Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 552,308 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

The French crew Jeunet brought over Frenched it up a bit too, and the comedic style of the film was very Jeunet.

Vitriol

Vitriol

I watched a French sci-fi film called Dante01, it had a very Alien Resurrestion feel to it - and also starred our wheel-chaired hero, Dominque Pinon.

Not sure why that's relevant but I'd recommend it!

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 05, 2010, 09:01:24 AM
The French crew Jeunet brought over Frenched it up a bit too, and the comedic style of the film was very Jeunet.

To be fair, it could have been far worse. I didn't find it too arty.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 05, 2010, 09:43:23 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 05, 2010, 09:01:24 AM

To be fair, it could have been far worse. I didn't find it too arty.
Me neither, to be honest, the film, to me, looked quite dull and sickly yellow. It's not for me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know, I find Resurrection so disappointing because of the good stuff that they've actually done.

City of the Lost Children was amazing. Some fantastic acting - Pearlman, I think Pinon was in that too, I can't remember but I enjoyed him in Amelie and Delicatessen. I love Whedon's Firefly/Serenity and Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog. And let's not forget what a waste of Dourif and Orser.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Dourif's problem is that whilst he's excellent (Child's Play, and I liked hi in Spontaneous Combustion, as well as LOTR) he's painfully typecast. He's meant to be quite good in Halloween 2, but I'll never watch that.

Ogata881

Ogata881

Alien,but i have already answered in this thread.At least now i can write why.....
Sure Aliens is a blast to watch over and over again,but i don't think it has what Alien has.
I don't fear the creatures in Cameron's film,they seem cannon fodder and are there to keep the marines busy and take some of them off screen,so we get to the final Queen confrontation.Don't really understand how people could say that the creatures had a better design in Aliens.They were much closer to the generic movie monster of the 80s than the first film's once in a lifetime creature.Every time i watch Aliens it just oozes 80s from the screen,but every time i watch Alien it doesn't show a specific decade on the screen.It doesn't screem 70s right away,it is just.....timeless.
The characters in Aliens are good enough,just don't come even close to the realism the ones in Alien had.It's cool to be all bad-ass blowing bad bugs to pieces,but as i started to grow up it became like a bubble gum that simply kinda lost it's flavor that it had for me when i was a kiddo.I think i watched a video of John Hurt where he said that he thought the other alien films felt much more fantasy and adventure oriented,while the first felt heavy on the ground.And the sob is absolutely right.
Alien on the other hand has not only the most realistic characters in the franchise,but they are the best too.They are not advanced soldiers from the future,they aren't dangerous prisoners on a distant planet,also they aren't nomadic space bandits that can shoot a grenade right in the opening of an alien egg just by looking at a reflection of it. :-\
They feel like a bunch of common people that you almost could work with on a daily basis.At least that's how it felt to me.
I also say that Captain Dallas is the best character of all in the alien films by far.
On the contrary as i was growing up i started liking Alien more and more and that just has to say something.
No offense to the Aliens fans,that's just my way of looking at the films.Both of them are gold anyway.
I also like Alien 3 a lot,but that's for a different discussion i think.

SM

SM

QuoteI think Pinon was in that too

You think?  He only played a stack of clones and the original.  :D

Xeno_Yautja

Xeno_Yautja

ALIENS 10
ALIEN 10
ALIEN3 8
ALIEN RESURRECTION 7

DrGediman

DrGediman

Quote from: Vitriol on Oct 05, 2010, 09:42:08 AM
I watched a French sci-fi film called Dante01, it had a very Alien Resurrestion feel to it - and also starred our wheel-chaired hero, Dominque Pinon.

Dante 01 was the film Alien Resurrection could've been.  If Marc Caro was onboard, for Alien Resurrection, we may have gotten more hard scifi like Dante 01, and less goofiness.  I still like Alien Resurrection, but I think Jeunet was slightly out of his depth making that film.

Vitriol

Vitriol

Quote from: DrGediman on Oct 09, 2010, 12:35:51 AM

Dante 01 was the film Alien Resurrection could've been.  If Marc Caro was onboard, for Alien Resurrection, we may have gotten more hard scifi like Dante 01, and less goofiness.  I still like Alien Resurrection, but I think Jeunet was slightly out of his depth making that film.

Quite agree.

SM

SM

Quote from: DrGediman on Oct 09, 2010, 12:35:51 AM

Dunno about that.  Caro's orginal character designs - just concepts; granted - were the very epitomy of 'goofy'.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Out of depht?

Yeah, um.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What has been seen...

Valaquen

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed