Started by Darkness, Nov 04, 2006, 04:23:01 PM

Which would you rather see?

Alien 5
194 (38.4%)
Predator 3
311 (61.6%)

Total Members Voted: 437

Author
Alien 5 or Predator 3? (Read 160,606 times)

Awgustas

Awgustas

Predator 3 please.

Cetanu

Cetanu

Predator 3.

alien lord

alien lord

Predator 3. Predator might have way better weapons.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Well, we'll see neither anyway. Predator reboot is coming up as is Alien prequel with the spacejockey

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on May 16, 2009, 05:23:37 AM
Well, we'll see neither anyway. Predator reboot is coming up as is Alien prequel with the spacejockey

So, there will be no ending to the alien franchise? I understand that a Predator reboot is OK, because Predator 2 didn't really need a sequel. But the alien franchise really needs0 an ending! A:R was nothing, it's ending was shallow and unprecise, what actually happened to Ripley? Did she become an alien-human hybrid (due to the fact she was a sort of a "chestburster")? Did anyone come to get her? What really happened to the derelict? We could have found out all of this if they MADE a sequel.

Too bad. :(

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: deadmeat on May 16, 2009, 07:36:06 AM
What really happened to the derelict? We could have found out all of this if they MADE a sequel.

well, the derelict was destroyed in the nuclear explosion in Aliens.

BUt yeah, I dont think A:R's ending was satisfactory, but I guess it could be taken as a happy ending: no more aliens, no nothing. I guess they moved on past Ripley when they made AVP

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not exactly. AvP and AvP:R were supposed to tie-in to the original films, it's just that Ripley hadn't existed yet in terms of continuity.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Predator 3. Everything that could have been done (Or maybe too much  :-\) has been done for the Alien films. The Predators seem to be much more unexplored.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on May 16, 2009, 07:40:58 AM
well, the derelict was destroyed in the nuclear explosion in Aliens.

Are we sure about that? We dont know what the alien hull is made out of in terms of pretection from radiation, and it could have been far enough away to not get the full brunt of the blast. The explosion was said to be about the size of Kansas (this was said as a joke, but I dont know the rules for megatonage) and the derelict could have been days away from Hadley's Hope.

SiL

SiL

Size of Nebraska.

And it couldn't have been days away, because Ross Jordan had to get back to the colony before he popped like a can of worms.

The derelict is toast. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have bothered resurrecting Ripley, and they wouldn't have been so concerned about getting the Alien in Alien3.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2009, 04:29:43 AM
Size of Nebraska.

And it couldn't have been days away, because Ross Jordan had to get back to the colony before he popped like a can of worms.

The derelict is toast. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have bothered resurrecting Ripley, and they wouldn't have been so concerned about getting the Alien in Alien3.

But then again, maybe they just couldn't find the Derelict? What if the radiation from the explosion was so great, that the message was, ummm, well you get my point. The Derelict was behind a mountain, or at least I think it was, I mean, didn't we see it in ALIEN?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It wasn't behind a mountian; more like a small rise. And either way, it wouldn't have mattered because the blast was large enough to encompass the entire colony.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 17, 2009, 03:57:06 PM
It wasn't behind a mountian; more like a small rise. And either way, it wouldn't have mattered because the blast was large enough to encompass the entire colony.

Which it did.

The Demon

The Demon

I'm hungry for Predator 3

predator55

predator55

Im just a die hard predator fan so predator 3 for sure,i love alien though its awsome..i was just reading the script for P3 sounds great...one of the characters is named Jack Carver..isnt he the guy out of the xbox game Farcry lol?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed