Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 551,321 times)

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Ellen Ripley on Dec 11, 2007, 05:26:40 PM
Aliens had great story and characterization as well as action

As did alien 3.

Whats so bad about it?

I prefer it to aliens...

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: Huol on Dec 12, 2007, 10:43:16 AM
Quote from: Ellen Ripley on Dec 11, 2007, 05:26:40 PM
Aliens had great story and characterization as well as action

As did alien 3.

Whats so bad about it?

I prefer it to aliens...

I know. . . Honestly I don't like Aliens that much compared to the original and Alien 3. .

city hunter

city hunter

Alien : Good, Suspenseful, But a lack of action                   Overall : 95%
                 Aliens : Great, Action-packed, Awesome weapons               Overall : 99%
                Alien3 :  Fair, Suspenseful, Gruesome, But a dumb storyline   Overall : 65%
Alien Ressurection : Strange, Better graphics, But wierd                        Overall : 57%

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: city hunter on Dec 13, 2007, 01:19:28 AM
Alien Ressurection : Strange, Better graphics, But wierd                        Overall : 57%

The first 2 films were great, but Alien 3 has been under-rated. Watch the assembly cut of the film on the Quadrilogy. It's like a totally different film altogether.

And don't start me on Res lol.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: I am Mother on Dec 14, 2007, 03:34:25 AM
Quote from: city hunter on Dec 13, 2007, 01:19:28 AM

The first 2 films were great, but Alien 3 has been under-rated. Watch the assembly cut of the film on the Quadrilogy. It's like a totally different film altogether.

And don't start me on Res lol.

The storyline is MUCH better in the assembly cut than the original movie.  You should check it out, I bet your opinion on Alien 3 will go up about 30 percent.

I am Mother

I am Mother

^ Definately. Can't see why it wasn't released that way first time!!

WisePredator

WisePredator

Alien: 10/10 (After watching it again last month I've come to appreciate it.)
Aliens: 10/10
Alien3: 7/10
Alien Rez: 8/10

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 are all equal to me. All three continue the story, but are completely different movies in terms of style.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 14, 2007, 09:41:14 PM
Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 are all equal to me. All three continue the story, but are completely different movies in terms of style.

Very true.  Do you think Resurrection fits in there?  Personally, I do but I'm also one of the few here who likes it, I think. . .

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I can enjoy A:R, but it is definitely a step down from the trilogy.

def

def

well i mean obviously the first would be my favorite i really enjoyed the terror and the paranoia, an element that, sadly, none of the subsequent films really elaborated on going more for guns and gusto. alien 3 is my second fav simply because it's back to one alien having to stalk and attack as opposed to hordes of them charging to their deaths like idiots. also the portrayal of the alien is what matters to me most when watching the films. i was pretty disappointed with how they turned out in avp, aliens and a:r. not to say those are bad movies they all have their ups and their downs but the aliens really turn out to be nothing more than dumb beasts in those particular films. well i suppose i've prattled on long enough so... FISHSTICKS!!!

Huol

Huol

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 10, 2007, 12:28:00 AM
Alien3 isn't bad, but it isn't particularly good either.

I think alien 3 was fantastic... I don't see anything wrong with it, at least the assembly cut anyway.

It had the best ending of all the movies, with the music, the visuals of the company closing the prison. It was perfect. A perfect closure to a perfect trilogy. Then along comes big fat alien ressurection, ready and waiting to take a giant brown shit on the franchise.

def

def

it was an effective endcap of the film series series and i don't mind there being a:r i just think it totally cheapens a3. a3 did have the best alien or at least the most threatening.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: def on Dec 16, 2007, 05:55:50 AM
it was an effective endcap of the film series series and i don't mind there being a:r i just think it totally cheapens a3. a3 did have the best alien or at least the most threatening.

Definitely.  The most cruel that is for sure.

Alienfan4ever

Alienfan4ever

My order is:

Aliens
Alien
Alien Resurrection
Alien3

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed