Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 52,498 times)

skull-splitter

The logic of the team making it being that they just wanted to break with tradition for the sake of being new...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

DerelictShip

Funny how there are some really cool concepts but at the end of the day they went with the more "generic' look and better yet stuck him in US military gear.

Corporal Hicks

I will point out that ADI were not responsible for how they were dressed. That was handled by the costuming department.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 01:35:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N58PkPAQzA

Great video. I'm glad ADI shared this. It's great to see all the conceptual artwork.

Speaking independently in regards to "The Predator" project specifically, while their artists have an overabundance of talent, I overall see their conceptual ideas as disappointing, and I'm glad they were not seen to fruition.  While some I find interesting, most gives off a very AVP vibe in their designs, where their Predators simply are no longer looking like Predators.  Some almost feel more fitting for the "Avatar" franchise. No wonder in the recent AVPG podcast, Alec revealed he was told to dial it back some.

And I hope I'm not coming across as harsh, but that one Emissary with the ridge on his head, looks like high quality cosplay versus the cinematic quality we've come to enjoy in Predator, Predator 2 and Predators, under the same badly lit conditions / behind-the-scenes captured footage. (The other Emissary Predator on the tank however, does look better).

With that said, I'm definitely very happy with ADI's work with the look of the Fugitive Predator, as well as their contributions into the CG Assasin Upgrade.

Johnny Handsome

Personally, i love the designs of the two cut Predators. I like the variation of them, gives me a very Predator 2 vibe. I just wish we could see them in full Predator glory without the military stuff, at night, in cool lighting.

Well, they have the molds and can save money on future movies.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 06, 2018, 03:25:14 PM
Personally, i love the designs of the two cut Predators. I like the variation of them, gives me a very Predator 2 vibe. I just wish we could see them in full Predator glory without the military stuff, at night, in cool lighting.

I love variation too, but with Stan's designs you didn't need cool lighting to make them look good. But if you take the AVP heads for instance, the more lit, the worse they looked (imo).

DerelictShip

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 02:20:41 PM
I will point out that ADI were not responsible for how they were dressed. That was handled by the costuming department.

It is a shame, though. Would have been very interesting to see them suited up for combat, the 'proper' way.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I would think working on a predator or alien movie for fox studios could be a frustrating time . Not knowing what is going to make it in the movie.

XenoHunter99

A lot of the Pred design work for this movie remind me of ST:NG Klingons. If someone said, "These are the Klingons," I wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. They'd be great Klingons :D

bobby brown

Ken Barthelemy is an absolute boss at Drawing. His rendering technique is godlike.

/envious.

brokentusk420

Why do they have to ruin everything? It's Stan Winston design that people want with a good story.  Is that so hard to ask for? It's like they are trying to reinvent the wheel.  It's never gonna happen. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Dec 06, 2018, 08:06:28 PM
Why do they have to ruin everything? It's Stan Winston design that people want with a good story.  Is that so hard to ask for? It's like they are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Indeed.

As requested, your new Predator designs are on its way Mr. Black, in our newly designed truck!   ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed