NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,169,859 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 27, 2020, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 27, 2020, 01:12:28 PM
Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 27, 2020, 12:55:41 PM
I'll take this look over AVP Scar any day.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Hot Toys made Scar look way better on their 2.0 version.
I'll have to check it out. I just think his unmasked head in the movie was awful. They just went too human and compassionate with him.

#Crabators #JustSayNo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2020, 09:13:20 AM
Reconstructive surgery.

Or a deformity.

In an insane world, it's the sanest choice.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 27, 2020, 02:11:23 PM
Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 27, 2020, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 27, 2020, 01:12:28 PM
Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 27, 2020, 12:55:41 PM
I'll take this look over AVP Scar any day.

Hot Toys made Scar look way better on their 2.0 version.
I'll have to check it out. I just think his unmasked head in the movie was awful. They just went too human and compassionate with him.

#Crabators #JustSayNo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2020, 09:13:20 AM
Reconstructive surgery.

Or a deformity.

In an insane world, it's the sanest choice.

https://media.giphy.com/media/j9zix8Vo2fcJ2/giphy.gif
God damn I hate Paul WS Anderson.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah I'm no fan of Paul either. Discarding the established Predator facial aaesthetics, discarding the established Predator ship aesthetics, discarding the established smart disc "frisbee" as he called it for the Shuriken, discarding the established armor aesthetic for American Football gear, excessively long gauntlet blades... ugh.

At least he was somewhat more respectful to Alien, but Predator?  Fuggedaboutit!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I actually like the Shuriken. Not more than the Smart-Disc, but it's a cool piece of kit.

I don't mind the ship designs in the film either. And given how different Predators have been shown to personalise their armour, it's not that much of a leap to think different groups might employ different design styles for their spacecraft.

The Predator physique redesign was well shitty, though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 27, 2020, 04:48:26 PM
I don't mind the ship designs in the film either. And given how different Predators have been shown to personalise their armour, it's not that much of a leap to think different groups might employ different design styles for their spacecraft.

Well one ship is biomechanical, one is not. But removing that aspect from my field of vision and looking from afar, AvP gave us a ship of cold steel design, something you would see more from Star Trek. Like everything else established that Anderson didn't like, the "ancient" was dropped from the ancient yet advanced motif. The only thing Anderson kept ancient was the pyramid because... err... it was ancient. This is why I'm so appreciative that the Strause brothers at least openly tried to reincorporate that P2 ship aesthetics back in when designing the Predator homeworld.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Scar to me would've looked better with bigger teeth and or a smaller chin. The AVP Elder to me looks fine but I have no idea how Scar got the short end of the stick.
If they ever re-release Celtic and Chopper given what they're doing here I guess we could get some better faces.

The AVP-R game used both P2 and AVP interiors with the P2 being the main area of the ship so Requiem at least had that going for it.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 27, 2020, 04:36:09 PM
Yeah I'm no fan of Paul either. Discarding the established Predator facial aaesthetics, discarding the established Predator ship aesthetics, discarding the established smart disc "frisbee" as he called it for the Shuriken, discarding the established armor aesthetic for American Football gear, excessively long gauntlet blades... ugh.

At least he was somewhat more respectful to Alien, but Predator?  Fuggedaboutit!

And most of things I love. The shurikens, the more armored look, and the ship. Not the overly large Predator size though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 27, 2020, 06:24:52 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 27, 2020, 04:36:09 PM

And most of things I love. The shurikens, the more armored look, and the ship. Not the overly large Predator size though.

Wait... you mean to tell me the Shuriken likes the Shuriken?

;D

The Old One

The Old One

The AR Alien design isn't respectful.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Picked up Ahab!  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nice!!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Thunderjack88

Thunderjack88

I do love Ahab such a cool Predator and super nice figure.
-TJ88

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Regarding the thread about the mandibles on the new Scout Predator (I love the look and am really looking forward to getting the figures).
I view each difference of the Predators from various films - Predator, Predator 2, Alien Vs Predator, Predators, and The Predator - as different characteristics from originating from different areas of their homeworld, a bit like some of the racial characteristics of Humans. Who knows maybe some of the Preds are descended from Clans that have settled on different worlds and have evolved and adapted for those worlds (which could explain how AvP Predators were bulky muscular build compared to others of their race). That is just my opinion - what do you fellow fans think?

Still excited about the new figures (my wallet is screaming in fear though)

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I like the idea of Predators coming in different shades and sizes. Whether its dread length or tusk size. Some things shouldn't change though. The Super-Predators looked way to different but it's explained that they are a sub-species of yautja. Sort of like Humans and Neanderthals.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed