Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,621,141 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Jun 01, 2009, 08:04:07 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Jun 01, 2009, 04:38:43 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 31, 2009, 03:44:51 PM
I will say this for the Warriors. They top Giger's original design IMO when it comes to taking a picture. They look much more menacing.

If you like monsters made out of week old mashed potatoes...

like the Alien in the first movie whose chest got ripped by the spear gun? By which logic then aliens would NOT get ripped apart by automatic smart guns with bullets bigger than two fingers put together?

I always find it funny how some are trying to say aliens were weak in the second movie cause they got blasted by weapons. Alien in the first one got heavily wounded by a small spear gun. Theyre not supermen, theyre animals, tough, but animals/creatures. They get hurt. In the second movie, the monsters faced armed professionals this time around with HEAVY marine weaponry. Aliens in the second movie were even stronger becaue they were older, they moved faster and with more grace, and were as deadly as the monster from the first movie. They presented no fear at ll by charging at their heavily armed prays, realizing that its the constant attack and large numbers that can overcome them

As for the design, theyre identical to giger's (almost). They just dont have the dome covering what Giger did under it

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/al1.png

I feel embarassed just noticing that....erm...maybe the speargun was like a lot, more, like, um, powerful, and, uh, had, sorta like, maybe more force or something? (joking)

That Dog Alien pic gave me some respect for ADI (me being a big fan of the Giger) Wish they continued the concept through the other movies though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That Dog Alien in the pic has a similar head to the Warriors in AvP:R...the neck isn't a stubby thing, but the elongated part of the head has the same ridged design.

Dusk

Dusk

The no skull makes it more creepy.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 01, 2009, 08:48:41 PM
That Dog Alien in the pic has a similar head to the Warriors in AvP:R...the neck isn't a stubby thing, but the elongated part of the head has the same ridged design.

I just liked the fact it had a trans- dome.

SiL

SiL

Alien in the first one got heavily wounded by a small spear gun.
"Heavily wounded"? What are you on? The spear barely dug in past the tip. The thing was fine until it got hit with the jets.

QuoteAliens in the second movie were even stronger becaue they were older,
Older = stronger? Where's this ever shown?

Quoteand with more grace,
The Alien showed more grace descending behind Brett or advancing on Lambert than any Alien did in the sequel.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2009, 09:44:17 PM
Alien in the first one got heavily wounded by a small spear gun.
"Heavily wounded"? What are you on? The spear barely dug in past the tip. The thing was fine until it got hit with the jets.

there were pieces of alien chest spreading all over when it got hit by the spear and it screamed in pain. It penetrated his body so deep that it got stuck in his chest

QuoteAliens in the second movie were even stronger becaue they were older,
Older = stronger? Where's this ever shown?

There isnt a direct onscreen evidence of that. Aliens in Aliens could get through steel doors and barricades, and that a proof of enormous strenght. Then again to be fair, there wasn;t a situation for alien in the first movie to showcase his strenght. Still, he was just a baby that was alive for less than 24 hours as oppose to fully adult aliens in Aliens.

Quoteand with more grace,
The Alien showed more grace descending behind Brett or advancing on Lambert than any Alien did in the sequel.

Well, that's ones take on it. While it was certainly a graceful movie, all he did was descending down. Aliens in the sequel never moved or stood the way human beings did, and move around on the walls, ceiling and with animalistic grace

Thats NOT to take away anything from alien of the first movie. I love Alien just as much as I love Aliens. Im not trying to take anything away from the 79 masterpiece. Im just pointing out that the creature of the first movie wasnt some HULK-like super indestructible creature immune to grenades and heavy weapons like some claim it to be

SiL

SiL

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Jun 01, 2009, 10:32:41 PM
there were pieces of alien chest spreading all over when it got hit by the spear and it screamed in pain. It penetrated his body so deep that it got stuck in his chest
Watching the scene, it's not very deep at all. There was blood spray, yes, and it screamed, yes, but that doesn't mean it was "heavily wounded".

QuoteThere isnt a direct onscreen evidence of that.
So why say it?

QuoteWell, that's ones take on it. While it was certainly a graceful movie, all he did was descending down. Aliens in the sequel never moved or stood the way human beings did, and move around on the walls, ceiling and with animalistic grace
There wasn't even much "animalistic grace". They were fast and leaped around a lot for the most part - Efficient, yes, graceful, not so much.

QuoteIm just pointing out that the creature of the first movie wasnt some HULK-like super indestructible creature immune to grenades and heavy weapons like some claim it to be
Perfectly agreed on that point. It was never meant to be indestructible - That's why it has acid blood.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2009, 11:27:53 PM
Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Jun 01, 2009, 10:32:41 PM
Watching the scene, it's not very deep at all. There was blood spray, yes, and it screamed, yes, but that doesn't mean it was "heavily wounded".

I guess it depends on each person's definition of heavily wounded. It screamed in pain, it got stuck in his chest and blood and chunks sprayed around.

But again, that wasnt the point. The point was it wasnt an indestructible tank immune to weapons. never. Aliens dying from futuristic high power artillery is a chep and unfair argument against 'Aliens'

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

To get back on the cool tpoic at hand, here's a cool shot of the alien picking up Parker

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Hrm...where is that shot from? Parker's body was left there wasn't it? Deleted scene perhaps? Very cool find though.

SiL

SiL

It's the Alien grabbing Parker to lift him up before head-biting him.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I'm pretty sure you guys have seen these one form or another, but here are some junkyard metal alien art. Some of them are pretty interesting, like the Praetorian (sp???) and Newborn. Too much to post, so I'll just send the link. They also have Predator, Star Wars, and Terminator ones aswell.

http://www.yumimodal.com/alien-statues.htm

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: SiL on Jun 02, 2009, 12:57:53 AM
It's the Alien grabbing Parker to lift him up before head-biting him.

Thank you for estabilishing how much of an idiot I am  :D

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Actually this particular shot wasnt in the theatrical movie. I took that screenshot from the featurettes. The full shot showed Parker cabled in hitting the wall and alien getting to him

SM

SM

QuoteThat Dog Alien in the pic has a similar head to the Warriors in AvP:R...

Quite.  Odd how people seem to drool over it just cos it's Alien3, when the ADI heads have been more or less the same since 1991.  Fortunately they covered it up until the crap they churned out in AvP:Poo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed