NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,169,900 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Feb 24, 2020, 04:43:21 AM
I think it drives home the "each predator is unique" motif. Especially, on a character that's source is a kitbash of older designs. I like this design far more than any if the other "alternative predator" concepts, i.e any of the Predators super predator concepts, hell, its LEAGUES better than the assassin predator.

Facially...  and I believe all criticism or support has been aimed strictly towards its face, not any other aspect... facially to me Mr. Bull Dog is no way better than the Assassin Predator, let alone "LEAGUES". I'll take the Assassin's mug anyday.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Could be another subspecies of Predator if we want to get really weird with trying to fit it into the lore, or he's just from a different region of their homeworld where that kind of jaw/mandible structure is common.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Stupid question. I haven't watched Predator 2018 since I saw it in theaters. Is this new Green one just a gimmicky way to re use the mold? Or was he green ever at any point in the movie?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Predalien91 on Feb 24, 2020, 04:15:40 PM
Stupid question. I haven't watched Predator 2018 since I saw it in theaters. Is this new Green one just a gimmicky way to re use the mold? Or was he green ever at any point in the movie?

You see him "unarmored" briefly in the movie. The lighting in those scenes is pretty dark though so its hard to tell.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 23, 2020, 12:14:44 AM

I saw it and immediately thought of this. I don't think it's official art either, though somebody more knowledgeable might be able to confirm if it is or isn't. I think it was posted in the Predator forum awhile back. It was art inspired by The Predator though I don't think it was actually made for the film, it was found on Art Station.

That's what I immediately thought of to. I think the design looks better on this figure than it does in that pic though, even though they're not related as far as I know.

It's certainly a way of making him unique and not just "re-heated Jungle Hunter", which is basically what he is in the film. I'm not in love with the design or anything, but I appreciate that NECA have done something extra to make him stand out (along with the new weapon), when he could so easily just have felt like a generic repaint.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Predalien91 on Feb 24, 2020, 04:15:40 PM

A bit of yes and no.

The armored green form was released first. In the movie the armored form is part of the Assassin's gimmick in the film where he armors up and gets spiky due to his genetic augmentations as well as changes color. The new one has a paint job based on his un-armored form but the sculpt is still armored.

So it's justifiable to release given he appears as both forms in the movie, but it's not an altered model and they're just reusing what they have.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Ah yes the 'exoskeleton under skin' variant.

dHunter333

dHunter333

I think it's kind of cool, I speculated this might be a possibility a long time ago, but thought this ship had sailed.
Here are some pictures

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I think it drives home the "each predator is unique" motif. Especially, on a character that's source is a kitbash of older designs. I like this design far more than any if the other "alternative predator" concepts, i.e any of the Predators super predator concepts, hell, its LEAGUES better than the assassin predator.

I don't know this seems like a bit much. Each Predator can be unique with its colors, number of tusks and teeth, dreadlocks, etc. But certain things remain constant, like the mouth. This goes too far, it looks like the mouth is rearranged. Even as a subspecies, it should still follow the rules established. The Super Predator clan (from Predators) where a subspecies and retained the look with differences.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 27, 2020, 12:51:21 AM

I don't know this seems like a bit much. Each Predator can be unique with its colors, number of tusks and teeth, dreadlocks, etc. But certain things remain constant, like the mouth. This goes too far, it looks like the mouth is rearranged. Even as a subspecies, it should still follow the rules established. The Super Predator clan (from Predators) where a subspecies and retained the look with differences.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 27, 2020, 04:08:35 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 27, 2020, 12:51:21 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4ebdc17bed7589fef926062b02529469/tenor.gif

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Reconstructive surgery.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I'll take this look over AVP Scar any day.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 27, 2020, 12:55:41 PM

Hot Toys made Scar look way better on their 2.0 version.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 27, 2020, 01:12:28 PM
Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 27, 2020, 12:55:41 PM

Hot Toys made Scar look way better on their 2.0 version.
I'll have to check it out. I just think his unmasked head in the movie was awful. They just went too human and compassionate with him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed