Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 558,978 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Apr 20, 2011, 04:29:10 AM
I dunno.  Like Doom, I'm not seeing a difference.

It depends on perception, like the whole "great lengths" debate

QuoteAs for the amount of action being the same, you clearly have quite a different definition of the word "action" when it comes to movie terminology.

Not really, the definition of action is heightened activity, I think the disagreement here lies in the word "more" because I see you guys keep answering different things. Im talking about the amount of action sequences, you guys are talking about the scale and amount of the events within the action sequences

SM

SM

Yeah, I wouldn't call Parker and Lambert loading up coolant and Ripley looking for Jones to be 'action' sequences of any measure against the action sequences of Aliens.  By that definition, them walking through the Derelict is an action sequence.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 20, 2011, 04:31:19 AM
Aliens is absolutely action-packed in comparison, despite arguably sharing the same amount of action-specific scenes.

And thats really all Im saying and I agree with this sentence

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Apr 20, 2011, 04:33:38 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't call Parker and Lambert loading up coolant and Ripley looking for Jones to be 'action' sequences of any measure against the action sequences of Aliens.  By that definition, them walking through the Derelict is an action sequence.

No, but facing the Alien or Ash trying to kill Ripley is action

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

StrangeShape, no double posting please. Just edit your previous post.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 20, 2011, 04:37:48 AM
StrangeShape, no double posting please. Just edit your previous post.

My bad, its just that for some reason this evening I cant edit my posts on this board. Nothing happens when I click save

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 20, 2011, 04:34:24 AM
Aliens is absolutely action-packed in comparison, despite arguably sharing the same amount of action-specific scenes.

I'm sure you said at some point thought that Aliens doesn't have more action than Alien. Maybe it has the same number of sequences you can call action, but they're at the opposite ends of the action spectrum, with one ultimately dedicating more time and attention to action than the other, despite sharing 'beats'.

I'm flummoxed.

SM

SM

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 20, 2011, 04:35:16 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 20, 2011, 04:33:38 AM

No, but facing the Alien or Ash trying to kill Ripley is action

Not disputing that.  It's all the stuff in between.

On a different note, while watching Aliens last night it occurred to me that LV-426 has a retrograde rotation.  When Newt says "It'll be dark soon" etc and they watch the sunset, the AP Station is to right of frame.  The AP Station is south of the colony therefore Z2R is setting in the east.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 20, 2011, 04:46:47 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 20, 2011, 04:34:24 AM

I'm sure you said at some point thought that Aliens doesn't have more action than Alien. Maybe it has the same number of sequences you can call action, but they're at the opposite ends of the action spectrum, with one ultimately dedicating more time and attention to action than the other, despite sharing 'beats'.

I'm flummoxed.

Im just saying it has the same amount of action sequences, but I thought thats also the same as saying "same amount of action", therefore making the statement "more action" incorrect

Valaquen

Valaquen

It's not the same, Ade.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Well, if its not I see where the miscommunication originates from then

SiL

SiL

Why would anyone interpret "More action" as just meaning more action scenes? ???

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2011, 05:58:43 AM
Why would anyone interpret "More action" as just meaning more action scenes? ???

bah, you guys must forgive me, English is my second language

SiL

SiL

Oh.

Perfectly valid reason. What's your first?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2011, 06:09:48 AM
Oh.

Perfectly valid reason. What's your first?

Polish, although I do live in the States for few years but I still have some lose ends to tie as you can tell

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed