Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1044

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 492,489 times)

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I thought A3 was awesome, its my second fav alien movie but yeah, definetly agree about Hicks/newt thing. That really disapointed me.

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

Quote from: Its Game Time on Aug 16, 2007, 09:41:38 PM
I thought A3 was awesome, its my second fav alien movie but yeah, definetly agree about Hicks/newt thing. That really disapointed me.
I remember watching the behind the scenes of A3 and Michael Beihn was saying that he was really pissed off that his character died.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: PeterKeyes on Aug 16, 2007, 09:59:23 PM
I remember watching the behind the scenes of A3 and Michael Beihn was saying that he was really pissed off that his character died.

I dont blame him

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Its Game Time on Aug 16, 2007, 10:40:50 PM

I dont blame him

I know! Its seemed like such a complete waste to just have him killed before anything went down. If they wanted him dead, they could have done it in a very powerful, fitting way...but they just tossed him out.

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 17, 2007, 04:16:10 AM

I dont blame him

I know! Its seemed like such a complete waste to just have him killed before anything went down. If they wanted him dead, they could have done it in a very powerful, fitting way...but they just tossed him out.
he was swearing alot in the interview. his flashback brought just anger. if I was beihn, I'd shoot Fox.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: PeterKeyes on Aug 18, 2007, 03:14:31 AM

I dont blame him

he was swearing alot in the interview.

I remember that

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Honestly I think Beihn had every right to be angry. But isn't it true he got paid more for his picture to be shown on the screen in A3 than his role in aliens?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

What gave him that right?  Cameron wasn't particularly interested in doing another Aliens film, nobody from the second movie approached the studio and said lets do Alien 3! At least not right after the movie was a blockbuster hit.

Cameron didn't protect his movie, the actors from the second film took no kind of stance or gave no indication that they wanted future sequels to be made starring them.  Therefore I don't think they have a right to bitch and moan about not being in future movies.  The same with Cameron.  If Cameron wanted his family to survive he should've penned the third film.  If you don't protect your work, then guess what happens?

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 18, 2007, 06:15:49 PM
What gave him that right?  Cameron wasn't particularly interested in doing another Aliens film, nobody from the second movie approached the studio and said lets do Alien 3! At least not right after the movie was a blockbuster hit.

Cameron didn't protect his movie, the actors from the second film took no kind of stance or gave no indication that they wanted future sequels to be made starring them.  Therefore I don't think they have a right to bitch and moan about not being in future movies.  The same with Cameron.  If Cameron wanted his family to survive he should've penned the third film.  If you don't protect your work, then guess what happens?

I'll agree that Cameron should have done more to protect the franchise after the second film, and that negligence is a big part of the reason that the franchise has become what it has....but I think that as an actor, Beihn has a right to feel like he was screwed. Protecting the film was up to the director/producer/writers. Beihn's responsibility went no further than bringing his character to life, which he did very well. Not putting him in A3 was a waste of his work in A2 in his eyes most likely.

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

I dont blame him

They should of atleast made him die off in the middle of the 3rd one. he could of been weak in the beginning. then got stronger. then have him battle off the runner and die trying.

Hudson

Hudson

QuoteThey should of atleast made him die off in the middle of the 3rd one. he could of been weak in the beginning. then got stronger. then have him battle off the runner and die trying.

That's worse than just starting him off dead...

Why would you want to see Hicks again if he's just gonna die?  Michael Beihn should be thankful he wasn't in Alien 3 as he would've faced all its production problems first hand. 

As for everything you said about Alien 3 going in the "wrong" direction.  A reversal isn't wrong, it's just like any other plot convention.   

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 19, 2007, 04:46:22 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 18, 2007, 06:15:49 PM

I'll agree that Cameron should have done more to protect the franchise after the second film, and that negligence is a big part of the reason that the franchise has become what it has....but I think that as an actor, Beihn has a right to feel like he was screwed. Protecting the film was up to the director/producer/writers. Beihn's responsibility went no further than bringing his character to life, which he did very well. Not putting him in A3 was a waste of his work in A2 in his eyes most likely.

The series is noted for having heavy actor interventions taking place.  Weaver stood by two ideas long enough they eventually found their way into film.  If the cast was more proactive instead of reactive, who knows what would've happened.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: PeterKeyes on Aug 19, 2007, 05:14:55 AM

I dont blame him

They should of atleast made him die off in the middle of the 3rd one. he could of been weak in the beginning. then got stronger. then have him battle off the runner and die trying.

What would be the point of him if he was just going to be a cripple for half the movie anyway?  And then what?  He tries to protect Ripley and gets into a fight with a few prisoners or gets killed by the alien?

That's the whole point of Ripley.  She is always alone to fight the alien in the end.  Hicks would have softened Ripley somewhat.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: darkbladepred on Aug 18, 2007, 06:27:10 AM
Honestly I think Beihn had every right to be angry. But isn't it true he got paid more for his picture to be shown on the screen in A3 than his role in aliens?

Yeah, i think so, thats what i heard.

brad873

brad873

reserection is by far my fav. it wasnt as violent as the others but i liked the emotional bond riply had with the aliens, and how they were almost friends in bits. the human/alien reminded me of my nan (there both evil and deadly, lol) aand there eyes were similar. lol.

i like alien 3 second as it seems slightly similar to 1 and i like the fact it was not a human who was taken over.
aliens is second, because i have not seen it in years, and when i did, it was not all the way through, so im borrowing it later.
i wasnt very impresed with 1 but i did watch the directors cut, so it was to tame for me, its just gotta have viloens in plases. >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed