Weakest Predator?

Started by Cougerboy, Dec 13, 2022, 12:29:32 AM

Author
Weakest Predator? (Read 2,823 times)

littlesprout

littlesprout

Quote from: SiL on Dec 15, 2022, 05:42:43 AMScar killed one Alien in close combat, shot the rest.

I'd say Wolf is the weakest Predator by virtue of never seeing him do anything impressive and only surviving as long as he does by the incompetence of his prey.

But to even get to that point they have already hunted humans. And survived. Unlike Feral. And it was probably against modern day human weaponry.

And feral gets killed from a Native American girl who doesn't even know how to hunt in the first hour of the film. And kills one bear in hand to hand? I don't see how a bear compares to the ultimate hunt - the alien. Which it seems the young predators train their whole lives and hunts for.

Scar stood his ground against multiple aliens and a queen and same for wolf with multiple hand to hand combat scenes as well as the predalien.

Also scar was put in an environment which was made to neutralize the playing field to truly test the predators skills, a shifting pyramid, filled with aliens. They had to play with all their tactics and training.

I hate AVPR but given the amount of alien kills and presumably age of Wolf he has done this for years and to me that outweighs a predator getting killed by primitive humans.

Feral undoubtedly had the advantage throughout and still couldn't close.

We may not have had as glorious scenes as there were in prey but given the degree of difficulty they were up against i think Feral had the easier route.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: littlesprout on Dec 15, 2022, 01:22:24 PMBut to even get to that point they have already hunted humans. And survived. Unlike Feral. And it was probably against modern day human weaponry.

We are using only what we see in the movies, no headcanons or theories here please, only stuff we see on screen.

Quote from: littlesprout on Dec 15, 2022, 01:22:24 PMAnd feral gets killed from a Native American girl who doesn't even know how to hunt in the first hour of the film. And kills one bear in hand to hand? I don't see how a bear compares to the ultimate hunt - the alien. Which it seems the young predators train their whole lives and hunts for.
Feral gets killed by a girl that LEARNS to be a better hunter throught the movie, a girl that OUTSMARTED him by making him use his own tech against him.
 The bear was more competent that any Alien shown in the 2 AvP movies, I say this as a huge Alien fan, the Aliens from AVP are nerfed to the ground and killing them is not a high feat.

Quote from: littlesprout on Dec 15, 2022, 01:22:24 PMScar stood his ground against multiple aliens and a queen and same for wolf with multiple hand to hand combat scenes as well as the predalien.
No, Scar spammed a long ranged one shot weapon at multiple weak targets who then ran away, when faced with more than one Xeno at once he either got facehugged or was stabbed in the armpit and had to run. He didn't face the Queen by herself, she was already injured and he ultimately lost the fight, serving as a mere distraction.
 Wolf faced by far the most stupid xenomorphs in both AVP and the Alien franchise, who stood still and waited to die in multiple scenes, Wolf is a f**king dumbass too, his incompetency led to the infestation spreading to critical levels, remember, Wolf is was sent there to be a Janitor of sorts, to clean up other Pred's messes, what does he do? Go with barely any armor, barely any antiXeno weapons, and, worst of all, wastes time hunting normal humans MULTIPLE times while Xenomorphs are breeding nonstop. He is a major idiot.

Quote from: littlesprout on Dec 15, 2022, 01:22:24 PMAlso scar was put in an environment which was made to neutralize the playing field to truly test the predators skills, a shifting pyramid, filled with aliens. They had to play with all their tactics and training.

And? Feral had never been to Earth and never faced a human before, and essentially no armor.

Quote from: littlesprout on Dec 15, 2022, 01:22:24 PMI hate AVPR but given the amount of alien kills and presumably age of Wolf he has done this for years and to me that outweighs a predator getting killed by primitive humans.

Right, the number of Aliens that stood still and let themselves be killed you mean? I think the way you are downplaying Feral's hunt and Naru is really weird btw.

Quote from: littlesprout on Dec 15, 2022, 01:22:24 PMFeral undoubtedly had the advantage throughout and still couldn't close.

We may not have had as glorious scenes as there were in prey but given the degree of difficulty they were up against i think Feral had the easier route.

EVERY Predator has the advantage in EVERY movie, the whole point is that the humans are the underdogs that have to outsmart the Predators. Wolf and Scar spent 2 entire movies killing nerfed brainless Aliens then died due to their own incompetency, Wolf treated the Predalien as a honorable opponent for god's sake.

TLDR -
 Wolf is an idiot that only got so far cuz every Xeno in the movie was brainless
 Scar spammed the Plasma caster and ran away the moment he got caught up close with more than one Xeno at once, the Aliens in his movie were also extremely nerfed
 Feral went to a place he never went before with no preparation, got a lot of kills against competent enemies and in the end lost because he got outsmarted by a character that you are trying really hard to downplay.

littlesprout

littlesprout

The way you are flipping out is really weird. I just don't think Feral is strong and you are getting mad that I think his fight with Naru isn't even close to the other hunts some of the other predators had. It's not weird at all she didn't know how to hunt or do anything and then becomes strong enough to rip off his mandible and pull out all these karate moves?

Also there are no head theories here I'm talking about how chopper clearly has human skulls that he wears on his shoulder and every other predator seems to have these skulls in their collection so it can only be assumed they've already killed people.

I feel slightly misunderstood here too, and no one has to agree with me because it's clear a lot of you don't. Was Prey a great movie with what we saw out of the predator, sure I agree. I agree some of the other predators and films suck and I would put them below the movie prey. But for me, in terms of degree of difficulty of the hunt and the prey that's being hunted and what we know about the alien being the main prey as stated in AVP and how they had to battle a queen and predalien, I have to give the edge to them regardless of how it looked or was portrayed on film. Those are much more difficult prey than what feral was up against

And you're calling fur trappers and a primitive tribe competent enemies compared to what the other predators faced? Interesting.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Yeah that first paragraph really confirms everyone's suspicions

Samhain13

Samhain13

Weakest in what way ? Like if we put them to do a physical performance of strength which would be at the bottom?

From movies... Tracker and Falconer looked the smallest, I could assume they would be weaker than the other Predators, Wolf was skinniest but then his advantage was suppose to be about his gear.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 16, 2022, 01:55:01 AMWeakest in what way ? Like if we put them to do a physical performance of strength which would be at the bottom?
Overall performance in feats, skill, and ability.

As for the question itself....it's difficult. I would agree with Spin about how Wolf and the xenos were written in the film that it didn't really play true to their natures as it should have been so by default, Wolf would be at the bottom.

To be honest, they are all pretty strong, I think it's the matter of who is the least strongest, as most of the Predators show a great display of ability. I would only throw that to Chopper and Celtic due to thier impatient nature that got them killed. Compared to their other Young Blood counterparts, CH and Feral, who display tact, cunning, and a degree of patience that carried them through the end of the film.

S.E.B.

S.E.B.

THE WEAKEST...
Based on what we see in the movies, the physically weakest Predator has to be FALCONER. That Predator didn't show us anything that implied any type of impressive physical strength, exceptional endurance etc. and on top of that Falconer went down after being cut ONCE by a human with a human-made sword.

Sure, Wolf had it really easy as he faced the dumbest, squishiest, most sluggish and passive blob-like Xenomorphs ever shown on screen, and the humans were dumbass meatbags as well, posing no threat at all. Even so, Wolf showed some feats of strength, lifting xenos by the neck, fighting a Predalien etc. So although Wolf is probably the dumbest, most inefficient, clumsiest and most incompetent Predator, facing the the lamest opponents imaginable, I'd still have to admit that Wolf doesn't qualify as one of the weakest ones we've seen so far.

I also find it unfair to list Chopper and Tracker as they didn't really get to do anything before they were killed. When it comes to Fugitive it's tempting to label that one as weak due to the way Upgrade manhandled the poor thing, but before that we saw Fugitive ragdoll a bunch of humans in that lab. I'm not going to count Original (from Predators) as that poor sod was a wretched and tattered prisoner of war, tortured and whatnot, just waiting to die (yet still put up a fight).

THE STRONGEST...
I'm deliberately not going to count Upgrade as Upgrade was a cheating steroid nightmare packed with bionic/biotech enhancements.

From a raw display of power kind-of-view I'd say that CELTIC qualifies as the Predator with the most brute strength. That fight with Grid was epic and Celtic made the whole place rumble, shake and shatter when he literally WWF brawled with a super aggressive and exceptionally cunning Xenomorph. However, Celtic still went down kind of easy compared to Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Feral and Berserker, as all of them got severely mutilated, shot, pummeled before they finally checked out. Even Celtic's heartthrob hunting buddy Scar took more of a beating before finally dying.

So figuring out who's the strongest is a hard one. Yes, Celtic is probably the strongest when it comes to explosive raw strength, but would Celtic be able to keep up if the fight gets drawn out? City Hunter was a complete psycho and basically vaded through death, throwing people around, got an arm cut off and got cut open with a smart-disk. Jungle Hunter was more stealthy and careful, but that bastard got shot plenty of times with heavy caliber weapons, ragdolled Arnie and didn't die right away after getting a giant log dropped on one's head. Feral wrestled, killed and power-lifted a freaking grizzly bear with ease, and just like Jungle and City Hunter, and Berserker, Feral kept going even after being shot and mutilated. Berserker ranks lower because there was no real display of raw power. Sure, he took down Original, but Original was in a severely weakened state.

With all of that in mind I'd say there's a tie between Jungle Hunter and Celtic when it comes to who's the strongest Predator. Weakest is Falconer by far.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 14, 2022, 01:44:08 PMStrictly speaking of the films, Falconer. 

Yep.  If we're going by easiest to beat, Falconer is who I'm going with.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Here is my list:
https://www.avpcentral.com/incompetent-predators

Shesh-Kuk won the list.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed