Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1044

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 494,077 times)

Parler

Parler

Yup, the SE is much better than the normal version.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I watched the SE last night, and it ok. Definitely better than the theatrical version that's for sure but still a pointless sequel.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 28, 2008, 10:47:44 PM
I watched the SE last night, and it ok. Definitely better than the theatrical version that's for sure but still a pointless sequel.

In what way is it 'pointless'?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Coz Aliens effectively killed off the alien species with the death of the Queen. A3 spat on that and said "Ah, wait!!! THERE'S OOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE MORE EGG!!!!"

SiL

SiL

At least it provided closure for the story.

And this is prolly just me, but I think death would be preferable to whatever f**ked up life Newt could be expected to have after Aliens.

The Demon

The Demon

Aliens

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Sep 04, 2008, 01:41:11 AM

And this is prolly just me, but I think death would be preferable to whatever f**ked up life Newt could be expected to have after Aliens.

Aliens was all the closure I needed. And as for Newt's fate, I just assumed that she, along with the others, went on happily ever after. Works for me.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2008, 04:21:13 AM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 04, 2008, 01:41:11 AM

Aliens was all the closure I needed. And as for Newt's fate, I just assumed that she, along with the others, went on happily ever after. Works for me.

"Aliens" had a boring Hollywood ending (I really hate the Power loader vs. Queen fight, so moronic and 'unrealistic') that totally ruined everything that was great about "Alien" and the second third of "Aliens".

"Alien 3" on the other hand had the perfect ending for a Trilogy - "Alien 3" is what makes the Alien series 'epic'. The circle is completed. The end itself is melancholic, dark and beautiful, just like the beginning of the first "Alien" movie. Ripley's sacrifice is heroic but not in a bombastic Hollywood kind of way... No one will know of her sacrifice of trying to save the human race, which by the way already is doomed (because humanism is dead in the future of Aliens -  a feature which is even more apparent in "Alien 3" than any of the other Alien movies). Her sacrifice works on so many different levels... it's complex, just like everything in or surrounding "Alien 3".

On top of that "Alien 3" is not a re-hash of "Alien", like "Aliens"...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 04, 2008, 09:12:53 PM

Oh no, Alien 3 is most definitely a re-hash of Alien. It's the same idea, only with a different setting and more people.

Huol

Huol

I get so damn tired of people saying that...

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2008, 10:50:58 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 04, 2008, 09:12:53 PM

Oh no, Alien 3 is most definitely a re-hash of Alien. It's the same idea, only with a different setting and more people.

"Alien 3" a re-hash of "Alien"!?! Whaaaa? In what way? Please specify!

"Aliens" on the other hand follows the exact same line of events as in "Alien" but with more people, aliens, guns and explosions:

1. Alien: Waking up from the cryotubes. Aliens: Waking up from the cryotube.

2. Alien: SOS signal received (Asheron/LV46 - origin unknown). Aliens: SOS signal received (Asheron/LV46 - human colony).

3. Alien: Investigating alien derelict. Aliens: Investigating 'abandoned' human colony.

4. Alien: 'Saving' Kane (bringing him back Kane to the ship). Aliens:  'Saving' Newt.

5. Alien: Chestbuster (Kane's son) & and the death of Brett. Aliens: Chestburster ("Kill me...Kill me!") & the death of the marines.

6. Alien: Emergency meeting. Aliens: Emergency meeting.

7: Alien: Ash's betrayal. Aliens: Burke's betrayal.

8: Alien: Alien ambushes and kills Parker & Lambert. Aliens: Aliens ambush and kill Vasquez, Gorman, Hudson and Burke.

9: Alien: Ripley saves Jones (da kat) after torching the nest (The Egg-morphing scene). Aliens: Ripley saves Newt after messing up the Queen's lair.

10: Alien: Nostromo explodes, Ripley & Jomes escape. Aliens: Human colony explodes, Ripley & Co escape.

11: Alien: Ripley (wearing a space suit) fights the Alien and then gets rid of it by flushing it out > Alien floating around in space (before getting scorched). Aliens: Ripley (maneuvering a robotic power loader) fights the Queen and then gets rid of it by flushing it out > Queen floating around in space.

12: Alien: Ripley & Jones lying down in cryotube to sleep. Alies: Ripley & Co lying down in cryoubes to sleep.

::)

EEV2650

EEV2650

my order is:

1. ALIENS
2. ALIEN 3
3. ALIEN
4. ALIEN: RESURRECTION
5. AVP
6. AVPR

Carnal Calligraphy

Carnal Calligraphy

1. ALIEN
2. ALIEN 3
3. ALIENS, I guess.
4. ALIEN: R

somanymods

somanymods

just picked up the quadrilogy off ebay, i still forming my opinions on Alien 3 and A:R.

if i had to go purely on first impression i'd say

Aliens
Alien
A:R
Alien 3

resurrection was a terrible movie in some ways but I enjoyed it more then alien 3.  alien 3 is like an incomplete art project and after the first 2 movies which tried so hard to stay consistent with the rules of the aliens, alien 3 just decided they would make up 2 eggs that couldn't possibly exist based on the events of aliens.  in the special edition ripley washes up on the beach after the escape pod hits the ocean like a meteor just so david fincher could change the story they way he wanted to and then never even really finished it.

A:R doesn't fit into the series at all, but being a fan of joss whedon and ron pearlman, i liked it better then 3 even though it isn't really part of the series. 

Alien was done better then Aliens, but again was not as enjoyable.  Seemed like so much more work went into aliens.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: somanymods on Nov 02, 2008, 07:28:21 PM
just so david fincher could change the story they way he wanted to and then never even really finished it.
Not only did Fincher not write Alien 3, he never had a hand in the special edition, either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed