Best non-Predator pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 11, 2016, 11:05:18 AM

Author
Best non-Predator pictures (Read 90,419 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 26, 2021, 10:28:05 AM
Wow, that looks great! Didn't know you could draw so well!

Thanks SC!  Very much appreciated! :)

I think I'm going to continue this theme of doing Predator & Alien character portraits after the events of the movie they were in.

Still Collating...

That's a cool theme, I'd be up for seeing that!

TheSailingRabbit

Should we start a petition for Voodoo to illustrate a Predator comic? Especially since his P2 anniversary one was so good?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jun 27, 2021, 06:51:30 PM
Should we start a petition for Voodoo to illustrate a Predator comic? Especially since his P2 anniversary one was so good?

Aw, you're too sweet Rabbit. Thanks! I wasn't certain how that comic would go over with people with its untraditional art style, lack of word bubbles, and risky direction for one of its main characters, so I am always happy to hear when someone enjoyed it! :)

BlueMarsalis79

Being untraditional makes you stand out.

Dead Orbit's my favourite Alien Dark Horse entry, and features not much dialogue in comparison to most others, it's all in the panel layouts.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That's a good perspective to keep in mind. Thanks!  :)

BlueMarsalis79

I hope you will.

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah me too.  :)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Love this view of Old Painless doing her thing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 01, 2021, 10:15:33 PM
Love this view of Old Painless doing her thing.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YwEhjWyExvcdzD4EhZ/giphy.gif

Love it!

I wish I found it more useful in "Predator: Hunting Grounds" to use! Such a fun weapon.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 01, 2021, 10:15:33 PMLove this view of Old Painless doing her thing.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YwEhjWyExvcdzD4EhZ/giphy.gif

My favourite Painless moment is when Blain boots down that door out the back of the camp somewhere and runs into a couple of rebels. They rat-a-tat at him with the AKs then he just opens up and annihilates everything in front of him :laugh: Completely ludicrous 80s overkill dumbness, and it's excellent.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

SiL

SiL

Mac cutting loose with it does it for me. The score dropping out and giving way to the roar of the gun always gives me chills.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That minigun is the main reason I never got people criticising The Predator for having comedy in it. It's like they all missed how hysterically ridiculous it is to have a bloke blasting things from the hip with a rotary cannon.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 03, 2021, 08:39:55 AM
That minigun is the main reason I never got people criticising The Predator for having comedy in it. It's like they all missed how hysterically ridiculous it is to have a bloke blasting things from the hip with a rotary cannon.

Too me, that doesn't equate. As ridiculous as it is, the minigun is played straight. Don't think comedy, think comic booky, with a cool name fired by a cool character.

It's part of the formula that works best for Predator in my opinion, include larger than life comic book characters. I wouldn't put the characters of Alien in a Predator movie, nor would I put the characters of Predator in an Alien movie. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed