Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 549,906 times)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Alien 3

It was the first Alien film I ever watched.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Jun 23, 2009, 09:19:11 AM
Alien 3

Nice, Predator was one of my firsts. 

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Peteysodes on Jun 23, 2009, 04:38:33 PM
Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Jun 23, 2009, 09:19:11 AM
Alien 3

Nice, Predator was one of my firsts. 
Aliens was the first alien film I watched and boy did it creep me out.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Well, the first Alien movie that I saw was Ressurection. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You and I both. The only reason I liked it though was because I didn't have a clue of what the back story was. All I saw was guns, aliens, and shit being blown up.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 23, 2009, 07:40:37 PM
You and I both. The only reason I liked it though was because I didn't have a clue of what the back story was. All I saw was guns, aliens, and shit being blown up.
lol, yeah and it was creepily awesome

Maxyboy

Maxyboy

Quote from: Lone Wolf on Jun 15, 2009, 09:07:09 PM
Quote from: gigerfan241 on Jun 15, 2009, 08:41:37 PM

magnum opus!?!?  whats your problem? I laugh at your judgement of the best movie! here i go. HA HA HA HA HA HA!                HA!

ALIEN is waaaaaay better than ALIENS. sure aliens is good but not the "magnum opus" or whatever. but we all intitled to are own opinion. but seriously bad judgement.

Wow, take it easy. Yes, I consider James Cameron's entry in the series to be the best, but why do you react so ... strongly? It's my opinion, you don't have to agree, I respect your opinion. And the reason I chose the word magnum opus is that both Alien and Aliens are masterpieces, but Aliens is still a better movie, and magnum opus is a word to describe greatest work, and Aliens is the greatest work of the Alien franchise. But I can understand why some people consider the original better, because it's the films are so different, it's more about what genre you like.
Alright marines, it's time for another Alien verus Aliens debate!
We are going to go and GET SOME!
"we all intitled to are own opinion", but then you say thats bad judgement? What the f**k kind of twisted sense does that make(Note, these rules do not apply to AR and AVP fans they are NOT entitled to there own opinion and should be hunted down and burned at the stake immediately) If we are allowed to have our own opinion, then f**k off! Me and Lone wolf like ALIENS because we like action(most likely) and you like horror movies more(probably). I dont know what is the problem wiht that.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 23, 2009, 07:40:37 PM

LOL Exactly my thoughts! ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Only after getting more exposure to the franchise did I realize how much it sucks though. Like AvP.

randy4321

randy4321

After watching Aliens and then the others Im pretty sure i was alien last I didnt really like it, except for the chestbursting scene that was awesome but the alien itself i didnt like, i guess cuz I have grown to the other designs.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I'm getting a vibe that you are a Predator fan...

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Deadmeat on Jun 25, 2009, 08:24:59 PM
I'm getting a vibe that you are a Predator fan...
lol nope more of an alien fan than predator, I like predator but I like alien more im more of a horror/sci-fi fan anyways

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Well it depends on my mood wich one I like better...

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I'm sure i've posted my thoughts on these films earlier on in this thread but ages ago...

#1 - I would have to cite 'Alien' as my favorite film + often cite it as my favorite film of all time, even beyond the realm of the Alien franchise. I find everything about this film to be absolutely brilliant. Yes, there are a few 'goofs' but they are easily forgivable. I just find 'Alien' to be a perfect film. A very solid 4 out of 4 stars.

#2 - While i cite 'Alien' as being my favorite movie i really do find 'Aliens' to be just as great but for different reasons. It is without a doubt my favorite action film of all time. Another 4 out of 4 stars.

#3 - Alien 3 (Assembly Cut): A great and often underrated film by non-series fans but then again, i guess our love for it is what helps define us as fans - lol. Again, there are so many things about this film that i love, especially the scenery and the musical score. The theatrical release really cut out many of the moments that make this film what it is - a character piece/human drama. It's pretty easy to see why the public frowned up the theatrical cut after they loved 'Aliens' so much. Of course they likely would have hated the Assembly Cut just as much @ the time, considering the drastic differences in style/tone. A nice 3.5 out of 4 stars.

#4 - Alien Resurrection: the sore thumb of the lot. I don't hate this film by any means but i do feel it pales in quality to the original 3 films. The style/tone the film takes on is very much in contrast with the previous films. Plus Ripley is now Ripley 8 + the Aliens were no longer scary. As a sci-fi flick it's really not that bad + certainly enjoyable for the action + even the characters aren't so bad after several viewings - lol. Still, not up too par with the rest of the lot. A mediocre 2 out of 4 stars.

That's pretty much it. I could ramble on more about each but who would read it? - lol.

Rebellion

Rebellion

Aliens was the best no doubt

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed