Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 564,301 times)

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Well, for me its Alien tied with Aliens. I cant decide which one. One day I prefer the first one, another the second. Love A3 as well

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on May 07, 2009, 11:14:47 PM
Well, for me its Alien tied with Aliens. I cant decide which one. One day I prefer the first one, another the second. Love A3 as well

Actually it depends on your mood. If you want horror, then Alien. If you want action, then Aliens.

Am I right?

Nachtfalke

Nachtfalke

Quote from: deadmeat on May 12, 2009, 01:36:53 PM
Actually it depends on your mood. If you want horror, then Alien. If you want action, then Aliens.

Am I right?

You are right. I never want to have to chose the 'best' out of 'Alien' or 'Aliens' and I get in all sorts of trouble when I tell people that they are of different styles. "They are just films about an alien..." - no, they are not just films about an alien...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes they are. Alien was a basic haunted house tale set in space, with a never-before seen creature and more sexual themes underlying it than your average Giger piece of artwork. Aliens was a generic sci-fi action film with big production values.

SM

SM

It looked like it had big production values because Cameron's visual and technical ability.  The budget wasn't that big.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ok. But my point is that at the end of the day, it was a generic, albeit shiny, sci-fi film.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Sci-fi horror film.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Aliens wasn't horror to me. It was sci-fi action.

SM

SM

Shit popping out of peoples chests falls into the realm of horror.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 18, 2009, 02:28:35 PM
Ok. But my point is that at the end of the day, it was a generic, albeit shiny, sci-fi film.

Aliens is a generic sci-fi movie? I'd like to know what you think is a non-generic sci-fi film then.

And yes. Aliens is a mixture of genres. It's Science Fiction, Action, and Horror. You can mix and match those with any Alien or Predator flick.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on May 19, 2009, 12:21:27 AM
Shit popping out of peoples chests falls into the realm of horror.

That happened once.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Time magazine thought its horror

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 19, 2009, 12:42:12 AM
That happened once.

What the f*ck would you consider Poltergeist? A romantic comedy? No one died in that movie, so it is not a Horror film?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was referring to the single chestburster scene in Aliens.

SM

SM

QuoteThat happened once.

Same as Alien then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed