Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 550,393 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

Who cares if that person likes A:R I found it as watchable as Aliens.

For me ( i've probably done this a while ago. ) it goes:

Alien 3
Alien
Aliens
A:R ( it was close.)

I honestly don't like A:R or Aliens really.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Alien
Alien 3
Aliens
Alien: Resurrection

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

For me, my favorite Alien movie has to be the first one.

Big_BLACK

Big_BLACK

Aliens

Valaquen

Valaquen

ALIEN/ALIENS
Then, Alien3 assembly cut.
There are no other Alien films for me.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Aliens or Alien3

Rockybear

Rockybear

aliens
alien
alien resurrection

botched

botched

Alien 3 (for Gothic horror and a dreadful ending).

Alien (For production design,the combining of terror with sexuality).   

Alien resurrection ( For Fun with the french)

Aliens ( I admire James Cameron, Avatar, Titanic,  But even my favorite of his films The Terminator is a rip of of Harlan Ellison and the Grandfather paradox. ALIENS is a ripoff of Robert A. Heinlein's novel, Starship Troopers

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fun with the French? The director was French, but it had no bearing on the film.

SM

SM

Well other than his more European style being stamped on the flick.

And how is Aliens a "rip off" of Starship Troopers?  It's been a while since I read it, but it didn't strike at all to be like Aliens in terms of the plot.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It drew inspiration from Starship Troopers. If your calling it a rip, you might as well call it a rip of The Forever War as well.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: botched on May 02, 2010, 09:19:42 PM
Aliens ( I admire James Cameron, Avatar, Titanic,  But even my favorite of his films The Terminator is a rip of of Harlan Ellison and the Grandfather paradox. ALIENS is a ripoff of Robert A. Heinlein's novel, Starship Troopers.
The Terminator shares 3 similarities with an Ellison story: 1) future warriors, 2) time travel, 3) appearance in an alley after travelling through time. That's it. AI, human resistances, future saviours, predestination paradox, the importance of one life, etc. all absent in Ellison's 'Soldier'. Contrary to 'net talk, Cameron never went to court over The Terminator. Ellison threatened to sue, and Orion Pictures balked and gave him a credit, which Cameron has contested to this day. Ellison did not invent sci-fi, time travel stories, or future warriors. The paradox in T1 is 'predestination,' not 'grandfather'. http://www.jamescamerononline.com/Ellison.htm

Aliens and Starship Troopers, ST was used as a manual for how space marines would act. I think some people think of the ST movie whenever it's mentioned, despite the decade between both movies. Aliens is no more a ST ripoff than Alien is a ripoff of numerous 50's alien movies. Both Alien and Aliens surpass their influences.

bleau

bleau

Aliens
Alien3
Alien ans Alien resurrection the same.

Nope

Nope

Quote from: bleau on May 04, 2010, 07:03:55 AM
Aliens
Alien3
Alien ans Alien resurrection the same.
Why did you not like alien?  ::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Because he didn't like it, mayhaps?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed