Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 549,019 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Exactly; its just terror incarnate.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Or, because in Aliens, the means to kill the creatures were present as opposed to the first film.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That's what made it so much more hopeless and (for me, anyways) more terrifying. They couldn't kill it.

WinterActual

WinterActual

My fav alien movies are Aliens and Alien Resurrection.We all know why ALiens is fav for most of the people but I like Resurrection too.Its kinda epic doomed to death part of the movies.This quote is so great and epic for me

QuoteDoes it grow?

Yeah.

Very rapidly.

It's a queen.

How did you know that?

She'll breed. You'll die.

Everyone in the Company
will die.
Dont you think so? And the soundtrack is great too,its heavy,hopeless,dark soundtrack.Aliens looks perfect,with the slime.Scene with the mad scientist and the big bad alien in the cage is so beautiful for me.I dont know why poeple doesn't like this movie  ??? I like it more than Alien3  :-\

superdeathpredator

superdeathpredator

This is my order aliens, alien3, alien, and then alien resurection

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 07, 2010, 04:56:12 PM
Or, because in Aliens, the means to kill the creatures were present as opposed to the first film.

Yes, which took away a big part of the first movie. As SpaceMarines said, the increasing despair of the situation and desperate attempts to kill the horror really made it for me.

maddriver

maddriver

QuoteDont you think so? And the soundtrack is great too,its heavy,hopeless,dark soundtrack.Aliens looks perfect,with the slime.Scene with the mad scientist and the big bad alien in the cage is so beautiful for me.I dont know why poeple doesn't like this movie  ??? I like it more than Alien3  :-\

1. Alien design. It's just a bug/insect-like creature. Giger's original design was this biomechanical killer. Even in Aliens, the xenomorphs had biomechanical details on their skin. In Ressurrection, they look like dinosaurs, especially their legs and are no longer frightening.

2. The Newborn is a joke. Plain and simple. Oh, and it has eyes! How could they do this to one of the greatest monsters in movie history?

3. The plot.

4. The jokes. While Johner has some good lines, the rest of the "funny" dialogue is bad. The jokes are so corny. They tried to do the same thing Aliens did, but they failed.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yea the alien legs are fail but I like these in cage scene as I said before.For me every alien design after the first movie is not frightening actually :| Newborn is so-so,I cant decide if I like it or I hate it.But I think is cool if the queen produce aliens like human,without egg,but standart aliens,not newborns.Then the hell will come to earth :D (or wherever is the nest)

maddriver

maddriver

Quote from: DeStefano on Feb 11, 2010, 06:47:48 PM
Yea the alien legs are fail but I like these in cage scene as I said before.For me every alien design after the first movie is not frightening actually :| Newborn is so-so,I cant decide if I like it or I hate it.But I think is cool if the queen produce aliens like human,without egg,but standart aliens,not newborns.Then the hell will come to earth :D (or wherever is the nest)
True. The movie had good ideas, but the way they used these ideas in the movie weren't something to make them proud of  :D
It a shame when you have good ideas, but screw up when shooting the actual movie. In my opinion, Resurrection could have been a lot better, because it had potential to explore the new ways DNA mixing affects the xenomorphs, but... :'(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: maddriver on Feb 11, 2010, 06:58:31 PM
Quote from: DeStefano on Feb 11, 2010, 06:47:48 PM
True. The movie had good ideas, but the way they used these ideas in the movie weren't something to make them proud of  :D
It a shame when you have good ideas, but screw up when shooting the actual movie. In my opinion, Resurrection could have been a lot better, because it had potential to explore the new ways DNA mixing affects the xenomorphs, but... :'(

Agreed. AR could have been a great horror film, but instead rushed the great parts and tried to be too much like Aliens.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: superdeathpredator on Feb 11, 2010, 03:48:40 AM
This is my order aliens, alien3, alien, and then alien resurection

That's my same order.  :D

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

ALIENS...........hands down theeeeeee most badass alien movie on the planet IMO.

Wolf The Predator

Wolf The Predator

Aliens
Resurrection Minus the Melted Candle Man-alien
Alien 3
Alien

- Wolf

Navaha

Navaha

Alien and Aliens are about a tie to me, they're good for different reasons. :P
Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection

Quote from: Wolf The Predator on Feb 13, 2010, 06:30:09 AM
Aliens
Resurrection Minus the Melted Candle Man-alien
Alien 3
Alien

- Wolf

:o

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Aliens, Alien, Alien Rez , Then Alien3 could never get over her hair. (and when i was watching it. I was texting all the way threw the movie so that might be why.

I am due to watch all four movies (as well as avp and predator movies ) in order this week in anticipation for the new avp game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed