The Big question about Alien V

Started by andrew.deacon.946, Mar 08, 2015, 12:13:47 AM

Author
The Big question about Alien V (Read 9,835 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What the hell people. What I wanna know is how the f**k that alien egg got onto the Sulaco during the movie ALIENS!... you can hear the facehuggers scurrying around in the end credits...  or are we retcon'n that too. :P  :laugh:

However you can count me in for the Return of Jonesy or perhaps his offspring. I mean those damn cats reproduce almost as fast as aliens do. Maybe the cat was the ultimate doomsday weapon all along? Lets face it, who survived the first movie? Was it the alien? No, it was the goddamn cat! :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Jones is dead. People need to get over it and move on.

Spoiler
:P
[close]

The Cruentus

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 09, 2015, 08:24:47 AM
What the hell people. What I wanna know is how the f**k that alien egg got onto the Sulaco during the movie ALIENS!... you can hear the facehuggers scurrying around in the end credits...  or are we retcon'n that too. :P  :laugh:

However you can count me in for the Return of Jonesy or perhaps his offspring. I mean those damn cats reproduce almost as fast as aliens do. Maybe the cat was the ultimate doomsday weapon all along? Lets face it, who survived the first movie? Was it the alien? No, it was the goddamn cat! :P

I watched the anthology recently and I don't remember hearing facehugger scuttling in the end credits, I was listening out for it too because I heard the rumor before.

As for Jonesy, he is long dead if the film is set 30 years later and I hope it is.

MCP

MCP

The facehugger scuttling noise is definitely there.  As for the egg, everyone knows it was the Queen who put it there. 

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: MCP on Mar 09, 2015, 01:23:58 PM
The facehugger scuttling noise is definitely there.  As for the egg, everyone knows it was the Queen who put it there.

Yup on both accounts, the Anthology even suggests (At the menu) that the egg is inside the dropship's landing gear.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Which is kind of silly, because Ripley would at least check in there.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2015, 01:41:20 PM
Which is kind of silly, because Ripley would at least check in there.

I guess that's the difference between David Fincher's A3 and Neill Blompkamp's A3 isn't it?

In one universe she checked, the other she didn't.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 09, 2015, 01:43:49 PMI guess that's the difference between David Fincher's A3 and Neill Blompkamp's A3 isn't it?

In one universe she checked, the other she didn't.

Again assuming the new film is a retcon.

I wish people would stop doing that until it's actually been confirmed as such. For one thing, Blomkamp's mentioned not wanting to undo the later films.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

So we're to assume it's an inbetweequel? (Because it doesn't include Ripley 8 but it apparently includes Ellen Ripley.)

No thank you, that would be the death of the franchise for me- for now I'd rather assume it's a retcon.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

When did I say that?

What I was getting at was it would be smart to assume nothing until we have official word on what it is.

Remember when everyone was saying Prometheus was definitely a direct prequel to Alien?

The Cruentus

I doubt that wish is going to come true Hud, these people are winding themselves up about this new film, frankly its half amusing and half-well..sad, patience is a virtue, they need to exercise it until more info is given...kind of funny what Niell's comments and a few concept arts can do to the fanbase lol

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2015, 01:50:26 PM
When did I say that?

What I was getting at was it would be smart to assume nothing until we have official word on what it is.

Remember when everyone was saying Prometheus was definitely a direct prequel to Alien?

Nope, because I wasn't around at that point and I never assumed that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It was rhetorical.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

How exactly do you propose we discuss Neill Blompkamp's Alien then?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

There's nothing wrong with discussing it. There's been tons of great discussion about it on here.

But a lot of people are acting like it's definitely a retcon and it's definitely got Michael Biehn in it and it's definitely definitely definitely, when literally none of that has been confirmed. All I'm saying is, wouldn't it be best to hold off on acting like we definitely know what it is until we actually know for sure?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed