Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 558,883 times)

lozzy.94

lozzy.94

Aliens because it brought more action in the Franchise.

Mus

Mus

That's like saying you love eating soup with a fork.

First Blood

First Blood

A L I E N

SpaceMarines

First Blood

First Blood

That gif...damn that's nice.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Mus on Apr 16, 2011, 05:19:38 PM
That's like saying you love eating soup with a fork.
I eat soup with a fork all the time.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: lozzy.94 on Apr 16, 2011, 04:33:02 PM
Aliens because it brought more action in the Franchise.

Thats a common misconception which I think is a misconception really, since it doesnt have more action than Alien. It has the same amount, , with the only difference being that the action is larger in scale. The pacing structure of the 2 is virtually the same - Nothing happens in the first 2/3 of the movie except for one major event (chestbursting/hive attack) that takes the story onto different track (trying to survive alien/s, panic and planning). For the last 1/3 it's a non stop action and fast pace in contrast to the rest of the movie. Both are pressed for time before the mass explosion at the end, Both have a false/double ending, in both we dont see an alien until hour into the movie. In both we know only as much as the characters.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 17, 2011, 05:46:18 AM
Thats a common misconception which I think is a misconception really, since it doesnt have more action than Alien. It has the same amount, , with the only difference being that the action is larger in scale.
There's your answer.
No grenades or weapons firing in Alien.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Alien,
Aliens and,
AlienĀ³ in one bracket.

Alien: Resurrection in another bracket.

The first three defined the franchise and expanded on the establishment.

The 4th one, sabotaged the fame and name of the franchise and the only thing I like about it is the Aliens' intelligence and behavior. But I can still watch the movie numerous times.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 17, 2011, 12:32:21 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 17, 2011, 05:46:18 AM
Thats a common misconception which I think is a misconception really, since it doesnt have more action than Alien. It has the same amount, , with the only difference being that the action is larger in scale.
There's your answer.
No grenades or weapons firing in Alien.

Still, there no MORE action and its not ACTION packed. The action is bigger in scale, but theres no more than in Alien. Most of the movie is just doing nothing, its all tension and sitting barricaded. As in Alien

Valaquen

Valaquen

I wouldn't say it's action PACKED, but action is definitely the emphasis, whereas in Alien the emphasis is on suspense and then a quick kill. Aliens is about the suspense and then the long, drawn out battle for survival - action. It definitely introduced this to the series.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 18, 2011, 02:04:35 AM
Aliens is about the suspense and then the long, drawn out battle for survival - action.

Which is what Alien is as well - long suspense and tension, and the once Ripley finds Lambert and Parker dead, its a non stop tense action till the end, which also, like in Aliens, is set up against time. Its trying to escape the location and alien/s which is about to blow, then making a run in the ship and finding out the alien left with you and eventually using the airlock to get rid of it. Same stuff, just grander in nature in Aliens

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 18, 2011, 02:32:23 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 18, 2011, 02:04:35 AM
Aliens is about the suspense and then the long, drawn out battle for survival - action.

Which is what Alien is as well - long suspense and tension, and the once Ripley finds Lambert and Parker dead, its a non stop tense action till the end, which also, like in Aliens, is set up against time. Its trying to escape the location and alien/s which is about to blow, then making a run in the ship and finding out the alien left with you and eventually using the airlock to get rid of it. Same stuff, just grander in nature in Aliens
Except that's the end of the movie which, although explosive, features a character running down a corridor. That's as actiony as Alien gets. Aliens has weaponry and all sorts of characters actively fighting for survival. That is a whole new level of action. Aliens has suspense, yes, but it also has balls-to-the-wall action. Even Cameron himself yells about this. I don't think anyone involved with Aliens has actually said that the movie is pretty much as actiony as Alien. Aside from the claxxons blazing on the Nostromo, I don't think Alien gets anywhere as nearly wild as Aliens does.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Yeah, but my point is that theres no more action than in Alien, its just bigger action

Valaquen

Valaquen

I don't think so. What's comparable to the Hive ambush or the Operations attack? Not a couple of half-second flashes of the original Alien, surely?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed