Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 551,549 times)

SiL

SiL

QuoteF**k yeah! Can't wait for it to be finally released. I wonder if they will adjust a bit the effects!
Finally?

...oh, you mean the actual Assembly Cut. Naw, that's not in it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I mean the Blu-Ray.
So the assembly cut ain't gonna be in the blu-ray? Bad news. Where I can see it then?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 24, 2010, 09:40:19 AM
I gotta see the Assembly cut. Will it be in the Blu-Ray tetralogy?

Not that different from the original film. A few extra scenes that alter the pacing, but only make the film a little more logical.

Valaquen

Valaquen

OmegaZilla, you haven't seen the assembly cut of Alien3?

SM

SM

QuoteNot that different from the original film.

Not "that different"??  It's half an hour longer.  Hardly "a few extra scenes".

Spider One

Spider One

I like Aliens due to the Colonial Marines.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jun 24, 2010, 11:22:45 PM
QuoteNot that different from the original film.

Not "that different"??  It's half an hour longer.  Hardly "a few extra scenes".

I didn't feel as though it contributed anything major. The only scene that really sticks out in my mind was the prisoner letting the Runner out of the contained area and letting it loose.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

It explained what happened to Golic. The ending suffered however.

SM

SM

No one cared what happened to Golic in the theatrical cut, because all the earlier scenes that established him as a supporting character got cut.

As for adding anything, it added more depth to Ripley, Golic, Dillon, Aaron and Morse.

Whether this actually improved the film is open to debate.

However it is significantly different to the theatrical cut.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 24, 2010, 06:50:05 PM
No. :( I have seen only the theatrical cut with the Dog-Burst.
But I do have a doubt - the Special Edition DvDs of the Saga had 2 versions of the film each - I have the "Base" Quadrilogy, so I have only one disc per film. So, techincally, I have 2 versions of Alien3 in the DvD.
How many versions are in total of Alien3?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 25, 2010, 11:26:49 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 24, 2010, 06:50:05 PM
No. :( I have seen only the theatrical cut with the Dog-Burst.
But I do have a doubt - the Special Edition DvDs of the Saga had 2 versions of the film each - I have the "Base" Quadrilogy, so I have only one disc per film. So, techincally, I have 2 versions of Alien3 in the DvD.
How many versions are in total of Alien3?
I don't have the quadrilogy, but two-disc editions of the first three films. On each disc one is the TC and DC of each movie, on disc 2 is bonus materials. So, theoretically, you should have both the TC and DC on one disc. However, if you have the bare bones versions, then you'll only have the TC (or usually in the case of Aliens, only the DC).

Here are the two differing standalone DVD's available in the UK, to my knowledge

Bare bones, theatrical

Special edition

The assembly cut on the special edition is my preferred version of Alien3.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I have a pack with 4 dvds featuring each 2 versions of the film. One is the TC and the other is a special edition.
As said, how many versions of A3 are out there? For example, Aliens has TC, and SE with added scenes that were cut from the TC.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 25, 2010, 12:26:46 PM
I have a pack with 4 dvds featuring each 2 versions of the film. One is the TC and the other is a special edition.
As said, how many versions of A3 are out there? For example, Aliens has TC, and SE with added scenes that were cut from the TC.
So you have the Assembly cut, you've just not watched it?
There are two versions of each film. One TC for each film, and DC for every film except Alien3, since the director did not recut it, so it's therefore the Assembly Cut.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ok, I understand now.
Thought it was a DC, not the AC. I've seen it then, only a lot of time ago. Gotta rewatch it soon then. :)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 25, 2010, 12:34:17 PM
Ok, I understand now.
Thought it was a DC, not the AC. I've seen it then, only a lot of time ago. Gotta rewatch it soon then. :)
I find it superior to the TC, though I would trim one scene, where the prisoners decide to go to the furnace. Otherwise -  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed