Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,147 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Mus on Apr 27, 2010, 01:18:07 PM
The second one really shows how Cameron wanted them to be bugs. It looks like a praying mantis in the first one. And the big holes still bother me. My eyes are drawn to them and I just see it as a head with big bug eyes.
What has it to do with the nature of the creature in any way? Jurassic Park Raptors have hands positioned like that but I've heard no one saying ZOMG COCKROACH LIZARDS or something similar. ::)
Second point... I think Acheronsis plenty filled it out. ;)

Mus

Mus

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2010, 02:14:17 PM
The second one really shows how Cameron wanted them to be bugs. It looks like a praying mantis in the first one. And the big holes still bother me. My eyes are drawn to them and I just see it as a head with big bug eyes.
What has it to do with the nature of the creature in any way? Jurassic Park Raptors have hands positioned like that but I've heard no one saying ZOMG COCKROACH LIZARDS or something similar. ::)

Jurassic Park never had a Raptor queen laying eggs in a nest.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 27, 2010, 02:00:54 PM
how the hell do you see eyes in there?

I just can't help it. Those holes are shaped like they're eyesockets, and quite deep. I just see an eye. Or a container for one. Whichever works. Not necessarily a mantis eye, that was merely a tribute to myself. It's just that,

As for the whole temple thing, that just makes me suspicious it's meant to look like an eyesocket. If you look at a human skull, you can see how exaggerated the hole on the alien's head is in comparison. The first one had a more human-like equivalent, i.e. not so round and agressively carving into the skull. The eye-thing really only is an issue in those sideshots but still, I have to complain about something.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Mus on Apr 27, 2010, 04:20:36 PM
Still, they have hands like the Aliens Warriors, but I don't see any one complaining about Mantis Raptors.

Mus

Mus

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2010, 04:24:10 PM

There it is right there. They don't have a queen with a bug-like ovipositor, they don't crawl around the walls. Cameron took them to a much more bug-like direction, I'm just commenting on a picture that in my opinion really illustrates it, like, literally.

Valaquen

Valaquen

The Alien in Alien crawled around and hid in the walls. Cameron's Aliens acted pretty much the same, except they acted with more purpose, whereas the Alien Xeno didn't. It only seemed to go after Parker and Lambert, Dallas and Brett just ran into it (accidentally and purposely).  I don't see them as being compared to bugs as an all out bad thing. People hate bugs, they're the most alien (lowercase 'a') looking things, with multiple legs and eyes and cannibalistic mating habits.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Mus on Apr 27, 2010, 04:47:23 PM
There it is right there. They don't have a queen with a bug-like ovipositor, they don't crawl around the walls. Cameron took them to a much more bug-like direction, I'm just commenting on a picture that in my opinion really illustrates it, like, literally.
And? We are talking about appearences here. Aliens and JP Raptors have the hands positioned in the exact same way, but I don't see anyone talking about Mantis Raptors.
And, mainly, the most "eyeless" thing in the Franchise is the first Alien. Hell, it has a freakin' skull in there!
Plus, in the film you see the hands like that only one time, and for a second, before the alien gets blown up.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

I just can't help it. Those holes are shaped like they're eyesockets, and quite deep. I just see an eye. Or a container for one. Whichever works. Not necessarily a mantis eye, that was merely a tribute to myself. It's just that,

http://i42.tinypic.com/166fakg.png

As for the whole temple thing, that just makes me suspicious it's meant to look like an eyesocket. If you look at a human skull, you can see how exaggerated the hole on the alien's head is in comparison. The first one had a more human-like equivalent, i.e. not so round and agressively carving into the skull. The eye-thing really only is an issue in those sideshots but still, I have to complain about something.

the sockets were always there, look:

do you see it now? its the same as gigers but with the sockets covered. i cant find the pic in the gallery right now but i think its clear that those are the temples..

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 27, 2010, 05:18:36 PM

the sockets were always there, look:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/alien/behind/normal_behind62.jpg

do you see it now? its the same as gigers but with the sockets covered. i cant find the pic in the gallery right now but i think its clear that those are the temples..

Never seen that picture before, it's creepy and awesome!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Yes, these were all created for us at The Hive by Figuremaster Les.

So, huge thanks to Les for these.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2010, 12:43:20 PM
For sure. I think someone at "The Hive Forum" did them. I saved them onto my Pc.
There:
Alien

Aliens

Alien3

Alien: Resurrection

Alien Vs. Predator

Great Work and chapeau to whoever has done it. ;)

Mus

Mus

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2010, 05:16:59 PM
Quote from: Mus on Apr 27, 2010, 04:47:23 PM
And? We are talking about appearences here. Aliens and JP Raptors have the hands positioned in the exact same way, but I don't see anyone talking about Mantis Raptors.
And, mainly, the most "eyeless" thing in the Franchise is the first Alien. Hell, it has a freakin' skull in there!
Plus, in the film you see the hands like that only one time, and for a second, before the alien gets blown up.

I'm talking about the whole direction. That picture I merely used as a visual symbol for my whole point. The way it's displayed in that mantis-like fashion, it just strikes me as Cameron's saying "I'm making them bugs." Which I think he actually said, or something similar at least. And I don't appreciate that move.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 27, 2010, 05:18:36 PM

I acknowledged that in a previous reply.

Quote from: meThe first one had a more human-like equivalent, i.e. not so round and agressively carving into the skull.

Look at the part facing the face. It bends outwards on the Aliens Aliens, following the rest of the curving, whereas the original head had that little thingy-majingy sticking into the center of the temple. Plus, to me at least, it looks like the edges are sharper in Aliens. But it's really not that much of an issue, like in that picture from Aliens above this reply. From that angle it doesn't have the same effect, and that's the angle they're mostly seen from anyway. So it's really just the sideprofile that has the strange impact on me.

Valaquen

Valaquen

They spend the movie in the dark anyway. Not like later Aliens.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2010, 04:24:10 PM
Still, they have hands like the Aliens Warriors, but I don't see any one complaining about Mantis Raptors.

Because their hands really looked like that. Might want to look at a Velociraptor skeleton more closely.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

O ya? They had the wrists positioned differently.
With my statements I meant how the hands are positioned. ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What do you mean positioned?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed