Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 558,945 times)

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 26, 2010, 12:02:01 AM
That more or less sums up my view of the series. Except I think A:R was an okay film, if viewing it solely as a film, not as an Alien one. It was a bit less than mediocre.
But, I can't do that! It doesn't make any sense to me if I try to think of it as a sole film.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I can separate my film-loving self from my Alien-loving self. It helped me when I watched A:R. It helped a lot.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 12, 2009, 09:59:11 PM
I watch it less...in fact, last time I saw Alien was May. I don't watch it often because I don't want it to lose its cinematic value.

Same here.

I mean other people can watch it over and over. More power to them. But I just can't.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I voted Alien 3, though I love them all equally, and some for different reasons.

Alien 3, Aliens, Alien, Alien Res...thats the order I'd put them in.

I just really liked the dark gothic look of Alien 3, and how Fincher experimented with the camera, the colour pallet, the score, everything. Its a very underated movie.

But like I said, its very hard to choose a favourite as I loved them all, yes, even Ressurection.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I can understand why people like Alien3, but it simply didn't do it for me. None of the characters were very well-developed, with the exception of Ripley, and it was really hard to tell them apart. Almost all of them were bald, white, British guys. The story didn't really drag me in, either. Granted, this film did have its moments, but overall it just wasn't that good. They also killed Hicks and Bishop! They couldn't even give Hicks the dignity of an onscreen death.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 31, 2010, 07:06:20 PM
I can understand why people like Alien3, but it simply didn't do it for me. None of the characters were very well-developed, with the exception of Ripley, and it was really hard to tell them apart. Almost all of them were bald, white, British guys. The story didn't really drag me in, either. Granted, this film did have its moments, but overall it just wasn't that good. They also killed Hicks and Bishop! They couldn't even give Hicks the dignity of an onscreen death.
But that's the beauty of the movie.  It show how ruthless the Alien is even when it is not directly killing people.  Nothing can escape it... except Jones.  :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ah, yes. Jonesy the supercat.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I laugh at everytime ppl mention or complain about the fact the entire cast was made out of british actors for Alien 3 lol

RubberChickenMan

RubberChickenMan

aliens is not just my favorite alien movie; its my favorite movie of all time.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: RubberChickenMan on Feb 01, 2010, 10:24:19 AM
aliens is not just my favorite alien movie; its my favorite movie of all time.
For me, Aliens is my favorite movie of all time, but it isn't the best movie I've ever seen.  :o

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: muse_manic on Feb 01, 2010, 01:19:49 AM
I laugh at everytime ppl mention or complain about the fact the entire cast was made out of british actors for Alien 3 lol

I'm not complaining that they were British. I actually like British actors. It's just that none of them were distinct in any way. The only one I could tell apart was this guy:

and that's because I had seen him in other films.

First Blood

First Blood

Most notably, The Lost World: Jurassic Park

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, that's how I recognized him.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 01, 2010, 11:08:37 PM
Most notably, The Lost World: Jurassic Park
And Dragonheart.
Gilbert!!! :D

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Loved Alien the most. Thought the Xenomorph was most terrifying in the original... because it didn't die until the end. In Aliens, they die all over the place. The first one seemed to be more... untouchable. Like a wraith.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed