The Big question about Alien V

Started by andrew.deacon.946, Mar 08, 2015, 12:13:47 AM

Author
The Big question about Alien V (Read 9,838 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 14, 2015, 12:20:50 AM'Species' did not suck! Wasn't treated with the seriousness it should have been, but the first is still quite decent.

"Kinda" sucked were my exact words :P

Not a terrible film, no, but it felt like it should've been a lot better, given the talent involved. I do enjoy watching it, but the at the same time it's tinged with a sense of disappointment.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

It wasn't awful. Wasn't that great, either.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 14, 2015, 07:37:53 AM
It wasn't awful. Wasn't that great, either.

I think that about sums it up. I went into that with such high hopes and was quite disappointed! Still watch it every now and again though. Never managed to finish the 2nd though.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Species looks no where as good today as it did when it first came out.... actually it may have been just another titty movie. I mean it was Natasha Henstridge's tits that got people in the theater, for the most part.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 14, 2015, 09:31:23 AM
Species looks no where as good today as it did when it first came out.... actually it may have been just another titty movie. I mean it was Natasha Henstridge's tits that got people in the theater, for the most part.

It was more the director who was responsible for that side of it. While the nudity did harm it, there was a lot of interesting stuff in there. Especially Forest Whitaker's character and how Sil's perspective on humanity was evolving. Even the seduction scenes had a nicely chilling predatory serial killer air about them.

I kind of put it in the same league as 'Event Horizon' and 'Virus' for that reason: Flawed, but entertainingly rewatchable.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 14, 2015, 07:48:42 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 14, 2015, 09:31:23 AM

It was more the director who was responsible for that side of it. While the nudity did harm it, there was a lot of interesting stuff in there. Especially Forest Whitaker's character and how Sil's perspective on humanity was evolving. Even the seduction scenes had a nicely chilling predatory serial killer air about them.

I kind of put it in the same league as 'Event Horizon' and 'Virus' for that reason: Flawed, but entertainingly rewatchable.
That's a good evaluation of the film. I decided to watch it again and what we got on film has the ambiance of rehearsal runs. Like a B-roll tape that never got that A polish. I think that is where it suffers most.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed