Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope

Started by ace3g, Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author
Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope (Read 54,865 times)

426Buddy

Wasnt it stated a few times that captured has a "standard issue" set of armor? Something mass produced for pred military?

This seems to fit that and it looks good.

skull-splitter

Hakuna your matata's friends, this is a cheaply made statue which does little else than give a far from finished impression. Not too keen on the design choices, but the final product will look greatly better.

huntin8-t0n

sure it's not the real deal, but still feels a bit off.
The masks propositions make the head look insectoid. The yellow parts are straight out from a transformer movie, also it lacks the tribal feeling. Anytime felt like aomething menacing and sg that doesn't belong in the jungle...yet with the slight touches of tribal accessories (and the acting, mostly) he made one feel like he really is a demon from earth.

This one makes me feel like it's some type of battle droid. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the movie to succeed, and I'm positive about it. But I don't feel like I could be as attached to this design as I was for the first 2 movies. Even if it's a great movie, with design like this it can be a mediocre predator film for me. But we'll see, I'll judge when I see it  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 13, 2018, 03:40:17 PM
Why can't they just stick to basics? What's so damn hard about it? Just do a predator 2 suit but modify the helmet, and change small stuff on the suit and that's it. Instead they make an extreme makeover and gives us ironman / Power Rangers. Avp gave us bodybuilders as predators with roaring sound like a damn Lion. Jesus. Let's hope it will look better in the movie.

They're made to suit the director's request. Anderson wanted some heavily set, heavily armoured Predators as he thought they'd take more to deal with the Alien. I'm sure we'll be finding out what Black asked them to do with this one.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 13, 2018, 04:04:55 PM
Wasnt it stated a few times that captured has a "standard issue" set of armor? Something mass produced for pred military?

Not that I can recall but that's actually how I'm thinking about it.

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2018, 04:56:10 PM
Why can't they just stick to basics? What's so damn hard about it? Just do a predator 2 suit but modify the helmet, and change small stuff on the suit and that's it. Instead they make an extreme makeover and gives us ironman / Power Rangers. Avp gave us bodybuilders as predators with roaring sound like a damn Lion. Jesus. Let's hope it will look better in the movie.

They're made to suit the director's request. Anderson wanted some heavily set, heavily armoured Predators as he thought they'd take more to deal with the Alien. I'm sure we'll be finding out what Black asked them to do with this one.

Well, it wouldn't hurt if they just asked the fans what they want or atleast try to cooperate with fans.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 13, 2018, 05:03:12 PM

Well, it wouldn't hurt if they just asked the fans what they want or atleast try to cooperate with fans.

Why not, but being realistic forces us to admit that we can't agree on what we really want most of the time, without mentioning of course ideas that sound ridiculous quite easily sometimes also. So i'm not sure that would be a better option.

REYALS

Hmmmmmmmm... ::)

I know this isn't the actual suit but an interpretation for display... but damn, it looks nothing like a Galaxy hunter. Where's the trophie bandoliers? The tribal look is gone. Looks nothing like a "hunter" of worlds.  :-

Lionhart

Ladies and gentlemen, we are looking at Cyrax (Mortal Kombat)

azamultic

I personally think that it all depends from the movie and Predator's action, if he will be presented well in the movie and going to kick ass with very nice action scenes, people will start growing to the new design. Problem is that everybody already feels that the first predator design was the best, which in my opinion is biased, because of the status of the movie(classic). I personally love city hunter design the most, and really got tired from the classic look, even so I like it too. Not fan of this desing on this photos, but in the tailers he looks bad ass. If the movie going to be good and Predator going to get as much cool action as he got in first two movies, I am sure people will start liking this design. Also I understand why they not going tribal, of course part of the reason is new director, but also this franchise need to go new directions, to actually grow and not become a stale water. Of course it's a lot of risk and I feel nervous too, but everything can change, even the lore of Predators. It all depends from the final prduct. BTW didn't like any desings of predators since second movie, and I think part of the reason is because predators themselfs were lame lately.  ;)

skull-splitter

Fingers crossed this is just one of infinite tribes...

Wysps

I'm feeling like we're going to be introduced to the Enforcer class in this movie, in which case I'd expect the armor to be more militaristic/advanced.  I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere, but the armor is definitely giving off that "official" vibe.

whiterabbit

It's the Predator Space Cops. Somebody in Predator culture has to uphold the law.

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2018, 07:35:48 AM
Looks quite militaristic to me - more armour. It's not a casual suit, it's not half a uniform to go hunting with, but armoured to go and deal with a f**king big problem. I like the bigger coverage of the body. I continue to dig the mix with the gold.

I've done my share of complaining about the sleek, modern look of the new armor and how I prefer the original organic tribal feel, but this is a good point. I still don't love the armor, but I can accept this theory.

Also, I previously rolled my eyes a bit at people pointing to this pred in the trailers and saying it looked female... but honestly, now that we have a clear full photo, I might have to eat my words because it really does give a feminine impression. Surely that wouldn't be on accident. I'd be totally cool with that, and am just grateful they didn't put her (if it is a her) in some sexy cleavage-baring nonsense. I know captured was referred to as "he" in the NBA spot, but the scientists might very well not know the sex, and people often use he as a generic pronoun. Or I could be speculating over nothing and the breastplate looks the way it does unintentionally!

frenchfries

Quote from: Lefty on Jun 13, 2018, 03:00:33 PM
I expected this type of look after seeing the small glimpse on the making of / art book cover. That image was very dark but the hints of a very tactical and modern suit were there. The texture of the chest armor matches up with the trailer suit.

With that said:

Everything we've seen has been slightly different from one suit to the next. The predator in the trailers doesn't seem to have this gold trim, and here on this statue I don't see the samurai inspired armor hanging around the waist like in the Empire photo. Not to mention, the photo from the APC scene, where the armor on those two is also completely different.

I don't even dislike this as much as a lot of others seem to but we don't know if this is in the film 100% as it stands here, if it's a different predator from the main one, or if it is a variation of the main design used only for promo. I'm curious to see what we get in the film, to say the least.
where did you see the art book?

azamultic

Frenchfries you can find small black and white image of the cover of the art book here on this site somewhere in the news section, it was like few months ago

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed