Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 558,865 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Edvin on Sep 22, 2012, 09:44:08 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 21, 2012, 11:21:30 PM
I think he means that there are a lot of people who loved the first two so much and refuse to accept the third film, and he can't understand why they do so.
becauseitssof**kinterribleandslowpacedanfiöledwithhorriblecharactersthatservesnopurposeanditdoesntreallydoanythingforthealienssaga.

Because, despite a sloppy opening and lots of behind the scenes problems that are unfortunately apparent on screen, the film tells a rather excellent story, provides closure on Ripley's character in a very satisfying way, and manages to take a bunch of unlikable prisoners and put them on a path to redemption, allowing us to sympathize with and grow to like some of them along the way. Also, it had a great atmosphere and setting, and did some rather interesting things with the Alien itself. And lets not forget that amazing soundtrack.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 21, 2012, 09:38:23 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Sep 21, 2012, 11:51:49 AM
Alien 3 is still my favourite.  I don't quite understand how it's not an Alien movie though  ???

What?

It was from an earlier post that I forgot to quote

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

For me -

Alien
Aliens
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Alien 3

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 22, 2012, 01:30:12 PM
Quote from: Edvin on Sep 22, 2012, 09:44:08 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 21, 2012, 11:21:30 PM
I think he means that there are a lot of people who loved the first two so much and refuse to accept the third film, and he can't understand why they do so.
becauseitssof**kinterribleandslowpacedanfiöledwithhorriblecharactersthatservesnopurposeanditdoesntreallydoanythingforthealienssaga.

Because, despite a sloppy opening and lots of behind the scenes problems that are unfortunately apparent on screen, the film tells a rather excellent story, provides closure on Ripley's character in a very satisfying way, and manages to take a bunch of unlikable prisoners and put them on a path to redemption, allowing us to sympathize with and grow to like some of them along the way. Also, it had a great atmosphere and setting, and did some rather interesting things with the Alien itself. And lets not forget that amazing soundtrack.

Well said. Not the perfect end to the trilogy, but a fine and admirable one nonetheless. Perfect closure for Ripley's arc.

Gash

Gash

ALIEN
PROMETHEUS
ALIEN³

Arcangel

Arcangel

Aliens, Alien, Prometheus, Alien3, and I absolutley hated Aliens: Ressurection.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

QuoteI absolutley hated Aliens: Ressurection.

Now that I think of it, Resurrection was kind of a big "Mmm, whatever.." sorta movie to me.

Arcangel

Arcangel

If you watch Nostalgia Critic: Alien Resurection, he perfectly describes my view of it. If you look at it as a spoof of the alien movies, it's hilarious. But it doesn't even classify as an Alien movie in my mind. Neither does Alien3. The death of Ripley, Bishop, Hicks and especially Rebecca(Newt) crushed me. I like to pretend they all lived happily ever after. Like in the comics! Newt lives, and grows into a fine adult. Of course, she still fights the Aliens, but she's alive. :/

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: Arcangel on Nov 03, 2012, 05:26:15 AM
If you watch Nostalgia Critic: Alien Resurection, he perfectly describes my view of it. If you look at it as a spoof of the alien movies, it's hilarious. But it doesn't even classify as an Alien movie in my mind. Neither does Alien3. The death of Ripley, Bishop, Hicks and especially Rebecca(Newt) crushed me. I like to pretend they all lived happily ever after. Like in the comics! Newt lives, and grows into a fine adult. Of course, she still fights the Aliens, but she's alive. :/

Agreed, that guy was awesome.  ;)

Arcangel

Arcangel

Which one? Bishop, Hicks, or The Nostalgia Critic?

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Nostalgia Critic.

Arcangel

Arcangel

Yeah...too bad he's 'decided to stop making vids'. Personally, I think he's trolling us.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He's finally giving some rest to his vocal chords.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

But he was so funny.  :'(

Arcangel

Arcangel

Yeah. But i do think he deserves a rest. If you've watched his scooby-doo one, he was being truthful with his opening. I doubt it was acting. I could be wrong, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed