Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 59,999 times)

WeaN

WeaN

Hi guys.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the game a bit early and managed to complete all three campaigns.
I know a lot of people here are still curious about a lot of stuff, whether it's gameplay or story related, so I'm willing to answer any question regarding SP :)

If your question is related to the storyline, be sure to use spoiler tags to preserve other members.
I will also use tags to answer such questions.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the game a bit early

how did you manage that?

Baasje92

Baasje92

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 14, 2010, 03:38:49 PM
Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the game a bit early

how did you manage that?
It's already in some stores in america, but they can only do SP not mp because the servers aint up yet. ;)

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

i just wanna know how long is it in hours ?

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: AMC_Duke on Feb 14, 2010, 03:47:08 PM
I second that. Also what are the bosses? Is it happy?

hardwired

hardwired

Many in germany allready got it, cause early delivering (you have to import it).

If you got the PC-Version i would like to know, if the controls/movement are smoother and the 10meter-meleeattacks are still there.

Baasje92

Baasje92

My question will be: Is it really as dark as rebellion said it is, is it as dark as the sp trailer we saw. Are ALL the maps like that or are there some maps with suddenly allot of light where you have to fight a king pred or something? :)

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:13:33 PM
I second that. Also what are the bosses? Is it happy?
Quote from: Baasje92 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:15:39 PM
My question will be: Is it really as dark as rebellion said it is, is it as dark as the sp trailer we saw. Are ALL the maps like that or are there some maps with suddenly allot of light where you have to fight a king pred or something? :)
Is it a scary game? as well as those questions obove please
:)

WeaN

WeaN

Took me around 6 hours to complete the Marine Campaign on Hard.
But I think it might differ a little depending on your own skills at this type of game.

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:13:33 PMAlso what are the bosses? Is it happy?

Hm. I could tell what the bosses are, but it's definitely gonna be a big spoiler. I wouldn't recommend reading it if you wanna keep it a surprise :

Spoiler
1st boss is the Queen
2nd boss is a Predator
3rd boss is a Praetorian
4th and last boss is Karl Weyland.
[close]

Quote from: hardwired on Feb 14, 2010, 05:14:31 PM
If you got the PC-Version i would like to know, if the controls/movement are smoother and the 10meter-meleeattacks are still there.

Sorry. Xbox 360 here :(

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:17:17 PM

Hm... Hard to be objective on that matter. It will depend on people, but I did find the first levels to be quite scary, since they feel so much like Aliens
Your first encounters with the Xenos will creep you for sure.
Then, as you progress through the game, it obviously wears out, and they become mere targets for your pulse rifle. At least that's how I felt.

Darkness

Darkness

How does it compare to AvP2's Marine campaign if you played it?

Sifer2

Sifer2

Was is it easy? I watched a guy playing on a stream an between him being able to just rifle bash the Aliens to stun them whenever they got close an auto grabbing face huggers it looked like it would be too easy. Compared to the old AvP anyway which was kind of scary just because of how fast an dangerous the Aliens were.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 05:24:45 PM

Took me around 6 hours to complete the Marine Campaign on Hard.
But I think it might differ a little depending on your own skills at this type of game.

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:13:33 PMAlso what are the bosses? Is it happy?

Hm. I could tell what the bosses are, but it's definitely gonna be a big spoiler. I wouldn't recommend reading it if you wanna keep it a surprise :

Spoiler
1st boss is the Queen
2nd boss is a Predator
3rd boss is a Praetorian
4th and last boss is Karl Weyland.
[close]

Quote from: hardwired on Feb 14, 2010, 05:14:31 PM

Sorry. Xbox 360 here :(

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:17:17 PM

Hm... Hard to be objective on that matter. It will depend on people, but I did find the first levels to be quite scary, since they feel so much like Aliens
Your first encounters with the Xenos will creep you for sure.
Then, as you progress through the game, it obviously wears out, and they become mere targets for your pulse rifle. At least that's how I felt.
Read the bosses. Nothing really surprising there apart from the last one i didn't think they would meet also i thought you would see one of those bosses more than once. Definatley don't read it in case you want it to be a surprise also i would of thought that list would be back to front if i had read it anywhere else but it obviously isn't it just seems back to front lol.

Also i really wanted the marine to be horror threw out but i suppose it doesn't really matter at least we finally get the game.

VEF214

VEF214

Who are all named marines? Are there any unknown main characters? Who dies and who lives?

Do you see #6?

How is the battle with the Predator handled?

How many facehuggers do you see? Do you get to fight them?

Biggest battle scene? Description would be nice!

How many friendly A.I. do you run into?

Do you see a lot of cocooned victims?

How many Marine exclusive achievements do you have?

Any special "wow" moments?

How abundant is ammo for weapons?

Any singleplayer exclusive weapons?

Do you see / ride in / get transported in an APC?

Describe the Alien spit ability. How much damage, how the animation looks, etc.

Any easter eggs? Description if you've found any please.

XLRDALLAS

XLRDALLAS

In your  judgement  was it a let down

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 14, 2010, 05:29:33 PM
How does it compare to AvP2's Marine campaign if you played it?

Yeah, I did play AvP 2 Marine Campaign back then. I'd say it's pretty similar in the sense that it starts really slow and creepy, taking time to set up each encounter, and escalates gradually into a more action oriented experience. Towards the end, you'll face waves of Xenos at once.

Quote from: Sifer2 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:33:35 PM
Was is it easy? I watched a guy playing on a stream an between him being able to just rifle bash the Aliens to stun them whenever they got close an auto grabbing face huggers it looked like it would be too easy. Compared to the old AvP anyway which was kind of scary just because of how fast an dangerous the Aliens were.

It wasn't so hard to me. Then again, I'm kinda used to console FPSs.
Also, the heavily pronounced aim assist didn't really help making it harder. It basically follows moving targets for you for a sec or two as soon as they appear, so you'd have to be really bad to actually miss.
Only the beginning of the game was tricky cause as most of you probably know already, you start with the pistol only. A single Alien can sustain quite some damage, so I often found myself firing, running past him, get some distance and repeat... that is if I had enough room to do so.
Since you can block and counter just like in MP, as long as you can predict whether the Alien is gonna perform a light or strong attack, you're pretty much safe.
BUT they move a lot, so as soon as you have to deal with a bunch of them in tight environnement, it's gonna require much more creativity. You'll find yourself surrounded quite often.
So yeah. The atmosphere creeped me more than the Xenos themselves. Past the surprise of the first levels, they become mere targets.

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:44 PMi thought you would see one of those bosses more than once.

Well, actually ... you kinda do.

Spoiler
The first Praetorian you'll ever meet will be a boss, but then you'll meet two of them as regular enemies. They seemed to have a bit less health too.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed