Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1044

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 492,777 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Alien had more more horror moments in it, i.e. Kane's Son popping up by surprise in shuttle, cornering Ripley before she drops Jonesy, and confronting Lambert and Parker. Aliens had, IMO, one true horror moment when Hicks sees the Aliens crawling in the ceiling.

SM

SM

I suppose if one feels the need to pigeon hole films into a single genre.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 19, 2009, 07:08:18 AM
Alien had more more horror moments in it, i.e. Kane's Son popping up by surprise in shuttle, cornering Ripley before she drops Jonesy, and confronting Lambert and Parker. Aliens had, IMO, one true horror moment when Hicks sees the Aliens crawling in the ceiling.

Same kind of scenes you can find in Aliens :
Kane's Son popping up by surprise in shuttle - Bishop getting impaled by the tale: both sudden and unexpected turns towards the end after you thought its all over, both relying on sudden scare and temporary confusion

cornering Ripley before she drops Jonesy - Queen closing in on Ripley and Newt in the elevator: same idea, and it was done puprosely to mirror that scene. Alien/Queen cuts off the way for Ripley by appearing from around the corner

and confronting Lambert and Parker  - thats simply a confrontation with alien. Ful of scare and tension, but you had plenty of that in Aliens, and little heightened by the sound of the motion trackers

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on May 20, 2009, 12:29:52 AM
Same kind of scenes you can find in Aliens :
Kane's Son popping up by surprise in shuttle - Bishop getting impaled by the tale: both sudden and unexpected turns towards the end after you thought its all over, both relying on sudden scare and temporary confusion

Not entirely because we see the acid fall to the ground in the scene with Bishop which makes the audience go "Uh oh..." and we know what's coming.

SM

SM

No we don't.  We don't get time to go "Uh oh".

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It raises eyebrows at least. My point is that you know something bad is about to happen.

SiL

SiL

And Kane spluttering was ... ?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Did I say it wasn't?

Hart

Hart

I love Aliens to bits and it's my favourite sci-fi horror/action but I could never put it above the original. All of you should be ashamed.

The Demon

The Demon

What I don't get is how it says on here everyone loves it over Alien but people talk about how Aliens took a shit on the creature compared to the original and things like that... yet it is the forums favorite. Really? That's confusing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There's only a handful of folks around here who think that, myself and SiL being the only two I can immediately think of.

Nachtfalke

Nachtfalke

Quote from: The Demon on May 21, 2009, 04:05:13 PM
What I don't get is how it says on here everyone loves it over Alien but people talk about how Aliens took a shit on the creature compared to the original and things like that...

Did I say that? I never said that!  ;)
'ALIEN' is a great sci-fi horror film, but as an action genre fan, I chose 'Aliens'. I think the creature is well executed in both films.

predator55

predator55

Hmmmmm tough between every alien film hahahaha ummm aliens i would think!

xenomorph-426

xenomorph-426

my favourite alien movies would be Alien and Aliens

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

1: Alien and Alien 3
2: Aliens
3: A:R

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed