Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 549,926 times)

Basher917

Basher917

why the f**k do people hate Alien3? past the egg on Sulaco i Don't see any problem with the film,
in fact it's an excellent film and i like it as much as Aliens

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Basher917 on Oct 30, 2011, 02:45:52 AM
why the f**k do people hate Alien3? past the egg on Sulaco i Don't see any problem with the film,
in fact it's an excellent film and i like it as much as Aliens
Same. I used to hate it, but I don't hate it now.

aliennaire

aliennaire

I chose Aliens, though this film and its original predecessor occupy exactly the same parts in my heart. I just have seen them in reverse chronology first, and that's why.

What about Alien^3 and A:R - I don't consider them such realistic, influential, perturbing and ...carrying simple and positive ideas, as Alien and Aliens have within. I simply don't take them serious :-)

Ripley7

Ripley7

I love the all out war of Aliens, the chilling suspense of Alien and the Dark Horror of Alien 3, I really can't choose between them! however Alein Resurrection does have elements of being a great movie! its a shame Ripley 8 didn't have a slap down with an Alien, that would have made the movie!!

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Ripley7 on Nov 01, 2011, 11:04:31 AM
its a shame Ripley 8 didn't have a slap down with an Alien, that would have made the movie!!
I think she did rip off the inner-mouth of an Alien. That's enough violence for me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Ripley7 on Nov 01, 2011, 11:04:31 AM
its a shame Ripley 8 didn't have a slap down with an Alien, that would have made the movie!!

That would have made the film even dumber than it already was. Thank God it didn't happen.

Lost Predator

Lost Predator

Even though I feel the original Alien is superior to all, my favorite to watch is Aliens. It has it all; action, suspense, plot, etc.

I used to dislike Alien 3, but after watching it when it was first released on VHS I grew to like it. However after growing up and learning more and more about it, I've once again fallen into the dislike (but not hate) the movie. The biggest thing for me, is the situation with the alien seems to play second fiddle, which wasn't the case in the previous two movies.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Wow, I'd hate to be that movie. :(

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Aliens is my favorite although alien is one of the few movies to ever actually scare me. Then again I was only a kid when I saw it. Alien 3 was quite good if only it was a stand alone movie imo. Alien resurrection... meh I still watch it. I also liked the avp and avpr movies. I honestly don't know why people get so grumpy over them. imo they're not canon to either franchise but just good old entertainment. Oh ok, I thought the acting was lame in both of them but that's not the creatures fault. I really hope they complete the trilogy with the 3rd film.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 18, 2011, 01:12:30 PM
Aliens is my favorite although alien is one of the few movies to ever actually scare me. Then again I was only a kid when I saw it. Alien 3 was quite good if only it was a stand alone movie imo. Alien resurrection... meh I still watch it. I also liked the avp and avpr movies. I honestly don't know why people get so grumpy over them. imo they're not canon to either franchise but just good old entertainment. Oh ok, I thought the acting was lame in both of them but that's not the creatures fault. I really hope they complete the trilogy with the 3rd film.

Welcome to the Forum!

And yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you said. I just don't think there will be a 3rd AVP film.... if there is, it probably won't be for like 10 years, and then it will be a stand-alone film that won't follow the first two.

Yeah, all the movies can be entertaining. And I also view Alien3 that it would have been better as some stand-alone film that doesn't take place within any given franchise. I love the art work in it, the prison colony, etc. It's quite unique. But it should have been some other vicious creature, not a Xenomorph. It could have been an Emmy-award winning film.

But I do get angry over the films, because they tend to screw up the continuity of the first two. There's all these lame events like Hicks and Newt being killed, Ripley being cloned, etc. Most of it uses too convenient of plot-devices which is just typical Hollywood, and it doesn't make sense. So it can be quite insulting to the realism and brilliance of the first two films.

The Collector

The Collector

Alien Resurrection, Alien 3, Aliens, Alien..

My favorite alien film is Alien Resurrection regardless the trash talking people give it.. its still my favorite.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

If you guys ask me, AVP killed Alien and AVP:R nailed the coffin shut. And 'The Collector', why do you like the Alien films the most back-to-back? Alien or Aliens are usually considered fan-favourites.

The Collector

The Collector

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Nov 24, 2011, 07:47:15 PM
If you guys ask me, AVP killed Alien and AVP:R nailed the coffin shut. And 'The Collector', why do you like the Alien films the most back-to-back? Alien or Aliens are usually considered fan-favourites.

idk... Alien Resurrection was my favorite.. really loved the Newborn and the story of it. Alien 3 was my second favorite because of the plot and the alien.

Space Jockey King

Space Jockey King

Quote from: The Collector on Nov 24, 2011, 08:05:12 PM
Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Nov 24, 2011, 07:47:15 PM

idk... Alien Resurrection was my favorite.. really loved the Newborn and the story of it. Alien 3 was my second favorite because of the plot and the alien.

A L I E N is the all time favorite nothing can beat it! :D

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

I can say A:R had better acting than AVP:R for certain, but they both lacked a great story. While the Newborn wasen't such a bad idea, it looked terrible. It took away most of the Alien's features; Acidic blood (although it dosen't really bleed, the hole in the glass didn't melt as his insides were going through), an inner jaw and an exoskeloten. One could say that while the entire body is endo, his head is exo. Im glad they scrapped the original idea to have mixed genetilia too. Alien 3 was pretty good but was more of a darker film than the previous ones, which I liked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed