Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 550,558 times)

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: Abomination on May 28, 2010, 07:44:09 AM
Why do people seem to hate Alien Ressurection? I watched it, and I loved it! Doesn't beat Aliens, but it comes close. I found the Newborn tragic, especially at the end.
The newborn was tragic. A tragedy that stopped the Alien series and contributed to a piss poor Alien movie. Laser guns, cloning, human-alien abominations, what the hell?*And please restrain from posting their problems with AVP:R as a response to this post(I am looking at you two SpaceMarine and TJ Doc)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2010, 10:01:27 PM
No, it really was. 

"I can get you off. Maybe not the boat..." >_<

"People are dying,we need guns."

<3

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on May 29, 2010, 04:59:38 AM
Why do people seem to hate Alien Ressurection? I watched it, and I loved it! Doesn't beat Aliens, but it comes close. I found the Newborn tragic, especially at the end.
The newborn was tragic. A tragedy that stopped the Alien series and contributed to a piss poor Alien movie. Laser guns, cloning, human-alien abominations, what the hell?*And please restrain from posting their problems with AVP:R as a response to this post(I am looking at you two SpaceMarine and TJ Doc)

Why would I do that? We're discussing Resurrection, not that film.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: XenoVC on May 29, 2010, 05:06:08 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2010, 10:01:27 PM
No, it really was. 

"I can get you off. Maybe not the boat..." >_<

"People are dying,we need guns."

<3

Your point being?

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Lasar guns and cloning? Whats wrong with that? It has been 257 years since Ripleys own time, which is distant from ours. Cloning hasn't really gotten perfected yet judging by the 1-7, but could still be a possible thing then. Alien 5 would have been too much IMO.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Abomination on May 29, 2010, 06:17:20 AM

Lasar guns and cloning? Whats wrong with that? It has been 257 years since Ripleys own time, which is distant from ours. Cloning has really gotten perfected yet judging by the 1-7. Alien 5 would have been too much IMO.

It may have a plausible explanation but thats not the point. Alien was also in the future and they couldve give them some teleporting devices, lasers or holograms or other stuff like that. The thing is they didnt.Just because they could doesnt mean they should. And they didnt because they wanted this world to be like ours. A "familiar" scifi. And thats the concept that stayed with the alien series for the first 3 movies. Everything is very blue collar and very used and familair. Giving Ripley superpowers and extra senses, giving others lasers and breath identificators (my god...), cloning etc etc turns it into ...well, something completely different. Again, the filmmakers completely missed the mark and didnt know what Alien series is about

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 29, 2010, 06:24:36 AM
Quote from: Abomination on May 29, 2010, 06:17:20 AM

Lasar guns and cloning? Whats wrong with that? It has been 257 years since Ripleys own time, which is distant from ours. Cloning has really gotten perfected yet judging by the 1-7. Alien 5 would have been too much IMO.

It may have a plausible explanation but thats not the point. Alien was also in the future and they couldve give them some teleporting devices, lasers or holograms or other stuff like that. The thing is they didnt.Just because they could doesnt mean they should. And they didnt because they wanted this world to be like ours. A "familiar" scifi. And thats the concept that stayed with the alien series for the first 3 movies. Everything is very blue collar and very used and familair. Giving Ripley superpowers and extra senses, giving others lasers and breath identificators (my god...), cloning etc etc turns it into ...well, something completely different. Again, the filmmakers completely missed the mark and didnt know what Alien series is about

Teleports, laser and holograms might have been expensive or they might have been put out to save energy, reserves. The Ellen Ripley "superpower" thing, I always figured to be a cloning side effect or some connection with the queen.

Alien: Rez felt more "alien" then Alien 3, IMO.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Well, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. The first 3 alien movies were about Ripley first, Aliens and Alien 3 more specifically. From A:R on it was just about blasting big, fleshy monsters

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 29, 2010, 06:37:15 AM
Well, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. The first 3 alien movies were about Ripley first, Aliens and Alien 3 more specifically. From A:R on it was just about blasting big, fleshy monsters

I can agree with the last part, specially AVP:R.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Abomination on May 29, 2010, 06:30:57 AM
Alien: Rez felt more "alien" then Alien 3, IMO.
I second this.

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 29, 2010, 06:37:15 AM
I'd say from AvP. Resurrection was 90% about Ripley, especially if you watch the extended cut.

creature creator

creature creator

her is my list.

1.alien
2.alien 3
3.aliens
4.aliens resurrection

aliens is for me so low because the alien warriors are so small, and really move like stuntman in creature suits, the thing i really like from aliens are the queen and the nest, and thats it for me.

don't get me wrong i like the movie but for a alien movie it just doesn't do it for me, same thing with alien resurrection.

alien and alien 3 really have the good admosphere( sorry for my english), with just one alien in a closed place and that is the way i want to see a alien movie.

JB

Valaquen

Valaquen

The Aliens in Aliens are quite tall, as evidenced when one jumps Burke, or the Alien that grabs Dietrich, or by looking at the stunt puppets:

Seems to match up with:

Problem is, whilst the stunt Aliens are big, for the suited Aliens they didn't have 7 foot tall stuntmen like Bolaji, so we never see them in scale compared to the actors like we do in Alien. I guess you have to suspend your disbelief a little, but the Warriors weren't intended to be smaller.

creature creator

creature creator

never saw that :D,

but i think than the thing i really hate is there movement, there are just a few scenes were you really believe it is a alien and not a guy in suit. Like the scene in the sewer with newt

JB

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: creature creator on May 29, 2010, 02:47:59 PM
never saw that :D,

but i think than the thing i really hate is there movement, there are just a few scenes were you really believe it is a alien and not a guy in suit. Like the scene in the sewer with newt

JB
I dunno, I feel the same for Alien

But it's just limitations of the time, eh  8) You're right that this is awesome:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed