Started by Darkness, Nov 04, 2006, 04:23:01 PM

Which would you rather see?

Alien 5
194 (38.4%)
Predator 3
311 (61.6%)

Total Members Voted: 437

Author
Alien 5 or Predator 3? (Read 152,278 times)

Alien Warrior

Alien Warrior

Quote from: deadmeat on Apr 04, 2009, 04:10:19 PM
QuoteI think AVP-R was a really good movie...

Hmmmm.... I sense a contradiction

Where are the pitchforks and torches?

Really? does everybody hate AvP-R that much on this site? and where is my contradiction? all I can say is that I have been a loyal AVP fan for almost 16 years and throughout most of that desired nothing more then an actual avp film. That said... when the first came out I was more pissed off then anyone because it destroyed accepted facts and damaged the franchise. However, I was able to see AvP-R and believed that it provided everything that I wanted. I still think it is a good film and pitchforks are unneccessary!

SiL

SiL

AvP didn't ignore half of what AvPR did. Double standards, much?

Alien Warrior

Alien Warrior

Quote from: SiL on Apr 05, 2009, 01:19:20 AM
AvP didn't ignore half of what AvPR did. Double standards, much?

please explain what you think avp-r ignored... I am curious

SiL

SiL

Pretty much everything to do with the Aliens in the movie. Company/military don't know about them, the life-cycle is buggered, and the PredAlien is made up of pretty much nothing but ignoring whatever the previous movies may have set up.

What did AvP destroy? It sped up the Alien life-cycle. Wow.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It also created the idea that Predators hunt in cold climates, which wasn't what the first two Pred films showed. They created the idea they prefer warm climates.

SiL

SiL

Humans generally prefer warm climates, too.

Doesn't stop 'em venturing out into the Antarctic every once in a while when they need to.

philsaw101134

philsaw101134

Predator 3.
They've done quite a few Alien films, but we haven't seen quite as many Predator films.
The only way an Alien 5 would turn out with true quality, is if a great visionary director the likes of Scott, Cameron or Fincher took over.
Otherwise, bring on Pred 3.

Awgustas

Awgustas

Predator. There's already 4 movies of Alien, and only 2 of Predator... (although, the 4th alien movie was kinda crappy).

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Awgustas on Apr 05, 2009, 08:41:11 AM
Predator. There's already 4 movies of Alien, and only 2 of Predator... (although, the 4th alien movie was kinda crappy).

Heel ya, it was THE worst Alien movie ever!

You're right! Predator movies aren't that much...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think neither film will see the light of day, but I think A5 has a greater chance of being made because the Alien franchise as a whole is more popular.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Predators should be noticed too!

Not only by us...

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: Alien Warrior on Apr 03, 2009, 04:11:09 AMand where is my contradiction?

You said that you like AvP-R, but you hate it when the aliens are not shown as being the perfect organism. I hate to break it to you, but
Quote from: Alien Warrior on Apr 03, 2009, 04:11:09 AM
the perfect organism that should be able to survive anything (got) completely owned
in AvP-R.

Alien Warrior

Alien Warrior

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Apr 05, 2009, 07:09:36 PM
Quote from: Alien Warrior on Apr 03, 2009, 04:11:09 AMand where is my contradiction?

You said that you like AvP-R, but you hate it when the aliens are not shown as being the perfect organism. I hate to break it to you, but
Quote from: Alien Warrior on Apr 03, 2009, 04:11:09 AM
the perfect organism that should be able to survive anything (got) completely owned
in AvP-R.

you present a good point avpvt. however, i was more so referring to the alien franchise by itself when I made that comment. while it may be true that the aliens got "owned" in AvP-R... if by that you mean the bomb... however, they did overrun the entire town which was enough for me. also... when I say perfect organism it is specifically comparing humans to the aliens... when a predator is added in the mix... it destroys my whole argument for the perfect organism.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quotethe perfect organism that should be able to survive anything (got) completely owned

lol ;D

TONE79

TONE79

Predator 3 for sure, there so much more dynamic! they can introduce new technology and story lines other than just swallowing an egg!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed