Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 563,345 times)

alien ravager

alien ravager

i thought the bit with the doctor at the glass was funny after he got scared and the fight with the aliens inside the pen to escape was great

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: alien ravager on Dec 06, 2007, 05:30:21 PM
i thought the bit with the doctor at the glass was funny after he got scared and the fight with the aliens inside the pen to escape was great

Same here. .

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

1- Alien 3
2- The 8th Passenger
3- Aliens
4- Resurrection

alien ravager

alien ravager

what the hell are you on about this is about favourite alien films not other things

SiL

SiL

The 8th Passenger, or Alien: The 8th Passenger, is the English translation of most foreign titles of Alien.

alien ravager

alien ravager

i didnt know that i thought it was a different film to alien

Tarog

Tarog

"Alien: The 8th Passenger" Cool Name, Never heard that before

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: ~Jarrecko~ on Dec 05, 2007, 08:47:30 PM
Frankly I'm shocked so many people hated Ressurection. I loved it. The story was good, the acting and character development fine, the spfx was fantastic. Overall a much better film than Aliens. ;D
Don't get me wrong, I thought Res was good. But better than Aliens?! Put the pipe down dude lol

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Quote from: I am Mother on Dec 09, 2007, 03:19:19 PM
Frankly I'm shocked so many people hated Ressurection. I loved it. The story was good, the acting and character development fine, the spfx was fantastic. Overall a much better film than Aliens. ;D
Don't get me wrong, I thought Res was good. But better than Aliens?! Put the pipe down dude lol
The alien in the first film was much creepier and intense than in Aliens. Aliens was just one big f**king action sequence. The logic didn't make sense such as them hiring Ripley to advise them about the creatures but, they don't listen to anything she says. The special effects were good and sigourney as always is great, that was about all I liked about it. It seemed like cameron was just capitilizing on the notion that americans will like any movie as long as it has big action scenes.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: I am Mother on Dec 09, 2007, 03:19:19 PM

lol.  Well, it depends on what type of action movie you like.  Aliens was more combat related and actually more realistic where Resurrection was totally Sci-Fi.

D-101

D-101

Aliens. It's the  only one I've rewatched more than twice & want on DVD.

1. Aliens
2. Alien

There's  a third & a fourth? I bet they're crapfests.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Alien3 isn't bad, but it isn't particularly good either. It's best to forget Alien: Resurrection was even made.

I am Mother

I am Mother

The thing with Aliens is, it was made when CGI wasn't even thought about. CGI plays such a huge part in any film that gets release nowadays that if the effects suck, people won't even watch it!

I have seen Aliens so a hundred times, and every time I see it I don't have to make excuses, (well obviously thats a green screen; that's obviously not real but OK, I suppose it's technically possible (James Bond I'm looking at you!)).

Aliens has to be one of the best films ever made because it didn't rely on that! Cameron managed to make that film so intense that you don't get a chance to breathe until the credits roll, and by the time you try to reflect on it you find yourself back at the cinema for round 2!! And there was not 1 thing in it that I looked at and thought "No way"

Suspention of disbelief is one thing, but it is so much easier when the film do's it for you!

Ellen Ripley

Ellen Ripley

Aliens had great story and characterization as well as action

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: Ellen Ripley on Dec 11, 2007, 05:26:40 PM
Aliens had great story and characterization as well as action

I like the characterization as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed