could be), then the sleeker design does fit.  I'd assume that group would have higher tech, polished armor, etc. 

Lionhart

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 14, 2018, 02:57:39 PM
Problem i have with the new suit is that it look to heroic. Looks like it would have fit with the rest of the Avengers crew.

It definitely takes some adjustment - but if it truly is a bad-blood hunting "space special forces" predator (like I think it could be), then the sleeker design does fit.  I'd assume that group would have higher tech, polished armor, etc. 
I don't know man, it takes away the tribal look and that I have a hard time accepting

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 14, 2018, 03:07:58 PM

I don't know man, it takes away the tribal look and that I have a hard time accepting

I absolutely love the tribal look, but i think it makes sense that it doesn't look like that for the type of story this movie wants to tell.

Lionhart

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 14, 2018, 03:12:49 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 14, 2018, 03:07:58 PM

I absolutely love the tribal look, but i think it makes sense that it doesn't look like that for the type of story this movie wants to tell.

It might look much better on screen.

JokersWarPig

"Borgs" armor wasn't very tribal either

OpenMaw

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 14, 2018, 03:42:47 PM

I sincerely never noticed his armor being all that different until NECA did their figure of him.

Even then, the great thing about the Lost Hunters is that they're all both a modular mixture of the same parts, and individualized.

ELDERCLANLEADER

My main gripe with this suit is lack of originality, it just looks boring , there are huge pieces of armour here that are just bland. The gauntlets don't look predator to me , and the suit looks like something a generic Roman in gladiator might of worn , and not in a cool way either.

People are saying it looks modern when I cannot see it ? It looks like something a human being created , not a high tech alien race .

Honestly out of all the really cool designs in the second film , this is what they come up with ? It's embarrassing.

It's really knocked my confidence a bit I have to say! Hopefully this isn't a true representation of what's in store for us , but I doubt it .

azamultic

Elderclanleader brother we loosing you again.  ;D. But come on, its definitely going to look better in the movie.

OpenMaw

Oh, it definitely looks better in the movie, just looking at what we see of it in the trailers.

That statue has really gaudy plain coloring on it.

D88M

I doubt it will look much better on film, so far this movie looks bad and with every release looks worse.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: D88M on Jun 14, 2018, 05:36:52 PM
I doubt it will look much better on film, so far this movie looks bad and with every release looks worse.

Maybe you're worried Argentina will perform poorly at the world cup, but that's not a reason to crush our hopes for this movie ;)

Lionhart

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 14, 2018, 05:53:46 PM
Quote from: D88M on Jun 14, 2018, 05:36:52 PM

Maybe you're worried Argentina will perform poorly at the world cup, but that's not a reason to crush our hopes for this movie ;)

Haha, let's go Argentina

skull-splitter

But the way it was all dessed and weathered made it look like it belonged. It also offered sleek metallic surfaces and an interesting design.
I'm happy to give this a shot, but simply does not offer the individual look and diversity that even the short moment in P2 had. I think it'll have a context which we simply don't know but explains why it looks like it looks. Simply not jumping up and down for it over stylistic choices.

Brzrkr

The statue is very pronounced in detail. It's like a giant Hot Toy and that's the point.

I trust in Larry Fong.

huntin8-t0n

The armor itself wasn't really, but the overall design had its tribal touches. Same with Anytime.

Its in the details, but this new armour doesn't feel original, not in the sense as it's not like from previous movies, but lacks original ideas.

Yea, it can be said that it's for more serious and/or military type scenarios, and previous movies ony showed preds "having fun", but then it makes the first 2 movies lose credit.

Also, if hybridization is the main goal, so now no trophies and such... it makes the creature lose its background.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed