Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 560,776 times)

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 14, 2010, 05:13:03 AM
Aliens
Alien
So whats your beef with Alien 3?
(Also AVP which I'm starting to like more and more, but opposite for AVP:R)

SM

SM

QuoteSo whats your beef with Alien 3?

I'm guessing he doesn't like it very much.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2010, 10:22:25 PM

But why?  Just curious.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 14, 2010, 04:04:25 AM
Let me get this straight: you put a mediocre film in front of what is considered to be one of the greatest science fiction and horror films ever made because of a single actress?

lol thats a hurtful way to put it but yes

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm sorry, but I'm dumbfounded by that.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: predalien27 on Jan 14, 2010, 10:54:02 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2010, 10:22:25 PM

But why?  Just curious.

I appreciate the movie for its great score and cinematography, but to me it's very disjointed from the first two.

Giant Ox

Giant Ox

Aliens is my fav the Queen looked kick ass

specter

specter

"Aliens" followed closely by "Alien"

I like the Colonial Marines too much, and I did see Aliens first. So it gets a slight edge.

And I can't enjoy Alien 3 because of Hicks Death. Its sad, I know.

peanut8

peanut8

To me, the first three films come together as one great film. 'Alien' provides the build-up and foreboding, 'Aliens' provides the climatic action, and 'Alien 3' give us the denouement and conclusion. Each part has its own climaxes, naturally, but I think 'Aliens' gives us the real big one.

And in my personal opinion, 'Alien 3' saved 'Aliens' (Not that 'Aliens' was anything short of near-perfection as it was, but it helped maintain that 100% near-perfection). The second film was ending with something that was to be expected of Cameron- happy makeshift family, mommy, daddy and the little girl, the monsters are dealt and done with resoundingly (Nuclear overkill), and everything's gonna be alright, they're on their way home.

An ending hardly reminiscent to the first film, where the director had originally intended for the alien to win. So, if you consider the beginning of 'Alien 3' to be the next scene in the large movie which, ignoring the credits, takes place minutes thereafter for the viewer, we get a resounding tale of hopelessness, terror, and non-cliché (Hick's face DEMOLISHED, Newt drowned, Ripley chestbursted). The movie ends with the conclusion that, even though Ripley gained the upper hand for a while, she was outdone and destroyed: the only survivor of the first two movies being a cat. The monstrosity has triumphed, it has displayed its deadliness, and the audience can no longer leave the cinema thinking 'Well, the aliens sure got their asses kicked.'

So yeah, the first 3 movies made into one great 'Aliens' movie is what I consider to be the best horror 'movie' ever. I believe A:R is just too far off in the future to be able to have anything to do with the first three films. Hollywood found itself forced to create a fourth movie that had nothing to do with the original three films but for the monsters, characters and lore: no spiritual or fluid continuation, no easy walk over a bridge left by the last film. David Fincher, knowingly or unknowingly, grabbed the 'Aliens' series in its moment of perfection and severed the chain of Hollywood money-whoring before it could truly start by creating a work that allowed absolutely no possible direct sequel... except for maybe A:CM.

Well, there's my personal take on the series.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: peanut8 on Jan 23, 2010, 01:18:00 PM
To me, the first three films come together as one great film. 'Alien' provides the build-up and foreboding, 'Aliens' provides the climatic action, and 'Alien 3' give us the denouement and conclusion. Each part has its own climaxes, naturally, but I think 'Aliens' gives us the real big one.

And in my personal opinion, 'Alien 3' saved 'Aliens' (Not that 'Aliens' was anything short of near-perfection as it was, but it helped maintain that 100% near-perfection). The second film was ending with something that was to be expected of Cameron- happy makeshift family, mommy, daddy and the little girl, the monsters are dealt and done with resoundingly (Nuclear overkill), and everything's gonna be alright, they're on their way home.

An ending hardly reminiscent to the first film, where the director had originally intended for the alien to win. So, if you consider the beginning of 'Alien 3' to be the next scene in the large movie which, ignoring the credits, takes place minutes thereafter for the viewer, we get a resounding tale of hopelessness, terror, and non-cliché (Hick's face DEMOLISHED, Newt drowned, Ripley chestbursted). The movie ends with the conclusion that, even though Ripley gained the upper hand for a while, she was outdone and destroyed: the only survivor of the first two movies being a cat. The monstrosity has triumphed, it has displayed its deadliness, and the audience can no longer leave the cinema thinking 'Well, the aliens sure got their asses kicked.'

So yeah, the first 3 movies made into one great 'Aliens' movie is what I consider to be the best horror 'movie' ever. I believe A:R is just too far off in the future to be able to have anything to do with the first three films. Hollywood found itself forced to create a fourth movie that had nothing to do with the original three films but for the monsters, characters and lore: no spiritual or fluid continuation, no easy walk over a bridge left by the last film. David Fincher, knowingly or unknowingly, grabbed the 'Aliens' series in its moment of perfection and severed the chain of Hollywood money-whoring before it could truly start by creating a work that allowed absolutely no possible direct sequel... except for maybe A:CM.

Well, there's my personal take on the series.
Wow, that wall-o-text just completely expressed how I felt about the Alien movies.

First Blood

First Blood

Well,

For me, Aliens because I love the Colonial Marines aspect of the film.

Then Alien

Followed by Alien 3

Lastly Alien Resurrection, which had its good points (the underwater sequence is one of my favorites) but this one was a let down for me.

Fatal Facepalm

Fatal Facepalm

I third that Peanut!! I doubt anyone could express it better  :)

Hollowhero

Hollowhero

Alien i think is the better film but only SLIGHTLY better than aliens.... that bit in the vents/maintenace shafts from alien was brilliant ;D :D ;) :) 8)

xenomorph16473

xenomorph16473

Alien: masterpice.

Aliens: masterpice aswell.

Alien3: Okay.

Alien res: a plie of elephant crap.

Avp: stupid but fun.

Avp R: made me want to eat a pile of elephant crap.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That more or less sums up my view of the series. Except I think A:R was an okay film, if viewing it solely as a film, not as an Alien one. It was a bit less than mediocre.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed