Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,310,185 times)

Master

Master

#5490
Me too :(

Basher917

Basher917

#5491
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 10, 2012, 08:53:13 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 10, 2012, 05:53:33 PM
Shit! :o

Is that the original promotional model made for Alien3? Or a mould of it, at least?

It's a full 1:1 scale fiberglass dog alien display originally made for a Planet Hollywood Restaurant.  When that particular restaurant closed down the display alien ended up back on the wall over at ADI where i believe those pictures are taken.


Quote from: TrixieVanSickle on Jun 10, 2012, 07:59:22 PM
I want that in my home!!!   :o :o :o

Me to.



TrixieVanSickle


samoht

samoht

#5493
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 10, 2012, 08:53:13 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 10, 2012, 05:53:33 PM
Shit! :o

Is that the original promotional model made for Alien3? Or a mould of it, at least?

It's a full 1:1 scale fiberglass dog alien display originally made for a Planet Hollywood Restaurant.  When that particular restaurant closed down the display alien ended up back on the wall over at ADI where i believe those pictures are taken.


Quote from: TrixieVanSickle on Jun 10, 2012, 07:59:22 PM
I want that in my home!!!   :o :o :o

Me to.

Dat biomechanical detail...

*fap fap fap fap

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

#5494
Quote from: samoht on Jun 12, 2012, 01:57:22 AM

Dat biomechanical detail...

*fap fap fap fap

Try the previouis page more detail.

Vitriol

Vitriol

#5495
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 10, 2012, 05:51:17 PM
Originally posted by SonOfPumpkinhead on another forum.






If only they could've made it look that good when it comes up to Ripley in the infirmary scene...

SM

SM

#5496
Looks pretty much the same.

Vitriol

Vitriol

#5497
Nah...it looked well dodgy in that bit - to me at least. As always, the puppet was fine but the composition was totally off.

SM

SM

#5498
Yeah the puppet mostly looked a bit 'off'.  But that looks like a full size model on the wall.

All I know is, someone else can change the clock for daylight savings.

Omegamorph

Omegamorph

#5499
Quote from: Vitriol on Jun 12, 2012, 04:12:42 AM
If only they could've made it look that good when it comes up to Ripley in the infirmary scene...
Now that you make me think about it, I wonder why they used the puppet in that specific shot. It was not a full body shot, they could have used the suit.

Valaquen

Valaquen

#5500
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 12, 2012, 08:15:15 AM
Quote from: Vitriol on Jun 12, 2012, 04:12:42 AM
If only they could've made it look that good when it comes up to Ripley in the infirmary scene...
Now that you make me think about it, I wonder why they used the puppet in that specific shot. It was not a full body shot, they could have used the suit.
They wanted to show of the shape of the body when it approaches her.

Omegamorph

Omegamorph

#5501
Interesting. From the angle they used, though, the suit would've worked fine (if not better).

Sssspeaking of Alien3, look at what I've got for you sweethearts:




DoomRulz

DoomRulz

#5502
ADI, where did you guys go wrong? You created a quite memorable Alien in A3 and then somehow f**ked it all up with the following movies...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

#5503
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2012, 12:59:01 PM
ADI, where did you guys go wrong? You created a quite memorable Alien in A3 and then somehow f**ked it all up with the following movies...

Funny thats what I ws just about to post. They did such a terrific job with Runner (sans the ridiculous neck), such great design. Kept the sexual shape of the head, and the texture and designs on it are very nice, and anything theyve done after is plain terrible and an insult to the alien

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

#5504
To quote a wise man, "[ADI] ya dun goof'd!"

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed