Footage of Alien: Isolation's original third-person build

Started by Stringer2355, Mar 04, 2015, 10:18:45 PM

Author
Footage of Alien: Isolation's original third-person build (Read 17,808 times)

Adam802


vikingr

Wow, both videos were really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

PsyKore

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Mar 04, 2015, 10:18:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-CBjZx_1sw&feature=youtu.be&a

That's interesting but I'm glad they changed to first person. It looked like it would play a bit awkwardly in third person.

I will say, however, I like the sound design better here. No foot stomps and just a heartbeat sound effect and the hisses of the Alien. It sounded terrific.

reecebomb

Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 04, 2015, 11:09:46 PM
Quote from: Stringer2355 on Mar 04, 2015, 10:18:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-CBjZx_1sw&feature=youtu.be&a

That's interesting but I'm glad they changed to first person. It looked like it would play a bit awkwardly in third person.

I will say, however, I like the sound design better here. No foot stomps and just a heartbeat sound effect and the hisses of the Alien. It sounded terrific.

This. Also love the way alien attacks at the end.

x-M-x

Looks ok!

They should make it like GTA V... gibe you the option to switch.


NetworkATTH

I'm really interested in how similar the environments are, but a lot of cut content! I know there are references to an smg, and different ammo types in files. I hope they plan on doing more in dlc. Not 3rd person, but just so much of that material.

It was a good option to shift it into first person. Interesting looking at the Alien from 3rd person however.

szkoki

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 05, 2015, 01:11:56 AM
Looks ok!

They should make it like GTA V... gibe you the option to switch.


i can tell why they went with fps but yeah beating the game on nightmare and  unlocking this option would be a nice idea. but i dunno how would she use the motion tracker in tps

Corporal Hicks

An overlay on the HUD, I guess.

Very cool to see this footage! I was hoping we would eventually. I'm so glad they went with first person though. It made it much more visceral IMHO.

HuDaFuK

They definitely made the right call going first-person. Third-person looks cool and all, and I like the character animations, but first-person just generates so much more tension and dread.

robbritton

Just found myself shouting "Get out of there!" at my monitor when all those facehuggers appear! Even as a skewed, low res video of a tech demo, Alien Isolation just works.

NetworkATTH

It looks like they actually had the planned "multi-weapon" in the third person build. For those of you who don't know, the original idea was, ala Aliens, Amanda was to just tape and mash together weaponry and equipment into one weapon. That makes more sense, in a third person build, if we're talking mechanic wise. It's different than just carrying a bunch of weaponry, that'd be terribly generic looking. The one weapon that's left that refflects those concepts is the Nailgun.

But they decided to go and ditch that. I thought they didn't go through with it and just left it concept. Applying that to third person makes a lot more sense, but that translates, rather unwell in first person. It also looks like she was carrying the cut "SMG", maybe? There's whole load of cut material for this game.

Vrastal

I would have loved to have seen a scene with e  original pitch in the fame it looks awesome. Third person would not have worked for this game

Jman

I'm certainly glad they went with first person. To me, it is much more immersive. The surgical room full of facehuggers was cool.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 05, 2015, 12:06:08 PM
An overlay on the HUD, I guess.

Very cool to see this footage! I was hoping we would eventually. I'm so glad they went with first person though. It made it much more visceral IMHO.

Yea I'm so glad they went with 1st person over 3rd person.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed