Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 552,916 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wow, the dome looks so freaking transparent in that pic :o

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: creature creator on May 29, 2010, 12:33:32 PM

aliens is for me so low because the alien warriors are so small, and really move like stuntman in creature suits

1. Thats a weird way of judging a movie by the look of the monster instead of the quality of the script, tension, characters and music.

2. That statement is false. Alien warriors are taller and skinnier than Giger's. Im assuming youre talking about the stunt suits which for me is ludicrous. You cant pick the look thats not to be seen and is used for stunt scenes over the intended and proper look and designs. Like Valaquen already posted, the warrior was taller and skinnier than the one from the first movie, continuing Ridely's concept for the inhumanly tall and skinny creature.

The only time we see stuntsuits in Aliens is during the Operations attack for 2 frames which is 2/3 of a second if you freeze frame when the strobe light flashes. Aside from Newt scene, you never see them placed next to a person and only see their shadows since Aliens is the movie that shows the least of the alien so the accusations of them being tall are false. Theyre not. As evidenced by fully sculpted hero puppets, theyre taller. And the only time we get a good look at the warrior in Aliens is in the first nest scene when one gets blasted by Vasquez and when one opens APC. And those are the puppets representing the actual look of the warrior. Same goes for Alien. We see the stuntmen very briefly.

And if youre picking the designs that shouldnt and arent seen in the movie because theyre STUNT suits or guys over the intended and official look, than lest be fair and throw the double standard away and complain about the short and big sized alien in the first movie. After all, Bolaji was used only for 3 brief scenes: Closing in on Lambert, looking out behind the corner and getting up after getting gased.

Or complain about the ultra fat runner

Again, its weird for me that someone takes a look of a stunt thing thats not suppose to be seen as canon over the actual oficial look

Quotealien and alien 3 really have the good admosphere( sorry for my english), with just one alien in a closed place and that is the way i want to see a alien movie

In Alien and Aliens the characters were trapped. In Alien they had to figure something out because they didnt have enough means to survive for long without the hypersleep. In Aliens they were trapped and surrounded by those things pounding on walls and ceilings to get to them. In Alien 3 they were in danger only when they chose to be. Nothing would happen to them if they were together in those big halls. They didnt even have to be together, just split into 3 or 4 or sleep in the mess hall or the 'rumor control' hall

SiL

SiL

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 29, 2010, 09:54:47 PM
The only time we see stuntsuits in Aliens is during the Operations attack for 2 frames which is 2/3 of a second if you freeze frame when the strobe light flashes.
Every shot that involves an Alien moving is a stunt suit. There were no 'hero suits' for production, they couldn't afford it -- only fully sculpted dummies.

QuoteAnd those are the puppets representing the actual look of the warrior.
Except in the movie they kind'a don't, because we never see one of them in relation to a person.

I agree they're tall and skinny (Not necessarily on the 'taller' part - How big's the guy in your reference picture? They look about the same height.) -- but all you ever see interacting with anything in the movie is stunt guys in stunt suits. It's not hard to see why people get the impression they're shorter and bulkier.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2010, 10:01:36 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on May 29, 2010, 09:54:47 PM
The only time we see stuntsuits in Aliens is during the Operations attack for 2 frames which is 2/3 of a second if you freeze frame when the strobe light flashes.
Every shot that involves an Alien moving is a stunt suit.

I know. Im saying the stunt suit is only visible in few frames from the entire movie. Same goes for the fact that its a stuntmen. Theyre never shown next to a person or in full shot so saying that you see short aliens is simple a lie

Quote]There were no 'hero suits' for production, they couldn't afford it -- only fully sculpted dummies.

Then whats this

and this

The hero suits WERE made, only used in the coccoon shot and the photosession

Except in the movie they kind'a don't, because we never see one of them in relation to a person.
Except in the movie they kind'a don't, because we never see one of them in relation to a person.[/quote]

We do. When once opens APC its bigger than the soldiers. And obviously the finished, fully designed look is the intended one, not black spandex.

It's not hard to see why people get the impression they're shorter and bulkier

And for me it is. I dont know how you can tell thats someone short or bulky from shots like those..

that only last split seconds.

Valaquen

Valaquen

The fact that we know the Aliens weren't portrayed by 7foot tall Nigerians can play a part in our perception of them. I always thought they were massive, and I know they're massive, but also knowing that they are portrayed in certain scenes by smaller men jabs at the suspension of disbelief. It was post-Aliens that they became smaller, more hunched creatures. The Runner was smaller out of necessity, I guess, it's a dog (though there are times when the Runner changes size), and the A:R Xeno's were slobbering, hunched, giant cockroaches. Sad to see the design stray so far.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on May 29, 2010, 10:19:29 PM
The fact that we know the Aliens weren't portrayed by 7foot tall Nigerians can play a part in our perception of them.

It certainly does and same goes for the original Alien. People keep complaining about the absence of 7 foot tall skinny people while in reality Bolaji was used only for 3 shots in the entire movie and the rest was normal sized short guys, one of which you could only see the head.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Valaquen on May 29, 2010, 10:19:29 PM
The Runner was smaller out of necessity

It was a bit larger, actually. The lack-lustre special effects made it seem much smaller, though.

TJ Doc

SiL

SiL

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 29, 2010, 10:09:33 PM
Theyre never shown next to a person or in full shot so saying that you see short aliens is simple a lie
They're seen next to scenery, though.

QuoteAnd for me it is. I dont know how you can tell thats someone short or bulky from shots like those..
Then try looking at the shots from Operations where they're next to tables and filing cabinets.

Valaquen

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

That fiend!  :o

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2010, 10:37:52 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on May 29, 2010, 10:09:33 PM
Theyre never shown next to a person or in full shot so saying that you see short aliens is simple a lie
They're seen next to scenery, though.

QuoteAnd for me it is. I dont know how you can tell thats someone short or bulky from shots like those..
Then try looking at the shots from Operations where they're next to tables and filing cabinets.

And thats still if you freeze frame and really look for it. Sam,e goes for the stunts in alien, you can see them against the scenery or in relation to the shuttle door or dallas if you freeze frame. For me thats just a serious and unhealthy picking

Anyway, for those who are worked up over stunt suits over the actual official look, heres the runner

Valaquen

Valaquen

Ugly.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Rito Revolto?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 29, 2010, 10:48:04 PM
Anyway, for those who are worked up over stunt suits over the actual official look, heres the runner
It doesn't look like it runs any more than any other type of alien...
:-\

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed