Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 549,431 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: gameoverman on May 18, 2007, 02:05:45 PM
Flame me like hell but I like Alien Resurrection - I saw it 6 times when it was first released.  And I like the special edition even more. 

I used to hate AVP too but now I'm growing to like it.  I must be getting old and senile or something because why the hell am I liking AVP? 

I get that also: whenever I am not in the mood to see a serious movie, a drama or something heavy, I say 'Ok, let's see AVP again...'     :-[

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Flame me like hell but I like Alien Resurrection - I saw it 6 times when it was first released.  And I like the special edition even more. 

I used to hate AVP too but now I'm growing to like it.  I must be getting old and senile or something because why the hell am I liking AVP? 
I personally don't think it's THAT terrible.  I wasn't too happy about the predator and human team-up, but I didn't think it was done too terribly.  Plus Paul added tons of nods to the Alien movies, like the shot of her pulling herself up resembling the shot of Ripley pulling herself up in "Alien", and the flare sending the light beam across the wall like the scanner in "Aliens".  I appreciated those little bits.  I also found the unrated cut to be an improvement.  Sure, they mainly just added CG blood, but I thought it was a hell of a lot more fun with it.  The only two things I hated about it are all of the slow-motion and the fact that it felt much more like a predator film.

So in conclusion: I'm a gorehound who likes his action fast-paced.  Needless to say, I'm looking forward to AVP2. :P

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Alien. Aliens. Rez SE. Alien 3. AVP.

Modify: AVP used a shot from Rez, the slo mo jumping over the ravine.

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

Shoot me For saying so but.... Alien Resurrection is my favorite for a few reasons:

1. You see the Aliens like 20 min.s into the movie
2. Its got the Look of Alien (ships)
3. Its got the feel of Aliens
4. Its got some really good music
5. Its a wicked cool story

;D

- ALIENS ROCK!

Edit:

Now that I've watched them all I Like Aliens Better and Alien and Alien3 Are tied at second place but I still love Alien Resurrection.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Well, i aint going to shoot you but.....i do disagree.....especially about the story

War Wager

War Wager

I'll agree with 4. I think its got really mysterous and beautiful music, probably the best in the series.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I didn't appreciate the dark humor aspect in Alien Res.  It just made it seem nobody took the previous films seriously.  From the Director/Writers all the way down too the cast/characters themselves.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

alien 4, alien 3, alien

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: ELDERPREDATOR on Jun 12, 2007, 05:38:57 PM
alien 4, alien 3, alien

WHAT?!

NO love for ALIENS the movie?!

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 12, 2007, 05:49:33 PM
alien 4, alien 3, alien

WHAT?!

Not only do they not have love for the ALIENS movie, but they also has Alien Res on their list  :o

Platinumdragon

Platinumdragon

I say my favorites of the series are Aliens, Alien, Alien3, then Alien Resurrection. Aliens been the only movie that has given me nightmares after I had seen it.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Alien, Aliens, Alien: Ressurection, Alien3.
But Alien is by far the best movie from all, Ressurection comes very close to Aliens.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Aliens, Alien 3, Alien then Alien Resurection.

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

1 - Alien
2 - Aliens
3 - Alien 3
99 - AVP and Alien Resurrection

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Its Game Time on Jun 13, 2007, 09:21:03 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 12, 2007, 05:49:33 PM
alien 4, alien 3, alien

WHAT?!

FOR SHAME >:(

Not only do they not have love for the ALIENS movie, but they also has Alien Res on their list  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed