Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,429 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fair enough, but I still think it's bloody hideous. I still prefer Chet over that thing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 24, 2010, 02:12:32 AM
Fair enough, but I still think it's bloody hideous.
And that's the point.

Shasvre

Shasvre

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

^does not want.

chet was pretty good design overall(in the paper), it had quite a few biomechanical details and was mostly fine. but the suit they sculpted was shit. it suffers from the same problems of the other aliens, AND the predators. oversized mandibles, fleshy crap, dreadlocks are too long and awkwardly placed, hands are huge and incredibly useless, and the coloring was everything that could go wrong.

here is an example of the predalien looking shitty:

and here is a few of it looking rright:

notice how good it looks without adding pecs:

now it looks f**king gay:

and the head is semi-normal here:

but oh-god-what-the-motherf**k happens here:

in conclusion, the design was good at the begining but they LITERALLY took a shit on it.

even the alternative concept looks less clumsy and it is kind of cool. not better than the newborn tho:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 24, 2010, 03:28:52 AM

Fantastic!! :o

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 24, 2010, 04:38:08 AM
notice how good it looks without adding pecs:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/behind/normal_stevewan04.jpg
Now that I see it, you are f**king right! It's really better without those muscle things. Is it me or it looks like the runner from Alien3?

even the alternative concept looks less clumsy and it is kind of cool. not better than the newborn tho:

I loved the head of the first concept. Too bad that the body was too muscle-y.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 24, 2010, 03:28:52 AM

Its colour I like but I think a 7 year old child could best that Alien in a fight. and its tail is way to fin.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It looks like a dolphin.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

no kidding

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 24, 2010, 05:47:20 PM

It looks like a dolphin.

It looks f**king hideous. Granted the final design wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't that thing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Found on the internetz. Wonderful, wish I could go to ADI's studios. Anyone knows if it is up to tours?

locusta

locusta

You really like the A:R design, do You ;) :D

I guess they make tour at their studio. Not long back,  1 or two month ago I heard from one. But I guess You just could drop them (ADI) a message and I´m sure they give You an answer.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: locusta on Apr 24, 2010, 08:38:26 PM
You really like the A:R design, do You ;) :D
I really like all of the designs in their own ways. They're all amazing, except maybe for AvPR Drones... :) Bad teeth are bad.

Quote from: locusta on Apr 24, 2010, 08:38:26 PM
I guess they make tour at their studio. Not long back,  1 or two month ago I heard from one. But I guess You just could drop them (ADI) a message and I´m sure they give You an answer.
I'll take informations on that. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 24, 2010, 07:33:36 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/fnqzcg.jpg
Found on the internetz. Wonderful, wish I could go to ADI's studios. Anyone knows if it is up to tours?

*sigh* when ADI had their shit together...

Valaquen

Mus

Mus

That might be the only shot where it looks alright. From that angle, with that color, without excessive slime, without being associated or compared to the original, it's not too bad. Otherwise it just looks like a deformed blob. The legs are particularly bad. Though, I suppose that's how it was meant to be, some type of an ugly mutant. Like every single thing in that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed